I'd love this for my shower

henrypartridge

Just seen a Knaus Boxlife PVC at Lowdhams. Like my Globecar it has a shower tray in the floor with doors that pull round it to make the shower cubicle. The Globecar then has a shower curtain that pulls across to protect the toilet area. Fiddly

The Knaus had a sort of vertical waterproof roller blind which pulled across and latched into a rail on the other side: done in a second. Brilliant

Has anyone any idea where one of these could be purchased?

I tried to attach pics of it but it hasn't worked

Not sure which Boxstar model you were looking at or which bathroom was involved (as, apparently, there are two choices).

I do recall Knaus using waterproof vertical roller-blinds in their motorhome bathrooms in the early-2000s. As with my Rapido 640’s bathroom the Knaus design had the toilet at the bathroom’s rear with the shower-area in front and, before showering, the roller-blind was pulled across to protect the toilet.

It was evident when we looked at a Knaus back then that (although the roller-blind idea was novel) the implementation was flawed. Merely touching the closed roller-blind accidentally caused it to retract savagely (I remember this was mentioned in a magazine review) and the secondhand but nearly-new A-class model we saw had the lower edge of the roller-blind torn where it met the bathroom floor.

Our Rapido uses Remis bi-fold plastic doors in the bathroom.

Before showering, a pair of full-height doors is closed behind the bathroom’s wooden entrance-door and these Remis doors operate OK.

A second pair of doors is closed above the top of the toilet and protects the rear wall of the bathroom and most of the toilet. However, in our particular vehicle the width of the bathroom at the toilet is slightly too narrow for the bi-fold doors to be closed easily and I’ve resorted to using velcro on the door-edge and frame to keep the door shut. In practice a traditional shower-curtain would be a simpler (and probably a good deal cheaper) way to protect the toilet, but this would, of course, be less ‘stylish’.

• 2 weeks later...
It was a new Boxstar, forget the model, at Lowdhams Gunthorpe. The rail it clicks into held it very solidly. The shower doors were solid tinted Perspex rather than tambour, much smoother. An elegant solution and I'd certainly buy it to fit to mine to get rid of the shower curtain.

• 2 weeks later...

This earlier discussion may help

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Posting-Photos-/37941/

As long as your picture-file has a .jpg extension (eg. Knaus-bathroom.jpg in my last posting) and is no larger in size than 100kb, and you have ‘ticked’ the forum’s “Attach a file after posting” box at the bottom of your posting’s ‘window’ before posting, and then followed the subsequent procedure correctly, you should be able to do it.

(For pucks try Savlon ;-) )

Archived