Crit'Air sticker not arrived

pagey

Brian Kirby - 2017-03-16 6:18 PM

, I'd quite like to stick these to something that can be removed from the screen (yes, I know they are carefully designed to prevent removal and possible transfer between vehicles, but I'm only visiting, and getting a replacement is an unwelcome faff!).

Yes me to, But I believe it's a offence if their not actually applied as intended and I'd not want to fall foul of the Polizei over 6€. I keep mine in a envelope and attach it when needed am on 2nd German one now due to windscreen replacement

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
spospe - 2017-03-19 5:38 PM................I know that countries such as Austria and Switzerland require that you have their motorway vignettes even if you do not intend to use their motorways, should you be forced onto them as a result of congestion or accident. .............

Are you sure of this, Michael? If heading for Italy we normally use a non-autobahn/expressway route via the Reschen pass (via Landeck town to avoid the Landsdecker tunnel, which is part of the A12), and have never had/needed a maut. We once went for the old Brenner road, which turned out to have been closed by a landslide, and got diverted onto the A12 Brenner autobahn (at, I think, junction 19, just above Muhlbachl). I queried whether we needed to pay at the toll booth, and was told no, because the Brenner road had been closed the autobahn was free for diverted traffic. We just pulled off onto the SS12 at the Italian border.

The main point about both Austria and Switzerland is that there are a number of non-motorway roads that are tolled but, if these are avoided (not always easy, the signs tend to direct to motorways, but the sat-nav knows!) there is no need for the maut/vignette (unless over 3.5 tonnes in Switzerland?).

Hoping I'm not hijacking this thread - but for those of you who have completed the application form, a little help please.

Using the English version of the form entitled "Vehicule informations" what did you put in the following sections:

Serial number - is this the V5 log book number?

Brand - in my case would this be Fiat?

Trade name - and again for me, would this be Auto Trail?

Perhaps I'm being a bit thick here, so any comment would help (Not on me being thick - I've already got an expert in the house telling me that daily!)

Hoping I'm not hijacking this thread - but for those of you who have completed the application form, a little help please.

Using the English version of the form entitled "Vehicule informations" what did you put in the following sections:

Serial number - is this the V5 log book number?

Brand - in my case would this be Fiat?

Trade name - and again for me, would this be Auto Trail?

Perhaps I'm being a bit thick here, so any comment would help (Not on me being thick - I've already got an expert in the house telling me that daily!)

Sorry about the double entry - I am thick!!

Brian Kirby - 2017-03-20 1:08 PM

spospe - 2017-03-19 5:38 PM................I know that countries such as Austria and Switzerland require that you have their motorway vignettes even if you do not intend to use their motorways, should you be forced onto them as a result of congestion or accident. .............

Are you sure of this, Michael?

Brian

I am quoting in good faith what I have been told by a normally reliable source (Caravan Club) and that is that a vignette is required when using a qualifying road, no matter how you come to be using it. I know it seems unfair to expect a traveller to pay when they have been forced onto the road, but that is what has been explained to me.

Michael

spospe - 2017-03-20 3:22 PM

Brian

I am quoting in good faith what I have been told by a normally reliable source (Caravan Club) and that is that a vignette is required when using a qualifying road, no matter how you come to be using it. I know it seems unfair to expect a traveller to pay when they have been forced onto the road, but that is what has been explained to me.

Michael

The Austrian regulations read

"2.3.2.1 Urgent traffic restrictions

In the event of an urgent traffic restriction within the meaning of section 44b(1) of the Road Traffic Act (StVO), BGBl. No. 159/1960 on a non-trunk road network, vehicles that are directed by officers of the road inspection authorities, road maintenance units, fire brigade, public breakdown service, or waste disposal companies to use sections of a motorway or expressway as part of the diversion route are not obliged to carry a toll sticker on the motorway or expressway. Vehicles without a valid toll sticker must leave the motorway or expressway at the next possible exit." A link to the regulations can be found on their website.

