G Tec electric bikes

Colin Leake

On the face of it they look attractive with their light weight and simple design. We only carry one bike for reaching shops etc and are not looking for massive performance or range. Problem is you have to take the impressive claims they make on trust as one can't get to see one never mind try one. I'm a bit worried about quality given comments I've heard about other of their products. Also the lack of gears seems a potential problem. At the moment I can't even find out if a freewheel is included!

Any one got any experience or knowledge of them or for that matter any experience as to,the quality and performance of any of their other products. Their advertising seems a little bit on the optimistic side. I cand realy believe their little battery power vac is the best in the world!

Hi Colin,

After our experience with one of there so called vacuum cleaners I will NEVER EVER buy one of there products again!

How often have you sucked the end of a shoe lace up a vacuum and pulled it and carried on? Well the end of one shoe lace stripped all the gears in the machine rendering it scrap, and that was first time out of the box! Luckily we got our money back and went and bought a 'proper' cleaner.

So how would the bike cope with a shoe lace in the chain, sorry 'rubber band' drive? Would that strip all the teeth off?

Keith.

Keithl - 2016-06-27 8:30 PM

Hi Colin,

After our experience with one of there so called vacuum cleaners I will NEVER EVER buy one of there products again!

How often have you sucked the end of a shoe lace up a vacuum and pulled it and carried on? Well the end of one shoe lace stripped all the gears in the machine rendering it scrap, and that was first time out of the box! Luckily we got our money back and went and bought a 'proper' cleaner.

So how would the bike cope with a shoe lace in the chain, sorry 'rubber band' drive? Would that strip all the teeth off?

Keith.

We have had our GTECH vac for 2 years and for everyday cleaning it is good but for intense cleaning you need a bit more power.

It was a Gtech Air Ram and it sucked up all of 5 or 6". The best bit is the instructions say if it encounters a jam it will stop and all the lights flash until you switch it off (or something like) but there was just a faint crunch, the motor carried on and no lights where flashing.

I have since found out he 'engineers' his products to a price and then reduces it further! The result is the poorest quality components made to the absolute minimum standards to make the product work.

If you offered me an Air Ram for a tenner I would say it was over priced let alone the two hundred he asks!

Keith.

Archived