VE DAY

Violet1956

RogerC - 2017-05-12 2:01 PM
John52 - 2017-05-12 8:47 AMIf we had gone to war with Russia as Churchill wanted, we would have been facing the weapons we took them on the Arctic Convoys. So the Merchant seamen who had the worst job of the war were denied medals and ignored in Churchill's VE Day speech. :-( Like those in Bomber Command - their carrying out Churchill's drunken orders had become an embarrassment to him, so he ignored them.But we should remember them as well on VE Day.

You really can't resist the outpouring of bile can you?

Had it not been for Churchill we would all be Germans today so yet again you chose to unnecessarily attack those who served.

In commenting that Bomber Command carried out Churchill's 'drunken orders' you also insult those who were in the positions of implementing government policy....the Group Captains, Air Commodores etc etc who were men of integrity and intelligence.  To simply state Churchill issued 'drunken orders' and everyone jumped to obey is simply a sick untrue thing to say and insults everyone concerned.

You really are one bitter and twisted individual.
So who didn't obey Churchill's drunken orders?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RogerC - 2017-05-12 4:13 PM
John52 - 2017-05-12 3:54 PMIts a fair point that Britain's role in WW2 has been greatly exaggerated.

Why are you constantly doing this country down??????
Just trying to set the record straight and remember those Churchill ignored. If there was one person who helped the war effort more than any other I would suggest Alan Turing. Certainly not Churchill. You and the Establishment Tory media just give Churchill the credit for winning WW2 like they gave Thatcher the credit for the Falklands. *-) Since you ignored my question who ignored Churchill's drunken orders, does that mean none of them?

John52 - 2017-05-12 10:13 PM
RogerC - 2017-05-12 4:13 PM
John52 - 2017-05-12 3:54 PMIts a fair point that Britain's role in WW2 has been greatly exaggerated.

Why are you constantly doing this country down??????
Just trying to set the record straight and remember those Churchill ignored. If there was one person who helped the war effort more than any other I would suggest Alan Turing. Certainly not Churchill. You and the Establishment Tory media just give Churchill the credit for winning WW2 like they gave Thatcher the credit for the Falklands. *-) Since you ignored my question who ignored Churchill's drunken orders, does that mean none of them?

Decision time.......bottom line John.  I've decided you are a complete basket case and no longer worth my time.

Charles - 2017-05-13 8:30 PMI agree Roger, I don't think he's trolling, but actually believes what he says.

Thank you Charles.....I'm only sorry it has taken me so long to realise one can't reason with or begin to understand anyone who either has such an unbelievably active mindset driven to decry most everything others hold dear.......is that obsession?  maybe it is.....or is it simply that John is a nauseating scheming troll.....and a demented one at that.

Either way without selecting any one group or service because to do so would be to do a disservice to 'all' who gave of themselves:
https://soulconnectionblog.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/img_8495-1.jpg
...and for John.....'Judge not, that ye be not judged'
or as my lovely Mother in Law would say.....
"If you have nowt nice to say.....say nowt"!!!!!  
Should you ever realise that is possible it might be interesting to debate with you again....however until then....

RogerC - 2017-05-13 4:42 PM

Decision time.......bottom line John.  I've decided you are a complete basket case and no longer worth my time.

Which translates as more ad hominem because you've lost the argument. :-S

RogerC - 2017-05-13 9:21 PM
Charles - 2017-05-13 8:30 PMI agree Roger, I don't think he's trolling, but actually believes what he says.

Thank you Charles.....I'm only sorry it has taken me so long to realise one can't reason with or begin to understand anyone who either has such an unbelievably active mindset driven to decry most everything others hold dear.......is that obsession?  maybe it is.....or is it simply that John is a nauseating scheming troll.....and a demented one at that.

