Outside curtesy light bulb change

Raywill

I have an auto trail tracker 05 and want to change the bulb.i took the plastic cover off outside and found a thick glass cover stuck on solid.i noticed directly opposite under a plastic cover inside a metal plate with a thread and nut securing it to the interior wall,I have taken the nut off and gently tapped the thread nothing's moved any ideas without breaking the glass cover please.

Raywill - 2016-08-10 4:25 PM

I have an auto trail tracker 05 and want to change the bulb.i took the plastic cover off outside and found a thick glass cover stuck on solid.i noticed directly opposite under a plastic cover inside a metal plate with a thread and nut securing it to the interior wall,I have taken the nut off and gently tapped the thread nothing's moved any ideas without breaking the glass cover please.

usually the bulb is accessible from the inside of van. In the cupboard behind the light. I believe your tracker is simalar to our van , and that is where ours is

PJay

Hi Ray,

First off are you absolutely sure the nut and stud are for the awning light or do they hold your wind out awning in place? Ours are 100% for the wind out awning!

Your awning light will most probably be a LABCRAFT like the picture below, I have just replaced ours as it was fading badly.

After removing the white 'cover' you should find a small notch under one edge of the opal section. If you lever gently it will pop off as it is held in place by a large, thin 'O' ring.

Replacement is simply reversing the procedure.

Keith.

PS I replaced my fluorescent bulb with two 15 cm strips of LED's at a 45 degree angle to the ground.

1104096000_Awninglight.jpg.5fd221899e78dafff6fff1c902e3e13a.jpg

Thanks Keith you was right ,I was trying to prise the main body off,not the cover it came off easy.as for the spindle inside it was connected to the awning one more tap on the spindle could've been like only fools and horses with the chandelier disaster,thanks for all replies ray.

Archived