The Caravan and Motorhome Club (!)

veletron

Sounds like great news!

I'm looking forward to the Club joining in campaigns against height barriers, and throwing its weight behind attempts to persuade local authorities to provide Aires.

Oh, wait ... "this is the same Club you know and love." "We're upgrading our facilities across the entire site network." "Explore Britain's beauty using our UK sites network."

Maybe not then.

Still, I don't want to be churlish - credit to them at least for recognising motorhomers within their membership.

Keith, Grenville told me last year that the ratio of existing members was 3 caravanners to 1 motorhomer but for new members it was 3:2. Midweek on any site, which is where the CC needs to generate money, there are sometimes more motorhomers than caravans.

There is a small minority in the CC/CMC who think they should be consulted on every decision rather than have to bother to appoint people to run the club or turn up to support local groups. A bit of a generalisation I admit but the CC has a decision making process which seems to have been followed and people don't like the outcome.

When the CSMA was renamed 'Boundless' I don't recall all this fuss. Just, "Oh, whatever next". Now we know!

Will this mean properly designed, easy to use dump-points? If so hurrah!!

I am dismayed at the idiotic designs seen on many sites, the ones that require you to lie on the ground to reach under the 'van and struggle to remove a heavy metal lid in order to dump.

I am all for updating the image, provided it is not just the image, but the whole structure that changes (for the better).

Are they going to have sites, that are nearer to towns/villages, for access without a car? I very much doubt that anything will change!

Will they charge less for a MH, as it takes up less space? I don't think so. Probably will increase the cost of sites, which will then be blamed on MH by the caravanners.

Will not make me rejoin

PJay

Guest pelmetman

Will I be able to park the camper on the bit where tuggers put their cars so I can at last get what I've paid for? 8-) ..........

Nah it'll take decades for the jobsworths to be retrained :D .......

At least there won't be quite so much confusion on this Forum, by some, regarding CC and CCC (C&CC).

We'll now have CMC and CCC.

The new logo doesn't look very inspiring - designed by a committee I guess !!! It needs a wow factor which is sadly lacking.

spospe - 2017-02-21 4:10 PM

I am dismayed at the idiotic designs seen on many sites, the ones that require you to lie on the ground to reach under the 'van and struggle to remove a heavy metal lid in order to dump.

I am all for updating the image, provided it is not just the image, but the whole structure that changes (for the better).

I've always found their toilets pretty good. :-D

crocs - 2017-02-21 8:08 PM

spospe - 2017-02-21 4:10 PM

I've always found their toilets pretty good. :-D

Assuming we're talking about the waste water disposal systems, I agree totally. Even the basic French aire has a better waste water disposal system than any CC/CMC site disposal point that I've used. Bent grid covers, finger trapping aluminium handles and grid locations that even a small PVC has trouble lining up on, how quaint! Time for the CC to really live up to its new name. Perhaps somebody in the higher echelons of the CMC might even take this on as a project after travelling(at their own cost) across The Channel to see how it should be done. By the way I also agree that the toilets are "Club" class in most sites. (lol)

When we were "guests" of the Caravan club last year at the National, it was an absolutely huge event, very well arranged, and far eclipsing the CC&C National Festival of Lanterns which service wise we found to be a bit if a disappointment and smaller by some magnitude.

The CC event was well represented by Motorhomes - plus a great "classic" area" even the displays where motorhome orientated - there was a clear focus on M/H's, while the display's at the CC&C where disappointing, quite small and almost totally caravan focussed,

I suspect the CMC? have identified that M/H's are a growth area, not sure that the number of caravanners is growing in the UK? So they are catering to the M/H part of the business.

Both the Caravan Club and CC&C are very large special interest businesses that don't get general recognition, - Turn over approaching £80 million each and each has to adapt with the times.

starvin marvin - 2017-02-22 12:24 PM

Just as it happens, I've been invited to a CC focus group meeting (this was before the announcement of the name change). As I share many of your concerns, if the opportunity arises I will bring the up the issues/gripes you have raised.

P.S. Mrs Bop and I have only visited 4 CC/CMC sites since we started motorhoming a few months ago and my initial impression is that the club needs to spend a few £'s on their sites in terms of ground levelling etc.

Good luck with the FG,

Andrew

Bop - 2017-02-22 1:35 PM

We have just received our new CMC windscreen stickers today so it must be true.

Received ours today, envelope with old logo, letter with new and two GROSS looking stickers which are not going anywhere near our MH!

Why couldn't they at least come up with a decent logo?

Keith.

Keithl - 2017-02-22 4:27 PM

Received ours today, envelope with old logo, letter with new and two GROSS looking stickers which are not going anywhere near our MH!

Keith.

Why Keith?..do you think it'd clash with the cool OE graphics and generally ruin the sleek aesthetic of an '04 Auto-trail Cheyenne ? (lol)

Jeeez people!...you whinged when they only had "caravan" in their title..and now you're still whinging about this change ...

Have you ever thought that some of you may have a bit too much time on your hands? (lol) ;-)

Archived