Tyre inflators

Wirralian

Can anyone recommend a good heavy duty tyre inflator for my Transit. I normally inflate 59 psi for the front and 65 rear.

There are so many tyre inflators advertised on line, but which to choose? I sent one back last week because it just did not look up to the job. I now have a 'Naviskauto', capable of 100psi and looks more robustly made with a detachable gauge (which what drew me to it). But it fails to do what it says in the instructions. (Also, annoyingly, it does not have a LED indicator on the jack plug to show that the power is on).

John L

And if for inflation at home then I use a 230 volt mains compressor and tyre inflator. OK it costs more than a 12 volt but mine can easily handle 60 psi or more.

Look out for an offer at the likes of Machine Mart, Screwfix or even Aldi or Lidl!

Keith.

Hello Wirralian. There have been numerous posts on this topic over the years. I have a Ring RAC900 which I bought about 5 years ago and use it almost every month. It runs off the leisure battery which is not the easiest to access. Copes with the 80psi rear without a problem. It's not the best for quality but it was on offer when I bought it.

Many thanks for your responses and the links provided by Derek. I think that I am leaning towards the Ring RAC900. A bit more than I wanted to pay but after rejecting two much cheaper inflators in the last ten days its probably a case of getting what you pay for.

John L

Archived