British workers WANTED!!

Bulletguy

Barryd999 - 2017-11-18 2:49 PM

John52 - 2017-11-18 2:22 PM

Barryd999 - 2017-11-18 2:06 PM

Veronica says, every country probably has its fair share of shirkers.

Veronica didn't say shirkers, she said not fit for work.

Sounds like the Daily Mail who labelled all those denied benefits as 'shirkers' - including those who died of their illnesses within a few days of being found 'fit for work'

Blimey! Compared with the Daily Mail! That's a first. Apologies to Veronica, I couldn't be bothered to go back as read or quote her post but I was just trying to re-enforce what she said. I have great sympathy with those who struggle to work for various reasons especially if it's I'll health either mental or physical but whatever the reasons there is still going to be a big void to fill if all the migrant workers leave and if decent, fit and competent Brits fill them then it will cost much more.

Antony has the right idea. Ship in loads of refugees and get them to do it, they will be delighted :D

Watched a programme the other week about a Syrian family. Both husband and wife work for the NHS. He's a Consultant Cardiologist and his wife, a Pediatrician. Imagine the scenario when one of the forum haters ends up blue lighted to hospital after suffering a cardiac arrest......and a Syrian cardiologist is waiting in theatre to save their wretched life? Wonder where their bile and hate will be then eh? ;-)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
antony1969 - 2017-11-18 2:54 PM

Bulletguy - 2017-11-18 2:35 PM

Barryd999 - 2017-11-18 11:31 AM

pelmetman - 2017-11-18 8:11 AM

Violet1956 - 2017-11-17 11:36 PM

Barryd999 - 2017-11-17 6:20 PM

Nobody else watch it then?

I Did, thought I Was watching "The Office" or something. Like a tragic comedy. It simply proved to me what we already knew. The level of Brits in the UK that are prepared to work for £7.50 per hour are about as useful as a three legged Tortoise but the calibre of Europeans that will is much higher.

The recruitment agency were pretty useless as well though to be fair. What I couldnt get my head around was the owner of the business who relied heavily on EU migrants actually voted out! At the end of the program as we are seeing more and more of course *-) she admitted she had made a mistake and would now vote remain.

So if the immigrants all go how are we going to lure people who are actually capable of doing these jobs? £15 an hour maybe? Fine but someones going to be footing the bill.

I watched it with the OH. What a depressing programme it was too. I had a look at what it costs to rent a room in Bognor. Seems one can be had for £400 a month. £7.50 a hour for a 40 hour week would be enough for a single person. I doubt it would be enough for a young family needing a home of their own if only one parent was able to work. Childcare everywhere in this country is so expensive. Mind you those drifters who came in for free beer and wine (how stupid was that exercise?) didn't look like family men to me. Felt sorry for the gang that they were sending up to Goodwood. £7.50 p.h. to see how the other half live eh?

Don't know how the Polish girl (was she Polish?) put up with the two ladies who ran the show. Seemed that she was the person doing the most work-ironic really. She'd be better off starting up on her own.

Businesses get away with paying peanuts because being part of the EU gives them access to millions of cheap workers *-) ..........

Plus our benefit system doesn't exactly encourage the feckless to get a job :-| .........I'd ban benefits to anyone who turns down a job >:-) ......

So are you happy then Dave when we kick all the EU workers out that are prepared to work for peanuts for everything to double in price (And some)? Its pretty clear to me that in order to get the same calibre of worker out of bed or off benefits here £7.50 isn't going to cut it. £15 might but even that doesn't sound much to me......

Woah....steady on Barry!! Pay more??? The Pelmets of this world like their cheap prices and they will never pay more!

antony1969 - 2017-11-18 1:31 PM

Maybe we could set to work some of those other hard working types that we now have living here ... https://twitter.com/JaydaBF/status/931838308606504962 ... OK to slam our lot but not a word about what those we ship in from outside the EU cost us.