http://www.asfinag.at/toll/toll-sticker

Veronica

Violet1956 - 2017-03-20 3:34 PM

spospe - 2017-03-20 3:22 PM

Brian

Michael

The Austrian regulations read

"2.3.2.1 Urgent traffic restrictions

In the event of an urgent traffic restriction within the meaning of section 44b(1) of the Road Traffic Act (StVO), BGBl. No. 159/1960 on a non-trunk road network, vehicles that are directed by officers of the road inspection authorities, road maintenance units, fire brigade, public breakdown service, or waste disposal companies to use sections of a motorway or expressway as part of the diversion route are not obliged to carry a toll sticker on the motorway or expressway. Vehicles without a valid toll sticker must leave the motorway or expressway at the next possible exit." A link to the regulations can be found on their website.

http://www.asfinag.at/toll/toll-sticker

Veronica

Post script. We were in Austria last week and I was trying to persuade the OH to buy one even though we did not intend to travel on the motorways because of my poor navigation skills. Ever the skinflint he decided the threat of having to pay a fine if we joined one due to my mistake should mean that I would make a bigger effort. :$

On the assumption that there are more towns and cities in France jumping on the bandwagon, and when we go to France in May/June its unlikely we will know in advance where we are going or whether the town has by then gone onto the system, we may we advised to get the disc.

Is it going to be one disc for the whole for France, though or will each town /area (?) have its own!! Do they have an expiry date, issued for a tear or Jan - December or what??

The rate of successful application to completion and delivery doesn't seem to be very high on this forum!??

Keith T - 2017-03-20 5:06 PM

Is it going to be one disc for the whole for France, though or will each town /area (?) have its own!! Do they have an expiry date, issued for a tear or Jan - December or what??

One sticker for all France. Lasts for the life of the vehicle.

See: https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/ for quite a good explanation of the system.

Crit'Air: The Air Quality Certificate, an act of good citizenship to promote cleaner vehicles.

I read the above published information as a 'polite & persuasive' message only, that means nothing other than a request.

Yet everyone appears to be rushing to join in with offers of cash. WHY ?

Will86 - 2017-03-20 6:37 PM

...Yet everyone appears to be rushing to join in with offers of cash. WHY ?

1: it gives UK motorcaravanners something (else) to talk/moan about on forums.

2: Obtaining the certificate presents an amusing intellectual challenge.

3: The cost is small.

If obtaining a certificate were to cost, say, €30, it’s certain that few UK motorcaravanners would be applying for one on a ‘just in case we go to Paris, Lyon or Grenoble’ basis, or in the expectation that other French cities might suddenly introduce anti-pollution measures based on the same ’sticker’ system.

Ordered mine last Friday, I'll stick it to my unused tablet screen saver first then to the windscreen so it will look like its stuck directly to the screen but removable if the windscreen goes. The screen saver will need trimming down of course.

I ordered mine the beginning of february and monies taken from account on 11th feb. Had email

confirming receipt but have not received sticker, now sent 3 emails to them without reply also tried

phoning but line goes dead.Anybody else in same boat

Mickt - 2017-03-29 6:07 PM

I ordered mine the beginning of feb and monies taken from account on 11th feb. Had email

confirming receipt but have not received sticker, now sent 3 emails to them without reply also tried

phoning but line goes dead.Anybody else in same boat

Yes applied on the 2nd Feb waited till March and 5 E Mails No reply. Tel Number is and has been out of order for all that time and just tried it again.

Know the number off by heart. 0033 820 147 700.

Eventually got a short e mail saying no record of application or payment. Told to re apply.

Did so and this time got a E Mail with copy of the sticker but still no sticker?

Contacted my bank and there repaid the fee straight away.

French system. If in doubt ignore you.

Just checked my order no on the track application page and while I have a e mail conformation the site claims now that it still has a "Incorrect registration number" even though the receipt clearly sates the correct one.

?

Has anyone else called the help line. I find it been out of order from the beginning but the last reply sates. :-

They lie!

Bonjour,

Nous vous confirmons que nous n'avons pas de ligne téléphonique autre que le 0820 147 700.

Nous vous invitons à nous faire part de votre demande par retour de ce mail à l'adresse contact@certificat-air.gouv.fr

Cordialement,

Service de délivrance des Certificats Qualité de l’Air

Nous contacter

contact@certificat-air.gouv.fr

I have just been onto my bank and cancelled payment for sticker, so far i ordered it begin of february , money taken from bank, nothing arrived . When checking the web site it says in production, cannot get onto them via telephone and they do not answere emails

Archived