CC Avtex Satnav

Colin Leake

I had a little play with one of these at a dealers a few days ago and I have to say I was quite impressed. A sensible size, very clear sharp screen, and easy to set up. I've just saved enough on my house insurance to buy one which in my mind is like getting it for nothing!

Before I do order one does anyone have any experience with one. Now that they've switched from snooper to Avtex/Garmin IT sould be a better bet, I think!

I would also be interested in anyone's observations. Have some experience of Garmin (Zumo 660) and am happy to continue to use same as it has by and large served me well. However, it is getting a bit long in the tooth to the point where 'Garmin' are not supporting this model, although it depends on who you get to speak to at Garmin as to whether this is accurate.

It may be considered (by some) a false economy to have a so called specific Sat Nav for the motorhome as they also seem to have their own inbuilt foibles.

So can someone offer their views of what are the pros and cons?

Many thanks.

Keith.

No problem - could I have done that before posting?

Alan

Keithl - 2016-12-26 10:40 PM

Alan,

With my powers as assistant mod I have just shortened your link to make the page width readable. Hope you don't mind.

Keith.

PS If you try 'Quote' ing your post you will see what I have changed.

AlanS - 2016-12-26 10:50 PM

Keith.

No problem - could I have done that before posting?

Alan

Yes,

Put your link in with square brackets [ ] and not { } as I have, as follows:

{url=http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Garmin-Camper-660LMT-D-Caravan-GPS-SATNAV/201752627221?_trksid=p2141725.c100338.m3726&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%2

6asc%3D20150313114020%26meid%3D5eb7ddd082214d5f96aaa19b6976013a%26pid%3D100338

%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D29%26sd%3D222302186863}Link to eBay{/url}

Keith.

Colin Leake - 2016-12-23 5:11 PM

I had a little play with one of these at a dealers a few days ago and I have to say I was quite impressed. A sensible size, very clear sharp screen, and easy to set up. I've just saved enough on my house insurance to buy one which in my mind is like getting it for nothing!

Before I do order one does anyone have any experience with one. Now that they've switched from snooper to Avtex/Garmin IT sould be a better bet, I think!

I had been having problems with my snooper which was about 6 years old. Support from them was abismal and life map updates (at a cost) but the machine had started to turn itself off and give errors everytime I drove "off road". So I have just upgraded to the Avtex/Garmin Sat Nav. As you say it is just the right size and is very clear. It is very easy to use and sites in the ACSI database are easily found. It is easy to enter co-ordinates too. We spend 3 weeks in France early and it didnot cause any issues and just did what it should. It's size is also just right for the car so is now a multiuse machine. I'm very pleased with it.

Archived