Jayda Fransen? *-) LMFAO!!! (lol)(lol)

The forums xenophobe links to a twitter account of racist political group no longer recognised by the Electoral commission headed by a couple of low life thugs with criminal history. Even it's founder, Dowson, gave up on them in 2014 and left in disgust after their vile invasions of mosques which he considered to be “provocative and counterproductive”, as well as “unacceptable and unchristian” and "just as bad" as Anjem Choudary.

Fransen herself is of Dutch, Irish, Jewish heritage......whose family came to this country fighting against the evil ideology she now supports in collusion with the rag tag loopy lot. *-)

And as for "those we ship in from outside the EU"......you never paid attention in school did you otherwise you would have learned something about the British Empire, Colonialism and slavery.

Reap what you sow.

So am I just a xenophobe now or a racist and an Islamaphobe to go with it ? ... I can hardly keep up with all the names.

Cap fits all.

Bulletguy - 2017-11-18 5:22 PM

antony1969 - 2017-11-18 2:54 PM

Bulletguy - 2017-11-18 2:35 PM

Barryd999 - 2017-11-18 11:31 AM

I Did, thought I Was watching "The Office" or something. Like a tragic comedy. It simply proved to me what we already knew. The level of Brits in the UK that are prepared to work for £7.50 per hour are about as useful as a three legged Tortoise but the calibre of Europeans that will is much higher.

The recruitment agency were pretty useless as well though to be fair. What I couldnt get my head around was the owner of the business who relied heavily on EU migrants actually voted out! At the end of the program as we are seeing more and more of course *-) she admitted she had made a mistake and would now vote remain.

So if the immigrants all go how are we going to lure people who are actually capable of doing these jobs? £15 an hour maybe? Fine but someones going to be footing the bill.

I watched it with the OH. What a depressing programme it was too. I had a look at what it costs to rent a room in Bognor. Seems one can be had for £400 a month. £7.50 a hour for a 40 hour week would be enough for a single person. I doubt it would be enough for a young family needing a home of their own if only one parent was able to work. Childcare everywhere in this country is so expensive. Mind you those drifters who came in for free beer and wine (how stupid was that exercise?) didn't look like family men to me. Felt sorry for the gang that they were sending up to Goodwood. £7.50 p.h. to see how the other half live eh?

Don't know how the Polish girl (was she Polish?) put up with the two ladies who ran the show. Seemed that she was the person doing the most work-ironic really. She'd be better off starting up on her own.

Businesses get away with paying peanuts because being part of the EU gives them access to millions of cheap workers *-) ..........

Plus our benefit system doesn't exactly encourage the feckless to get a job :-| .........I'd ban benefits to anyone who turns down a job >:-) ......

So are you happy then Dave when we kick all the EU workers out that are prepared to work for peanuts for everything to double in price (And some)? Its pretty clear to me that in order to get the same calibre of worker out of bed or off benefits here £7.50 isn't going to cut it. £15 might but even that doesn't sound much to me......

Woah....steady on Barry!! Pay more??? The Pelmets of this world like their cheap prices and they will never pay more!

antony1969 - 2017-11-18 1:31 PM

Maybe we could set to work some of those other hard working types that we now have living here ... https://twitter.com/JaydaBF/status/931838308606504962 ... OK to slam our lot but not a word about what those we ship in from outside the EU cost us.

Jayda Fransen? *-) LMFAO!!! (lol)(lol)

The forums xenophobe links to a twitter account of racist political group no longer recognised by the Electoral commission headed by a couple of low life thugs with criminal history. Even it's founder, Dowson, gave up on them in 2014 and left in disgust after their vile invasions of mosques which he considered to be “provocative and counterproductive”, as well as “unacceptable and unchristian” and "just as bad" as Anjem Choudary.

Fransen herself is of Dutch, Irish, Jewish heritage......whose family came to this country fighting against the evil ideology she now supports in collusion with the rag tag loopy lot. *-)

And as for "those we ship in from outside the EU"......you never paid attention in school did you otherwise you would have learned something about the British Empire, Colonialism and slavery.

Reap what you sow.

So am I just a xenophobe now or a racist and an Islamaphobe to go with it ? ... I can hardly keep up with all the names.

Cap fits all.

