Blackpool

John52

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2016-09-03 7:14 PM

I don't know what John52 is on - but can I have some please?

Cant make my mind up whether its Crack or day release :D .......

But there again he could just be a Labour member, and as he can afford a moho he must be a union rep ;-) .......

antony1969 - 2016-09-04 7:05 AM

. It's dirty , minging place

The new seafront looks fabulous and there are some very nice gardens. But when you go behind the seafront parts of it are as you describe. There is an oversupply of accommodation, prices rock bottom, so benefit claimants sent there. Those sort of streets don't get swept and washed every day like Oxford Street

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2016-09-04 8:50 AM

The new seafront looks fabulous and there are some very nice gardens. But when you go behind the seafront parts of it are as you describe. There is an oversupply of accommodation, prices rock bottom, so benefit claimants sent there. Those sort of streets don't get swept and washed every day like Oxford Street

I doubt they pay the same kind of business rates as they do on Oxford Street ;-) .........

The new seafront is much better ... Most of the shops and many of the hotels to the front are horrible never mind on the back streets

In Blackpool you are never more than 30 seconds away from the next hen or stag do ... Whenever I am forced to go I always come back feeling the need for a shower ... Being anti-social it's not my kinda thing but for many it suits ... Fleetwood up the road much better and we've stayed at St Anne's on occasions in the motor which is a lovely spot

I did business with an engineering tool company that was based in Lytham St Anne's and the highlight of my annual factory visit was a trip along the seafront to review the "illuminations". This is a truly unique British experience. You do not see trams like that anywhere else I have been. I do remember one visit reading in the local newspaper that a couple climbed up the roller coaster to the top station and made love. Only in Blackpool !! Cheers,

pelmetman - 2016-09-04 9:41 AM

I doubt they pay the same kind of business rates as they do on Oxford Street ;-) .........

A 3 bed semi in a deprived area pays more Council Tax than Buckingham Palace. That does not mean it gets better services.

antony1969 - 2016-09-04 5:28 PM

we've stayed at St Anne's on occasions in the motor which is a lovely spot

Did you go there on the Tram ;-) I think the average age in St Annes must be about 86. .

Some woman living in the flats opposite objected to the black statue of Les Dawson on the Seafront because it is facing her window and she said she could feel him staring at her at night. *-)

Geeco - 2016-09-06 9:29 AM

the highlight of my annual factory visit was a trip along the seafront to review the "illuminations".

The ones in the town centre are worth seeing too, but the most spectacular is the tower of course. Thousands of mult coloured bulbs all the way up the tower all seem to be controlled individually to make continually changing patterns. I'm not sure how they do it. Can't be multiple wires to each bulb like they used to be - would be too many wires. I think the bulbs are connected together and they send a digital single along the wire that is unique to each bulb and each colour in the bulb?

Geeco - 2016-09-06 9:29 AM.... I ...remember ...reading in the local newspaper that a couple climbed up the roller coaster to the top station and made love. Only in Blackpool !! ...

These days it would probably be a couple of blokes doing that sort of thing in Blackpool; it is not the HIV capital of England for nothing.

StuartO - 2016-09-09 1:43 PM
Geeco - 2016-09-06 9:29 AM.... I ...remember ...reading in the local newspaper that a couple climbed up the roller coaster to the top station and made love. Only in Blackpool !! ...

These days it would probably be a couple of blokes doing that sort of thing in Blackpool; it is not the HIV capital of England for nothing.

The ill informed rumour that Aids is a homosexual thing seems very dangerous to me. Because it could cause heterosexuals to make the fatal mistake of thinking it doesn't apply to them?

John52 - 2016-09-09 3:05 PM

The ill informed rumour that Aids is a homosexual thing seems very dangerous to me. Because it could cause heterosexuals to make the fatal mistake of thinking it doesn't apply to them?

But HIV is a disease to which promiscuous homosexuals, of whom there are lots in Blackpool, are prone.  Other groups are at special risk too of course but in Blackpool I think the gay community gets the star prize.  Non-promiscuous heterosexuals who are not drug users who also share needles actually have a very low incidence of HIV infection, so trying to make out that they are in the same boat doesn't make a lot of sense.

StuartO - 2016-09-09 3:33 PM
John52 - 2016-09-09 3:05 PM

But HIV is a disease to which promiscuous homosexuals, of whom there are lots in Blackpool, are prone.  Other groups are at special risk too of course but in Blackpool I think the gay community gets the star prize.  Non-promiscuous heterosexuals who are not drug users who also share needles actually have a very low incidence of HIV infection, so trying to make out that they are in the same boat doesn't make a lot of sense.

Its the world fireworks championship in Blackpool tonight. But you might agree with the guy who said the best way to light up Blackpool would be to station the Trident Nuclear Subs offshore and open fire :D I don't know whether the fireworks will go ahead as its raining, but a local guy here says they usually still have the fireworks in the rain. I'm taking the opportunity to look at my photos. This is the statue of Les Dawson on the prom at St Annes. A woman in the flats opposite objected to it because she says whenever she looks out her window he is staring at her *-)

1699628666_LesDawsonStatue.jpg.48686932f94e49353f91ee451aa19456.jpg

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2016-09-09 4:43 PM

He put the roof on when it was built.

Dave

Yeah looks like one of his jobs......there's no lead on the corners :D ........

• 2 weeks later...
pelmetman - 2016-09-09 6:58 PM

nowtelse2do - 2016-09-09 4:43 PM

He put the roof on when it was built.

Dave

Yeah looks like one of his jobs......there's no lead on the corners :D ........

He's not here. He must be still at St Annes waiting for the tram :D

Archived