Either way without selecting any one group or service because to do so would be to do a disservice to 'all' who gave of themselves:
https://soulconnectionblog.files.wordpress.com/2016/04/img_8495-1.jpg
...and for John.....'Judge not, that ye be not judged'
or as my lovely Mother in Law would say.....
"If you have nowt nice to say.....say nowt"!!!!!  
Should you ever realise that is possible it might be interesting to debate with you again....however until then....
They say the best propogana is when you don't see its there. Like in that image you posted. They could have just said lets remember those who died. Which would be good. But they have to add a bit of propoganda to justify the war - saying they gave their lives so we could live ours. Which encourages more wars. Anyone who questions this will be shouted down as disrespecting those who died. When nothing could bed further from the truth. Those who don't want to send our lads to war probably respect them the most :-S

UOTE]John52 - 2017-05-14 8:59 AM

RogerC - 2017-05-13 4:42 PMDecision time.......bottom line John.  I've decided you are a complete basket case and no longer worth my time.
Which translates as more ad hominem because you've lost the argument. :-S

No John .....you are reading into things again.  There is no alternative or hidden meaning to my comment....there is no translation required as I said what I meant.....
"I've decided you are a complete basket case and no longer worth my time".  Your inability to comprehend, read and understand the simplest of comments simply reinforces my comment and decision on your mental state.

Maybe imagery will get the message across:
It is my opinion that.....https://wakeupidiots.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/idiot1.gif

John52 - 2017-05-12 3:54 PM

Its a fair point that Britain's role in WW2 has been greatly exaggerated.

They certainly didn't teach me that line on the RMA Sandhurst War Studies course. I now feel short changed John.

Guest pelmetman
Bop - 2017-05-14 5:54 PM

John52 - 2017-05-12 3:54 PM

Its a fair point that Britain's role in WW2 has been greatly exaggerated.

They certainly didn't teach me that line on the RMA Sandhurst War Studies course. I now feel short changed John.

Didn't you know? 8-) .........Its the suffragettes wot won it :D ........

John52 - 2017-05-15 11:20 AM

If I went to Her Majesty's Royal Military Academy I wiould expect to get her version *-)

Do me a favour John and make sure that you leave your brain to medical science.

Bop - 2017-05-15 11:46 AM
John52 - 2017-05-15 11:20 AMIf I went to Her Majesty's Royal Military Academy I wiould expect to get her version *-)
Do me a favour John and make sure that you leave your brain to medical science.

Assuming they can find anything ......
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/758974077033779200/irOgW-sC.jpg

What ever anyone's view of John52 is (and I certainly haven't always agreed with him, especially on topics up in Motorhome Matters),the one thing you have to say in his favour, is that he is rarely personally insulting..

People may well find his views or his take on history, totally contrary to theirs and therefore feel insulted by that..but that is a different thing.

Constantly posting insulting Gifs ("...crawl back into the hole you came out of..."..beneath contempt.."..bugger off.."...you're an idiot.." and the " Empty"(xray) in this thread alone) doesn't do anyone any favours..

Not forgetting the Gif that was posted in response to him elsewhere- ( "..if you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.."- showing an image of a soldier aiming a rifle! :-S

pepe63 - 2017-05-15 6:12 PM

What ever anyone's view of John52 is (and I certainly haven't always agreed with him, especially on topics up in Motorhome Matters),the one thing you have to say in his favour, is that he is rarely personally insulting..

People may well find his views or his take on history, totally contrary to theirs and therefore feel insulted by that..but that is a different thing.

Constantly posting insulting Gifs ("...crawl back into the hole you came out of..."..beneath contempt.."..bugger off.."...you're an idiot.." and the " Empty"(xray) in this thread alone) doesn't do anyone any favours..

Not forgetting the Gif that was posted in response to him elsewhere- ( "..if you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.."- showing an image of a soldier aiming a rifle! :-S

Spot on Pepe. I don't always agree with John's take on things but I don't hold him out to be someone who's views are not worthy of consideration even if I reject them.

Veronica

John 52

We should try to avoid responding to any of his postings. He obviously needs psychiatric help because he has no real grasp of reason or reality.

We would do him and ourselves a favour if we simply withdraw from any posting that he tries to hijack. Do not respond at all, it might be fun to see how he might react if no-one feeds him opportunities, and he is forced to argue with himself.