Just to make it clear then your calling me a racist and an Islamaphobe without being able to produce any evidence that Ive asked you to produce??? ... A simple yes or no will do its not complicated

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2017-11-18 10:25 AM

The Eastern Europeans who come here have already demonstrated a determination to find work that will be unlikely to be found throughout the general population in their country of origin. Every country will have a certain compliment of people that are not fit for work.

I do wonder whether we should always be so ready to accuse significant numbers of the unemployed as being idle and feckless. As John’s example showed the DWP isn’t always right in their assessments about who is fit for work and who is not. I would venture that some of those believed to be idle and feckless have undiagnosed and untreated mental health issues.

We’ve moved away from putting people in the poor house but we are not quite there yet in providing all those who should be in work and whose health would benefit from being in work with the necessary support to enable them to hold down a job.

Veronica

Funny how we've moved from Imperialists to become the worlds poor house init? *-) .........

Christ you intelligent people are dumb >:-( ........

pelmetman - 2017-11-18 6:19 PM

The Eastern Europeans who come here have already demonstrated a determination to find work that will be unlikely to be found throughout the general population in their country of origin. Every country will have a certain compliment of people that are not fit for work.

I do wonder whether we should always be so ready to accuse significant numbers of the unemployed as being idle and feckless. As John’s example showed the DWP isn’t always right in their assessments about who is fit for work and who is not. I would venture that some of those believed to be idle and feckless have undiagnosed and untreated mental health issues.

We’ve moved away from putting people in the poor house but we are not quite there yet in providing all those who should be in work and whose health would benefit from being in work with the necessary support to enable them to hold down a job.

Veronica

Funny how we've moved from Imperialists to become the worlds poor house init? *-) .........

The world's poorhouse Dave??????

I thought you'd only crossed the channel not deep space. ;-)

Guest pelmetman
Violet1956 - 2017-11-18 7:00 PM

pelmetman - 2017-11-18 6:19 PM

Veronica

The world's poorhouse Dave??????

I thought you'd only crossed the channel not deep space. ;-)

I'm currently getting p*ssed ;-) ........Or as you intelligent folk like to call it decompressing >:-) .......

But may I suggest that you and your fellow intelligent folk are looking down the wrong end of the telescope of the world you are creating 8-) ........

To me it doesn't look very pretty from this end .......based on my nearly 60 years of experience its gonna be s**te when your kids get there :-| .......

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2017-11-18 9:47 AM

If all East European workers are so great , work hard and strive to get up the ladder you'd imagine their home countries would be world beaters and way ahead of old Blighty ???

Just goes to show how wonderfully well the EU is working (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

pelmetman - 2017-11-18 7:41 PM

If all East European workers are so great , work hard and strive to get up the ladder you'd imagine their home countries would be world beaters and way ahead of old Blighty ???

Just goes to show how wonderfully well the EU is working (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

Yes its a shame Channel 4 don't make a programme about how advanced Eastern European countries are because they have a superior workforce compared to our idle slackers ... Given the praise thats being heaped on those workers on this forum by numerous members you'd imagine that the countries they come from would give Japanese and Chinese workers a run for their money ... Looking forward to that Channel 4 goodie

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2017-11-18 7:52 PM

Yes its a shame Channel 4 don't make a programme about how advanced Eastern European countries are because they have a superior workforce compared to our idle slackers ... Given the praise thats being heaped on those workers on this forum by numerous members you'd imagine that the countries they come from would give Japanese and Chinese workers a run for their money ... Looking forward to that Channel 4 goodie

The truth is that their countries along with their economies are seriously fecked up.........not that it bothered the Expansionist EU *-) ........

Well they were counting on the Brits to help fund their Empire habit >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2017-11-18 7:57 PM

The truth is that their countries along with their economies are seriously fecked up.........not that it bothered the Expansionist EU *-) ........

Well they were counting on the Brits to help fund their Empire habit >:-) .........

