Worrying prison trend

antony1969

antony1969 - 2017-09-18 5:46 PM

Violet1956 - 2017-09-18 5:31 PM

antony1969 - 2017-09-18 5:13 PM

Violet1956 - 2017-09-18 3:46 PM

antony1969 - 2017-09-17 5:16 PM

Gosh looks like one of those arrested over our latest terror bombing originally came to his new welcoming homeland as a 15 year old Iraqi refugee ... 3 years later he's bombing us ... Those other children shipped in from Calais because of the wets hopefully won't repay our generosity with murder ... Ah well

It’s not the wets Antony, it is our obligations under international treaties, some of which have been in place for decades, that dictate whether we are obliged to let certain categories of “refugee” come to or remain in the UK. If you want the UK to withdraw from those treaties then fair enough; lobby your MP, seek a change in the law as it currently stands.

I know that if my roof leaks then there is a real danger of damage being caused to my house due to water ingress but that doesn’t translate into all things "wet" being responsible for every problem that we in the UK currently face.

Veronica

My point wasn't wether we have a legal obligation or not Veronica ... Plenty of countries have legal obligations for many things but seem to be able to suit themselves ... My point was the wets called for many more child refugees to come to this country and the likes of Gary Lineker amongst others called folk racist for not wanting or questioning the age of some of those child refugees ... Time for a POTUS Trump style ban for me ... The Muslim world as has been shown countless times does not mix with the free world , from terrorism to child sex gangs , high criminality the Muslim world isn't anything to do with peace ... By the way wets aren't behind everything wrong in this country just most stuff

I believe that we in the UK can hold our heads high Antony. If we make a promise we keep it. If there are reasons to renege on any promise/treaty then I am confident we will justify it by lawful means. I don't share your admiration for Trump. In particular there is more than a sniff that his tweets show we can no longer share intelligence with the US.He may have broad appeal but the guy doesn't have the necessary qualities to be an effective leader of one of the most powerful countries in the free world.

I hope you enjoyed a dry day today. It was relatively rain free in the home counties. :-)

Veronica

Stayed dry for me while stripping out a lead valley thankfully ... The house owner will find out next time it rains that its missing ! ... Regarding POTUS Trump unbelievably we had folk saying he'd be impeached more or less as soon as he was crowned leader of the free world ... The USA is basking in all his glory , confidence is growing ... He's going to be a great leader and I sincerely wish we had someone like him ... Its a beautiful thing Veronica ... Embrace him and everything else just falls into place ... Long Live The King xx

“In keeping with the new spirit of America, I removed all the Jews, Arabs, Africans and immigrants from my nativity scene. Nothing left but sheep led by a jackass”.

From the “Jon Stewart Fan” Facebook page.

(lol)

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Violet1956 - 2017-09-19 9:48 AM

Gosh looks like one of those arrested over our latest terror bombing originally came to his new welcoming homeland as a 15 year old Iraqi refugee ... 3 years later he's bombing us ... Those other children shipped in from Calais because of the wets hopefully won't repay our generosity with murder ... Ah well

It’s not the wets Antony, it is our obligations under international treaties, some of which have been in place for decades, that dictate whether we are obliged to let certain categories of “refugee” come to or remain in the UK. If you want the UK to withdraw from those treaties then fair enough; lobby your MP, seek a change in the law as it currently stands.

I know that if my roof leaks then there is a real danger of damage being caused to my house due to water ingress but that doesn’t translate into all things "wet" being responsible for every problem that we in the UK currently face.

Veronica

My point wasn't wether we have a legal obligation or not Veronica ... Plenty of countries have legal obligations for many things but seem to be able to suit themselves ... My point was the wets called for many more child refugees to come to this country and the likes of Gary Lineker amongst others called folk racist for not wanting or questioning the age of some of those child refugees ... Time for a POTUS Trump style ban for me ... The Muslim world as has been shown countless times does not mix with the free world , from terrorism to child sex gangs , high criminality the Muslim world isn't anything to do with peace ... By the way wets aren't behind everything wrong in this country just most stuff

I believe that we in the UK can hold our heads high Antony. If we make a promise we keep it. If there are reasons to renege on any promise/treaty then I am confident we will justify it by lawful means. I don't share your admiration for Trump. In particular there is more than a sniff that his tweets show we can no longer share intelligence with the US.He may have broad appeal but the guy doesn't have the necessary qualities to be an effective leader of one of the most powerful countries in the free world.

