Acsi order web page

phalange

Is anybody else having difficulty ordering the Acsi 2016 book? i go throught the process of ordering and i want the book delivered to a different address than the billing address and when i come to the payment section it wont let me access the page where i put my card details in? If i want it sending to my home address its not a problem.

ps

I have ordered before and had it sent to a different address.

Hi Phalange, I think you will find that CC companies and Banks have tightened up their security due to the high number of fraudulent transactions taking place. Its the different address to the card address that causes the problem. Can't you get a neighbour to forward it to where you want it sent?

phalange - 2016-09-07 8:15 AM

Is anybody else having difficulty ordering the Acsi 2016 book? i go throught the process of ordering and i want the book delivered to a different address than the billing address and when i come to the payment section it wont let me access the page where i put my card details in? If i want it sending to my home address its not a problem.

ps

I have ordered before and had it sent to a different address.

Are you trying to order from ACSI , or from Vicarious books?

PJay

Ok I have my answer, i found this whilst having a look aroung the customer service page. Thanks all.

YES, YOU CAN GIVE THE CAMPINGCARD ACSI AS A GIFT. WHEN PLACING YOUR ORDER YOU CAN ADD A DIFFERENT DELIVERY ADDRESS TO THE BILLING ADDRESS. YOU WILL ALSO BE ABLE TO ADD A PERSONAL MESSAGE DURING THE ORDER PROCESS.

IT IS NO LONGER POSSIBLE TO SEND THE CAMPINGCARD TO A CAMPGROUND OR OTHER HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATIONS.

henrypartridge - 2016-09-07 6:50 PMFunny how it costs more to buy from our so called clubs

Manufacturers and wholesalers usually sell only to retailers, to whom the public pay the retail price.  If they sell directly as well then they uually charge the full retail price, so as not to undercut their trade customers.  Retail pricing is mostly true for the clubs you mention too, because they operate as businesses so they have their business costs to cover.  This way the retail customer pays a price which reflects the convenience of buying locally or from a handy retail source which carries stock (and ties up capital) so as long as the margins are not excessive it's not a bad system because it delivers the product to where it's needed pretty efficiently.

ASCI is exceptional in supplying directly at a cheaper price than retail outlets can afford to offer and usually in those circumstances the retailers simply wouldn't bother handling the product.  The clubs, or at least C&CC, do it anyway, as a service, adding only a small charge to cover their handling costs.  I don't think that's unreasonable.

Of course if you are one of those people who think that all profit is exploitation and everyone except you should work for free so they don't profit from you, then you will probably think you are being ripped off.

PJay - 2016-09-08 9:36 AM

phalange - 2016-09-07 11:26 PM

sorry i should have said, from the Acsi site

So have you tried Vicarious Books then??

PJay

Just looked on Vicarious web site.

They also can not post outside UK , DUE TO EU RULES !!

So when we get out , will not be a problem ??

PJay

yoko8pups - 2016-09-08 10:01 AM

A little bit off thread but a yes or no answer will do, do the prices in the ACSI book include electric hook up?

YES sometimes restricted to a set amount and then if you go over you pay the difference, based on total use for whole of stay. Some sites even include water and drainage on pitches

PJay

Great savings , well worth having if you travel outside peak times

Wirralian - 2016-09-08 11:24 AM

Not being able to have the ACSI book delivered to a campsite abroad presents a bit of a problem for us who are away for the winter and not at home in December when the new books and card are delivered.

John L :'(

John, Maybe you can ask if there is a site that carries the books?

as I stated above, I have seen them at least at 1 site in Spain. i suggest you enquire from ACSI , as I guess many people may have a problem with this.

if you can't send books outside your own country , (as I understand it) Then how will companies like ACSI a work ?

PJay

StuartO - 2016-09-08 8:22 AM
henrypartridge - 2016-09-07 6:50 PMFunny how it costs more to buy from our so called clubs

Manufacturers and wholesalers usually sell only to retailers, to whom the public pay the retail price.  If they sell directly as well then they uually charge the full retail price, so as not to undercut their trade customers.  Retail pricing is mostly true for the clubs you mention too, because they operate as businesses so they have their business costs to cover.  This way the retail customer pays a price which reflects the convenience of buying locally or from a handy retail source which carries stock (and ties up capital) so as long as the margins are not excessive it's not a bad system because it delivers the product to where it's needed pretty efficiently.

ASCI is exceptional in supplying directly at a cheaper price than retail outlets can afford to offer and usually in those circumstances the retailers simply wouldn't bother handling the product.  The clubs, or at least C&CC, do it anyway, as a service, adding only a small charge to cover their handling costs.  I don't think that's unreasonable.

Of course if you are one of those people who think that all profit is exploitation and everyone except you should work for free so they don't profit from you, then you will probably think you are being ripped off.

Oh thanks for that long explanation and your gratuitous abuse. I totally believe that businesses need to make profits. However, most businesses aren't "clubs" and most businesses don't charge fifty pounds a year to do business with them. But I'll give you this, the Caravan Club is now indistinguishable from a business, club it isn't

Every year we have the same problem about where and how to get the Card when we are away.

Can I urge everyone to contact ACSI asking for an online membership system.

SO if you cannot collect the card or you lose it the campsite can easily check online that you are a member and your passport shows you are the right person.

So simple for all of us who go away before the books arrive.This year I will get my sister to open books in UK and just air mail card to campsite................anyone done that before

webby1 - 2016-09-09 8:19 AM

Every year we have the same problem about where and how to get the Card when we are away.

Can I urge everyone to contact ACSI asking for an online membership system.

SO if you cannot collect the card or you lose it the campsite can easily check online that you are a member and your passport shows you are the right person.

So simple for all of us who go away before the books arrive.This year I will get my sister to open books in UK and just air mail card to campsite................anyone done that before

Good idea. The sites don't change much, usually just extra sites each year. . I wonder does this rule apply to the Cd ??

PJay

Wirralian - 2016-09-09 1:24 PM

Its true that the sites do not change but their numbers on the the location map do each year. Why do they do this?

John L

Because they add more sites, and group in area. As long as you have the co- ordinates , it's not really a problem .

PJay

I've also tried to convince them that it is a waste of resources to issue a full set of paper books each year (which is probably why they change the numbers)

I always search and find details on line................................still trying to convince them it's the future

I've also tried to convince them that it is a waste of resources to issue a full set of paper books each year (which is probably why they change the numbers)

I always search and find details on line................................still trying to convince them it's the future

Archived