Rapido A class mirror adjustment

davidmac

Hi the drivers side wing mirror on my Rapido is fully out on the glass adjustment but half of the mirror view is taken by the motorhome side which means that on on a two lane carriageway I can see less than half of the adjacent lane .I need to turn the whole mirror but can find no way to do this .Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards David

I have a LHD German A Class to UK spec. The mirrors are motor driven but the adjustment is limited. However, the mirror housing can be rotated horizontally by removing the mirror and slackening a couple of clamps. The clamps are connected to a vertical tube. This I did to get the ideal field of vision (with the motor-drive at the midway point).

Maybe, the OP's mirrors have a different angle of vision either side and they just need to be swapped around.

PS. I haven't noticed any difference in the convex radius of my mirrors. Both seem to give the same field of vision.

Hi I found out how to fix the problem. Above and behind the top of the the glass are two small screws, these hold the plastic cover on. Remove them and the cover comes off. A 6mm hex screw holds the mirror to the arm, slacken this off and the mirror body can rotate to where you need it. Its only a small gap so not a lot of light in there but once I saw the small screw heads it was quite easy.

Regards David

Archived