Time to hang up my hose?

Tracker

breakaleg - 2016-08-31 4:57 PM

Hi Rich,

Sorry to hear of your problem and I sympathise , I myself take 19 pills a day but keep going,I may bump into you one day on Evesham high street,we visit a few times a year usualy Evesham country world (I know it has changed it's name or Hilliars etc .

Take care mate.

Pete

Thanks Pete - snap - I'm on 19 pills too!

The Evesham country Park as was is now known as 'The Valley' which being right on the top of a hill is a bit odd but it is an expanding and pleasant place to shop - if you like shops that is!

Hillers farm shop etc is further out towards Alcester way and is again a pleasant place to wander if you like shopping, but it does do a very good cuppa tea and cake in much quieter surroundings than t'other place. Their farm shop carries many of the brands from yesteryear - but at modern day prices!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rich

Sorry to hear of your health problems forcing you to give up your passion (well, one of them anyway). I have my own health issues of deteriorating leg strength (quads mainly)that the neurological deppartment at Bristol Southmead have not got to the bottom of yet. At least they have ruled out MND, MD, MS and numerous other things after nerve conductivity tests and an MRI and numerous blood tests. However my problems are insignificant in comparison with yours. We have only been motorhoming for a year after several years on the other side and have always enjoyed reading your very informative and often humerous posts .Long may they continue along with your sense of humour. We live in Weston-super-Mare and so are not a million miles from Evesham (after a recent 2 thousand mile trip around France). If you ever want a long day out somewhere in a motorhome we would willingly pick you and your wife up an accommodate your travel whims. Just PM me if you feel the need.

All the best for the future.

John

Hi Rich, I was going to send you a pm to see if you were ok as I noticed a big drop off in your posting rate. Aging has it good & bad sides I guess we all must endure the downs as well as the ups. This year I have developed an allergy to beef & pork due to a tick dropping a foreign protein into my blood stream. The results are not pleasant (majors swelling of tongue and or face) but as you have done we adjust our lives accordingly. As a relatively newish contributor to this excellent forum I initially was drawn here by the quality of the contributions by a number of members. Rich you are right up there with the best of them. While Ido not always agree with your comments you are prepared to "stand up and be counted"', for that I thank you. I for one will look forward to your continued contributions and I do expect one joke a month. Hope you find a good home for your "holiday house with no postcode" and that the new meds hit the spot. Cheers,

John Allen - 2016-09-02 10:26 PM

Rich

Sorry to hear of your health problems forcing you to give up your passion (well, one of them anyway). I have my own health issues of deteriorating leg strength (quads mainly)that the neurological deppartment at Bristol Southmead have not got to the bottom of yet. At least they have ruled out MND, MD, MS and numerous other things after nerve conductivity tests and an MRI and numerous blood tests. However my problems are insignificant in comparison with yours. We have only been motorhoming for a year after several years on the other side and have always enjoyed reading your very informative and often humerous posts .Long may they continue along with your sense of humour. We live in Weston-super-Mare and so are not a million miles from Evesham (after a recent 2 thousand mile trip around France). If you ever want a long day out somewhere in a motorhome we would willingly pick you and your wife up an accommodate your travel whims. Just PM me if you feel the need.

All the best for the future.

John

Many thanks John that is a very kind and generous offer especially as you don't really know how cantankerous I can be!

We do like the Weston area but it is not somewhere that we tend to visit that often and we had some friends that once won a first prize for a week's stay in Weston - I believe second prize was a two week stay - and they enjoyed it.

At the moment we are still very mobile so it is not a problem but it is a very kind and thoughtful idea so a warm thank you from us both.

Geeco - 2016-09-03 12:41 AM

Hi Rich, I was going to send you a pm to see if you were ok as I noticed a big drop off in your posting rate. Aging has it good & bad sides I guess we all must endure the downs as well as the ups. This year I have developed an allergy to beef & pork due to a tick dropping a foreign protein into my blood stream. The results are not pleasant (majors swelling of tongue and or face) but as you have done we adjust our lives accordingly. As a relatively newish contributor to this excellent forum I initially was drawn here by the quality of the contributions by a number of members. Rich you are right up there with the best of them. While Ido not always agree with your comments you are prepared to "stand up and be counted"', for that I thank you. I for one will look forward to your continued contributions and I do expect one joke a month. Hope you find a good home for your "holiday house with no postcode" and that the new meds hit the spot. Cheers,

Thats a real bu##er for you Gary and I'm sorry to hear it and I do hope that it won't spoil your planned trip to Europe?

I do try not to take myself, or anyone else, too seriously on here - after all it's only a motorhome forum for heaven's sake - hardly life or death stuff!

PS

Sheila walked into the kitchen to find Bruce stalking around with a fly swatter.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Hunting Flies" He responded.

"Oh. Killing any?" She asked.

"Yep, 3 males, 2 Females," he replied.

Intrigued, she asked. "How can you tell them apart?"

He responded, "3 were on a beer can, 2 were on the phone."

Ok that joke takes care of September and I am sure you have more to cover the months ahead. We have already had our European adventure or should I say Italian adventure as we stayed in Italy for the whole 6 weeks covering some 4500 kms. Lots of good food as usual but this time no porcetta! I can still eat poultry so no big deal. It is whale wAtching season on our east coast so have tonight returned from two weeks sitting on the east coast looking for whales. Found a couple about 200 Mtrs off the beach so trip was worthwhile. Cheers,

The very best wishes Richard and it was nice to have actually met you in your van at one of the shows a year or two back.

We have had to cut back travelling this year as MIL aged 91 is getting very frail and up to now with our support managed to stay in her own home but has just had a spell in hospital and at the moment Val is staying with her and I commute to and fro.

Looking forward to seeing here still though.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to hear that Tracker. I misunderstood this thread because when I saw the title about time to hang up your hose I thought 'hose' was one of your fashion items ;-)

When we have to give something up perhaps it makes us even more likely to look back on it with rose couloured glasses? Just remember all the crap as well and it won't seem so bad ;-)

Sorry to hear your news Tracker. You've always struck me as the sort of bloke I'd have enjoyed bumping into on site. Just a suggestion why not sell your motorhome with a buy back clause just in case. I must say that I've had a few medical problems myself that have caused us to change/cancel some holidays over the past two years. Fortunately though unpleasent at the time they all been able to be sorted buy a touch of surgery and or a few pills. When the day does inevitably arrive when I have to give up I'll be to put it mildly well p*ssed off. Bit morbid but if we still have our present Warwick XL I'd quite fancy being taken on the final trip in the back of that. Save a few bob that and be a bit different.

Anyway the bear and I wish you the best possible outcome and do please keep up you good natured and often informative posting.

Archived