AGD

Guest pelmetman
pepe63 - 2017-05-15 6:12 PM

What's the problem?.......If you stick your head above the parapet then expect to be shot at ;-) .........

I've never noticed you having a problem taking a pop at me >:-) ........

Just because John52 is the O&L Jeremy Corbyn.......does that mean he deserves special treatment ?.....

pepe63 - 2017-05-15 6:12 PMWhat ever anyone's view of John52 is (and I certainly haven't always agreed with him, especially on topics up in Motorhome Matters),the one thing you have to say in his favour, is that he is rarely personally insulting..People may well find his views or his take on history, totally contrary to theirs and therefore feel insulted by that..but that is a different thing.Constantly posting insulting Gifs ("...crawl back into the hole you came out of..."..beneath contempt.."..bugger off.."...you're an idiot.." and the " Empty"(xray) in this thread alone) doesn't do anyone any favours..Not forgetting the Gif that was posted in response to him elsewhere- ( "..if you can't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.."- showing an image of a soldier aiming a rifle! :-S

As the one who has posted the most Gif's in relation to John I plead guilty to 'OCCASIONAL' not  Constantly....there is a real difference in terminology and meaning.  So yes I have posted Gif's when word's have failed me in response to his insane off topic/irrelevant/extremely tenuous/knock Royalty, Military hierarchy etc etc responses and hijacking OP topics to his own warped ends.  I don't recall telling him to bugger off so unless there is evidence to that one I can't accept responsibility.

The problem is his responses invariably contain irrelevant slagging off of the 'establishment'.....where did the need to slag off Churchill come from?  Where did the need to denigrate the UK contribution to the world wars come from?  Where is the relevance of the Duke of Westminster to anything on this thread?   Need I continue?  The man is, in my opinion, in all likelihood certifiably insane.  So with that in mind I suppose I really should not respond the way I do.  However when there are so many denigrating comments made, irrespective of the OP intent, towards those things most all 'right thinking' people hold dear it does become somewhat more than tiresome ergo I hit back.

There have been times when he has been 'lucid' and I have agreed with him but that is a rare occurrence more is the pity.

I am inclined to agree with Archiesgrandad and really must try to ignore his insane comments.....clearly (IMO) he is bitter, twisted and clearly has a seriously disturbed, distorted view of reality.

Lastly as Pelmetman said............"stick your head above the parapet....."  and with John's responses I expect he relishes the opportunity to use his beloved phrase....."Ad hominem"........and if you disagree with that, if you feel John is being picked on then please feel free to......
https://p.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/render/coaster-square/w-110/c-fff/keep-calm-and-cuddle-a-nutter.png?v2

RogerC - 2017-05-15 9:13 PM

...where did the need to slag off Churchill come from?  

Well you could find that out from reading the thread. But I'll try and make it simpler for you.

The thread is about remembering those who served. I think we should remember those who had the worst job of the war on the arctic convoys for example, but Churchill ignored in his VE day speech and who were denied medals. Unless you haver another explanation I can only guess this was because their carrying out Churchills (drunken) orders had become an embarrasement to him, as by that time he wanted to declare war on the country they had been taking our weapons and supplies to :-(

But that is not their fault - they gave everything in the belief of the wartime propoganda that they were helping 'Good Old Uncle Joe' *-)

pelmetman - 2017-05-15 7:45 PM..............................Just because John52 is the O&L Jeremy Corbyn.......does that mean he deserves special treatment ?.....

No, it just means his views deserves to be taken seriously, and argued with rationally, rather than him being personally attacked for his views. Disagree with him by all means - I too find some of his views rather extreme - but don't call someone an idiot just because they have views you don't agree with.

Most of the argument is about history. So, if you know his version is wrong, show him where and how he is wrong, by quoting the "correct" version. That way we may all learn something. All history is part politics (not party politics) because, as is famously said, history is invariably written by the victor. There is always more than one version of historic "truth", but some never learn that, and cannot cope when the version they learnt is thrown into question. They then tend to be come irate, and shout, or call the other person a fool. I know this: my father was a past master at exploding at anyone who questioned "his" version!

Archived