elddis accordo 105 tank heaters

lizken

Can't speak for Elddis, but we have them fitted in our Autotrail 610SE PVC, as the water tanks are fitted externally underneath.

The heaters are 12v, and controlled from button swtiches in one of the lockers in the van. It was suggested to us to watch for two things, pretty obvious really, though - one, only switch them on when there is water in them, and secondly, as long as there is water in them, they will only operate anyway if the temp drops below about 5c I think.

Its just another of those things to remember to do, bit like switching off the solar panels when on EHU I guess....

pagey - 2017-10-29 6:01 PM

hi why would you switch off solar panels when on hook up?

Its a good question - the answer is that we were advised by the dealer that this is the process to be used. Any comments on this procedure ?? we're new to Solar panels!!

Thank s for that, but it confuses me more as the only switch O can find is on the main control panel for 'tank heaters so I cannot operate them all independantly.

I will have to contact the dealer as there is no mention of tank heaters in the manual

Ours is a 2014 model accordo 105 and there is no switch for tank heaters at all. I did notice a heater element in the top of the waste water tank though when I took it off. It's certainly a 12v element because the spade connectors are uninsulated and the wires are thick singles. As to what switches them I don't know maybe a clixon type bi-metallic strip.

The fresh water tank is on board so I doubt if it has a heater.

Guest pelmetman
Keith T - 2017-10-29 5:21 PM

Can't speak for Elddis, but we have them fitted in our Autotrail 610SE PVC, as the water tanks are fitted externally underneath.

The heaters are 12v, and controlled from button swtiches in one of the lockers in the van. It was suggested to us to watch for two things, pretty obvious really, though - one, only switch them on when there is water in them, and secondly, as long as there is water in them, they will only operate anyway if the temp drops below about 5c I think.

Its just another of those things to remember to do, bit like switching off the solar panels when on EHU I guess....

Why would one want to heat their grey water? :-S .......Have buckets not been discovered ? 8-) .......

Not that I'm polite enough to feel the need to use a bucket :D ........Currently with an open cock in Weymouth B-) .......

Charles - 2017-10-29 9:22 PM

Ours is a 2014 model accordo 105 and there is no switch for tank heaters at all. I did notice a heater element in the top of the waste water tank though when I took it off. It's certainly a 12v element because the spade connectors are uninsulated and the wires are thick singles. As to what switches them I don't know maybe a clixon type bi-metallic strip.

Charles,

That’s more likely the level sensor than a heater.

Keith

Keithl - 2017-10-30 9:25 AM

Charles - 2017-10-29 9:22 PM

Charles,

That’s more likely the level sensor than a heater.

Keith

No the sensor is separate and on really thin wires.

The heater is on 1.5 or 2.5mm single cables.

Archived