London

lazarus

Hi peeps , I have a friend coming from Canada on the 18th Dec,she is landing at Heathrow and sadly for me she wants a couple of nights doing the tourist bit in London, my least fave place in Britain,can anyone suggest a campsite or wild camping spot for a couple of nights thanks

Might be cheaper and easier to book a travel lodge/premier inn, and use public transport! Don't forget with Xmas London will be very busy!

Don't envy you! Big cities not my thing these days I find crowds just too much.

PJay

Don't know where you live, but may be better to do day trips ?

If your van is not LEZ compliant, you will have to use a site outside the M25 and travel in by public transport,which will take at least an hour. There are a couple of sites if you are allowed into London, Crystal Palace is probably closest to the centre.

My advice would be to travel by car and book accommodation through Airbnb.

AGD

We regularly use both Crystal Palace and Abbey Wood CC sites, but for at least 10 dyas or more, and the travel in from either is probably the best part of 45-60 mins.

I would not do it for a couple of nights, and agree with the earlier comments to find a Travelodge or similar more into the centre of London, where you can easily get onto tube or buses, and indeed you may find by the use of the Oyster or Conctactless card, would will save considerable money on fares, and of course over that period CC sites are charged at a premium rate, wheras you may well get a good deal from a hotel...!

We regularly stay at the Lea Valley Site (the one close to the Cinema and Leisure Centre) W8 bus to Edmonton Green and train direct to Liverpool St or pick up tube at 7 sisters.

https://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/?gclid=CMbr68TLyNACFRMUGwodpvAAWA

There is a British Rail 2 for 1 offer on many important attractions and apparently the train journey from Edmonton Green counts for the discounts. We saved £17 going to the Tate

Thanks to all for info, have stayed at lea valley before, I have booked hotel in central London,however I would still like to take my van so we can tour on our way back upto the Wirral,any suggestions on where I could leave my van for four days preferably near Heathrow or would the answer be to actually park at the airport it's a swift kontiki, just going off piste a bit,I parked at FSS in Manchester when I went to Fuerteventura in January and they charged me for two spaces, I wouldn't have minded if it was busy but the place was almost empty !

Archived