Rapido 927f 2006

Gungster1

We are a young couple with a 1 year old baby and are interested in buying a rapido we saw yesterday any body have any info good or bad on this model , we are open to any vehicle and have a healthy budget but due to the baby seat etc we are limited as what to model we can buy re seat belts etc. This will be our first motor home purchase for both uk and Europe traveling

I had a Hymer 544 for 8 years and it was very reliable. With any A-class, you have to be sure you can fit in the drop down bed if that is where you propose sleeping. It's not for everyone. The Hymer also comes with a fixed table which may restrict the scope to use a floor standing baby cot.

There is an issue with some motorhomes and their ability to keep a child safe in a child seat. You need to satisfy yourself that the motorhome you buy can hold a child seat safely. Motorhome travel seats [not those in the cab] tend have softer seat bases than cars.

Rapidos have a good reputation. I've looked at them twice and each time bought a Hymer. I do believe that Rapidos are better value for money; they just lack the edge in quality and design. The Rapido is a short van but big enough for three.

If you haven't checked out the following pages, I recommend you do. Scroll down to the lower end of the page for the information on buying a motorhome.

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes/buyers-guide/motorhomes/

John I did look at the hymer at the same time and I personally preffered it but the wife loved the rapido, we both had concerns re the child seat and have looked at a couple of possible extra safety like harnesses which they claim can be used in a motorhomes, going to test drive them both next week as the wife doesn't have c1,d1 and as I will be doing all the driving I would say I should have the last word but I think that won't happen :-D

Archived