Crit'Air sticker not arrived

pagey

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lancepar - 2017-04-01 10:32 AM

Did anyone else notice there was no 'Angleterre' on the French form drop down country menu?

Or was it just me? :-D

B-)

Yes that happened to me, I was furious, firstly I had a right job getting a jpg file small enough for the French government's (dial up?) Connection. Then right at the end no bloody UK, or GB in the drop down.

OH went through it all again and it was there.

Applied 2 Feb, and received an immediate e-mail acknowledgement.

Money taken 7 Feb.

Official invoice, with copy of certificate, received 2 March by e-mail.

Certificate received by post 16 March.

This is a new scheme in France, and there will have been an initial surge in applications. Some delay until that surge worked through was to be expected. I would assume that once the initial surge has subsided and the number of applicants drops to whatever normal may be, the responses will speed up.

I suggest anyone proposing to traverse Grenoble checks on the requirements for that city, as they are expected to vary at short notice according to weather conditions. Local information will be required, as it presently seems residents and regular visitors are expected to consult conditions on the internet to keep abreast of circumstances. Personally, I can't see this surviving for long in its present form: far too complicated!

I haven't checked the requirement for Paris or Lyon, but it would be wise to do so if intending to cross either, or take the A86 (peripherique) around Paris, or the A6 through Lyon.

Finally got a reply to my emails today, all it said the certifcate is in production but did quote another

telephone number to call 0800 97 00 33. This is not bad as i only requested beginning of february.

Just had this from France re my application. Only taken 3 months.

Hello,

Our number is not available from abroad please communicate by mail.

Regards,

Air Quality Certificate Service

Contact us

Contact@certificat-air.gouv.fr

Herdwick Willy - 2017-04-07 5:28 PM

They have asked for a EURO rateing found at V9, I don't have a category V9. What happens now. Any way round this.

Make one up, I did, and they changed it to what I think is the correct one. My disc arrived in a week, they must be improving.

I applied for my certificate in early Feb and received my email on 2nd March then nothing. I emailed them and eventually I received a reply saying that my certificate had been dispatched on 10th March. I assumed that it had got lost in the post and asked if they'd send another certificate. I got a reply yesterday saying that the certificate hadn't been returned to them and I could either reapply or wait for the certificate to arrive. I reapplied. Much to my amazement the certificate arrived today almost a month after it had allegedly been dispatched. It was in an envelope that had no postage or franking on it at all.

Much excitement here. Ours arrived yesterday after a looong time

Follow le instruction, with the aid of my very poor French. Eh voila! All fitted.

Hope we don't have to have a new windscreen fitted, as ...it don't come out..

We know , as we lost our Umwelt sticker after a large brick came through our windscreen on the glorious M 25!

All has to be replaced. Unfortunately but not very expensive

pagey - 2017-04-26 6:44 PM

hi john we are english we do what we are told i am off to spain next tuesday i will look out for your sticker on my way down then there will be 2 yellow stickers (lol) (lol)

I'm getting one also 8-) . Mind you, I lived 5 years in Essex, so maybe rubbed off!

Brian Kirby - 2017-03-16 6:18 PM

Got mine this morning.

It is designed to shred if removed, same as the German umlautplackette. Having had two replacement windscreens to date on our present van (so now needing my third German "sticker"), I'd quite like to stick these to something that can be removed from the screen (yes, I know they are carefully designed to prevent removal and possible transfer between vehicles, but I'm only visiting, and getting a replacement is an unwelcome faff!).

One used to be able to get a simple, transparent, circular, clear plastic tax disc holder that merely relied on the adhesion of the plastic to the screen, and so was peelable. Had a prowl around Halfords this PM and (inevitably, in the absence of tax discs), couldn't find anything of the kind. Anyone got any ideas?

Doesn't want to be something that relies on glue, as it will probably not peel. Then, stick the low emissions sticker/s to the peelable plastic, allowing it/them to be transferred onto a new screen if/when necessary.

Apologies for talking to myself in public, but from some of the posts above this may be useful. I think I have found a workaround to the replacement windscreen problem.

I bought, off a web supplier (there were several selling similar), a piece of transparent PVC, sold as a camping tablecloth. The cost was about half that of the Crit'Air sticker.

This is a similar material to than used for tax disc holders (the ones described above, that were merely a disc of clear PVC that you planted your tax disc centrally within, and then pressed onto the windscreen) though somewhat thicker. The natural tackiness of the PVC was sufficient to hold it in place, and the same is true of the tablecloth materiel.

I stuck the Crit'Air sticker onto the PVC, then cut carefully round it so that no PVC extended beyond the sticker, and then pressed the PVC onto the windscreen with a soft cloth so that all air bubbles were removed. This was done about a week after the sticker arrived, and it is still there nearly four weeks later, shows no sign of coming away, and is perfectly legible from outside.

I also have enough of the PVC left to cope with about 50 more stickers! Time will tell if the sticker glue causes the PVC to shrink or become brittle but, failing that, I think it will be possible to simply peel off the sticker with the PVC, clean up the PVC, and transfer both to the new windscreen if/when the time comes. Replacement Umweltplackette next!

Archived