£ devaluation/Motorhome prices!

Colin Leake

Guest pelmetman
Colin Leake - 2016-10-19 7:02 PM

When I started this thread I thought it may generate a few comments but never anticipated the direction it would eventually take. Hope your all enjoying yourselves.

So do you think I'm more annoying in the flesh or on line? :D ........

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
antony1969 - 2016-10-19 1:38 PM

Violet1956 - 2016-10-19 1:25 PM

pelmetman - 2016-10-19 12:23 PM

Barryd999 - 2016-10-19 12:17 PM

pelmetman - 2016-10-19 11:48 AM

Barryd999 - 2016-10-19 11:41 AM

Ironically those areas voted out. *-)

So what does that tell you about the real world? ;-) .............

They are stupid and deserve all that's coming to them. (lol)

Or that after 40 years the EU has not provided any tangible benefits to the majority of the UK......

And your evidence for that statement is what Dave? At least Barry gave us some examples of tangible benefits he witnessed first hand.

I can't see how it is possible to separate out the causes leading to the marked improvement in the economic prosperity of people in the UK when compared with the the dire situation we were in when we joined in the 70s from other factors not connected to membership of the EU. I would look to the evidence and opinions presented by experts on that one. I don't pretend to know the degree to which membership has played in improving our standard of living. However that's quite different from saying that the EU has not provided any tangible benefits for the majority. That is a very subjective view of what is or is not a benefit of membership. You're entitled to it but you can't speak for the majority.

In anticipation that you will remind me that a majority who voted for Brexit share your view I would observe that some of the 52% of people who voted for it did so on a perception that it would serve their best interests. That perception was fed to them by disingenious people serving their own. Now when the "real world" is emerging from the discussion about what may or may not be actually achieved by Brexit and how some who voted out might be adversely affected is beginning to dawn on some of them they are beginning to question whether they did the right thing. I wouldn't say they are stupid or that deserve what they get. The people who are now in a state of fear and uncertainty about their future post-Brexit due to what is happening now are not to blame. I bet you Nigel, Boris, Fox etc aren't going to suffer much, if at all, if the post Brexit negotiations don't go well for us and that's what gets my goat.

Veronica

Who are these people who are beginning to question what they voted for ? Where are they ? ... I could accept the argument more if in reasonable numbers they could show us these people ... I'm sure that on the remain side some voted that way because they were scared the world was going to collapse as forecast , they too might have voted differently

Ooooh! And another one. http://uk.businessinsider.com/brexit-vote-regret-leave-margin-victory-2016-10

The stats are coming in thick and fast now! We havent even left yet or even said we are leaving. Imagine how much Bregret there will be when and if we do decide to leave and it really starts to go downhill.

Still no sign of the fat lady. :D

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2016-10-19 9:27 PM

Ooooh! And another one. http://uk.businessinsider.com/brexit-vote-regret-leave-margin-victory-2016-10

The stats are coming in thick and fast now! We havent even left yet or even said we are leaving. Imagine how much Bregret there will be when and if we do decide to leave and it really starts to go downhill.

Still no sign of the fat lady. :D

Blimey a poll from "British Election Study".......I can imagine who they asked ;-) ........

I wonder how long it'll be before we get a poll saying 110% percent regret voting to leave? :D .......

From their website (lol) .......

Data Playground

Welcome to the BES Data Playground. ****Create a graph, choose data and variables*** see the raw data in a table beneath each graph. Please credit the British Election Study in any uses of these data.

The British Election Study is not responsible for any analysis or any uses of data playground analysis. All data in the data playground are weighted for a general population of the UK. Scotland, Wales and England specific weights are not applied. For more complex or detailed analysis than possible in the playground, please download the data from the Data Download section of this page. Note: data are not yet corrected for underestimation of the 2015 Conservative lead in the 2015 panel data.

Just goes to show how desperate the remainers are to subvert democracy >:-) .......

Well done Barry :D .....

Well UK Businessinsider a respectable impartial source of political and financial resource thought it was credible but you carry on burying your head in the sand and sticking your fingers in your ears if you like while going LA LA LA LA LA! but the data is trickling through that already EVEN before we have said we are leaving the EU that the tide of opinion is turning. (as predicted of course *-) )

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2016-10-19 10:12 PM

Well UK Businessinsider a respectable impartial source of political and financial resource thought it was credible but you carry on burying your head in the sand and sticking your fingers in your ears if you like while going LA LA LA LA LA! but the data is trickling through that already EVEN before we have said we are leaving the EU that the tide of opinion is turning. (as predicted of course *-) )

I dunno I might have a play in their "Data Playground" :D .........You never know with a tweek of the variables I might be able to produce a graph showing a Corbyn landslide at the next election ;-) ......

But thank you for confirming what I long thought about some of these so called polls B-) ........

pelmetman - 2016-10-19 8:47 PM

Colin Leake - 2016-10-19 7:02 PM

When I started this thread I thought it may generate a few comments but never anticipated the direction it would eventually take. Hope your all enjoying yourselves.

So do you think I'm more annoying in the flesh or on line? :D ........

Don't worry in a funny kind of way we quite like you, I think.

Archived