Thetford N3000 series fridge/freezer fault

david lloyd

Hi everyone,

Our 2015 Chausson is fitted with a Thetford N3175 AES fridge/freezer and seems to have stopped operating on 12v (either on manual or AES) with the engine running. The panel flashes and there is a fault display (spanner pictogram with a number) showing fault code 4. Unfortunately the handbook I have does not contain fault codes (!) and when I rang Thetford there was no reply. I have also emailed but with no reply. This is not impressive.

So, anyone have any idea as to what the fault code 4 may be - I have checked the 30amp fuse at the CBE distribution box and that seems ok. I'm thinking it maybe either the relay (not sure where that's located or what it looks like) or I think there could be another fuse directly off the vehicle battery which, on my IH panel van, was a 50amp.

Any advice welcome

David

Hi Keith, thank you for the link. It could very well be the answer but I am a little unsure as a) they are not the correct model numbers (mine is in the later N3000 range) and b) I don't have the means with me to test the input voltage.

However, I do have the van booked in for its habitation in a couple of weeks so will ring them to see if they know what may be the cause and, as the diagnostic chart shows it may need a new control board, if they would have the necessary parts to hand.

David

David, error code 4 is one of a number for which the only reference in the manual is "contact your dealer, or a Thetford service centre".

The phone number for Thetford customer services UK is 01709 766750. There seems only to be one chap there, but I contacted him two or three times and he's always been very constructive and helpful.

BTW, their warranty is for three years. Good luck.

Brian Kirby - 2016-10-04 10:10 PM

David, error code 4 is one of a number for which the only reference in the manual is "contact your dealer, or a Thetford service centre".

The phone number for Thetford customer services UK is 01709 766750. There seems only to be one chap there, but I contacted him two or three times and he's always been very constructive and helpful.

BTW, their warranty is for three years. Good luck.

Many thanks Brian, we are going out in the van again today so will try once more on AES and manual to see what throws up then give him a ring later.

David

Archived