I hope you enjoyed a dry day today. It was relatively rain free in the home counties. :-)

Veronica

Stayed dry for me while stripping out a lead valley thankfully ... The house owner will find out next time it rains that its missing ! ... Regarding POTUS Trump unbelievably we had folk saying he'd be impeached more or less as soon as he was crowned leader of the free world ... The USA is basking in all his glory , confidence is growing ... He's going to be a great leader and I sincerely wish we had someone like him ... Its a beautiful thing Veronica ... Embrace him and everything else just falls into place ... Long Live The King xx

“In keeping with the new spirit of America, I removed all the Jews, Arabs, Africans and immigrants from my nativity scene. Nothing left but sheep led by a jackass”.

(lol)

With that you have it Veronica ... A total fabrication and nothing like the truth but that and similar said that often it becomes fact for some ... Fact or fiction ? Sounds like the Brexit thread

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2017-09-19 9:48 AM

Veronica

Veronica

(lol)

As a atheist I think "Naivety Scene" would be a more accurate description ;-) ..........

But then again I'm also bemused by the "Black lives matter" campaign which appears to be targeted at us white folk......

Especially as they are more likely to be murdered by another black person? :-S .........

John52 - 2017-09-19 3:22 PM

pelmetman - 2017-09-19 11:11 AM

As a atheist

How do you know there isn't a God?

As far as I can see nobody knows whether there is, or there isn't.

So I'm an Agnostic.

Given we've discounted most Gods through the years as in Roman , Viking Gods and the likes it's fair to say the rest are a load of cobblers ... Probably we'll all be forced to believe in one God soon anyway the with how the world's going ... Submit to him , the one who likes young child brides

thebishbus - 2017-09-19 5:01 PM

I do not understand how any intelligent person can be religious in the 21st century .

Brian B.

Faith Brian.

Only the other day i watched a documentary about the evacuation at Dunkerque which, at the time, the RAF were heavily criticised over by those on the beaches questioning "where are our bloody fighter squadrons"? Unknown to them at the time they were already there, just not over the beaches....they were fighting further inland holding the Nazis back.

One of the Dunkerque veterans commented, "there were not many atheists on the beach that day".

Guest pelmetman

As a atheist

So I'm an Agnostic.

You mean you're a fence sitter ;-) .......As far as I'm concerned God is just Dog spelt backwards :D .......

Besides if there was a God.......You have to admit he's pretty sh*te at his job *-) .......

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-09-19 6:11 PM

One of the Dunkerque veterans commented, "there were not many atheists on the beach that day".

Hardly surprising *-) .......

We only made up 13% of the population in 2016, so prolly even less had seen the light back then >:-) ..........

Bulletguy - 2017-09-19 6:11 PM

Only the other day i watched a documentary about the evacuation at Dunkerque which, at the time, the RAF were heavily criticised over by those on the beaches questioning "where are our bloody fighter squadrons"? Unknown to them at the time they were already there, just not over the beaches....they were fighting further inland holding the Nazis back.

The RAF were at a huge disadvantage because they were fighting a long way from base and over enemy territory.

If we are honest we have to admit thats the same huge disadvantage that faced the Luftwaffe in the Battle of Britain.

antony1969 - 2017-09-19 3:47 PM

As a atheist

So I'm an Agnostic.

Given we've discounted most Gods through the years as in Roman , Viking Gods and the likes it's fair to say the rest are a load of cobblers ... Probably we'll all be forced to believe in one God soon anyway the with how the world's going ... Submit to him , the one who likes young child brides

Organized religion attracts all sorts of people from the very good to the very bad.

But you can keep an open mind, and pray to God anywhere without getting involved in organized religion.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-09-20 9:41 AM

As a atheist

So I'm an Agnostic.

Organized religion attracts all sorts of people from the very good to the very bad.

But you can keep an open mind, and pray to God anywhere without getting involved in organized religion.

Does god talk back to you? .........ie do you hear voices in your head? ;-) .........

pelmetman - 2017-09-20 10:15 AM

John52 - 2017-09-20 9:41 AM

As a atheist

So I'm an Agnostic.

Does god talk back to you? .........ie do you hear voices in your head? ;-) .........

Yes his God does talk ... Not much sense ... Specially at PMs Questions

Archived