Eh no way ... You'd imagine given the far superior workforce they'd be way ahead of old Blighty ... You sure your right Dave

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2017-11-18 8:00 PM

Eh no way ... You'd imagine given the far superior workforce they'd be way ahead of old Blighty ... You sure your right Dave

Even their elite commandos are going missing in the land of milk & honey *-) .......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5095957/Four-Albanian-commandos-VANISH-Nato-training-mission.html

Yes its a shame Channel 4 don't make a programme about how advanced Eastern European countries are because they have a superior workforce compared to our idle slackers ... Given the praise thats being heaped on those workers on this forum by numerous members you'd imagine.....blah blah blah

What did the young British lad do who the Agency got employment for? Would you like to enlighten us all of the impression you had of him and what he did? You did view the programme didn't you? If not then your contributions and view points in here are pointless, meaningless drivel.

The truth is that

You're drinking and no doubt drunk. Suggest you go to your mates playpen.

antony1969 - 2017-11-18 8:25 PM

Given that Albania is easily majority Muslim

Off thread topic......you have your own playpen now so post your bile and drivel in there.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2017-11-18 8:37 PM

Yes its a shame Channel 4 don't make a programme about how advanced Eastern European countries are because they have a superior workforce compared to our idle slackers ... Given the praise thats being heaped on those workers on this forum by numerous members you'd imagine.....blah blah blah

What did the young British lad do who the Agency got employment for? Would you like to enlighten us all of the impression you had of him and what he did? You did view the programme didn't you? If not then your contributions and view points in here are pointless, meaningless drivel.

The truth is that

Off thread topic......you have your own playpen now so post your bile and drivel in there.

Oooh Bullet you've woke up :D ........

Sadly spouting your usual drivel *-) .......

Come on Bullet why don't you want to debate the Koran? ;-) ..........

It is the religion of peace after all >:-) ......

Bulletguy - 2017-11-18 8:37 PM

The truth is that

Given how informed you are on most subjects Im forming my opinion on the programme on what you say or are you an unreliable source ??? ... Your ignoring my question ... It won't go away and i'll keep asking you ... Don't hide behind your keyboard , normally you like to use it ... A simple yes or no thats all then we can move on

John52 - 2017-11-19 9:30 AMPelmetman your continual linking to the Daily Mail as though its an authority on anything just makes you come across as a joke (lol)

....so says our resident obsessive......http://static.skaip.org/img/emoticons/180x180/f6fcff/cwl.gif

Just watched the programme. The Construction worker seemed to be the only one on a regular job. He was working 12 hour days to earn enough to live on £1 burgers and rent a room he was too ashamed of to let the viewers see. Rest of it seemed to be minimum wage zero hour contracts with ever changing irregular hours - but they still seemed to expect the workers to turn up on time. Perhaps they expected workers to relocate from other parts of the country too?

But perhaps the most telling comment was from the guy running a small furniture workshop saying he had been through hundreds of workers in the last 10 years.

John52 - 2017-11-19 3:01 PM

Just watched the programme. The Construction worker seemed to be the only one on a regular job. He was working 12 hour days to earn enough to live on £1 burgers and rent a room he was too ashamed of to let the viewers see. Rest of it seemed to be minimum wage zero hour contracts with ever changing irregular hours - but they still seemed to expect the workers to turn up on time. Perhaps they expected workers to relocate from other parts of the country too?

I think the £1 burger bit was somewhat exaggerated John! However he could learn to cook basic meals a bit which would do him far more good than living off microwave ready meals, and it's cheaper too.

In his favour though he was the one Brit who not only worked full time at a job the women had got sorted for him, but came in to see if they could get him weekend work doing anything. So all credit to the lad....he was prepared to work and didn't mind working hard. He's the type who will get on and prove a success. As long as he keeps his mindset thinking right he will definitely get on in life. He's still quite young with his whole life ahead of him and no reason he won't make it.

But perhaps the most telling comment was from the guy running a small furniture workshop saying he had been through hundreds of workers in the last 10 years.

Indeed he had and said, "hundreds of British workers over the past 10 years and their success rate has been zero". But he then went on to say, "given a choice between taking 10 British or 10 East Europeans i'd take the East Europeans every time because i know they will get out of bed, turn up and work".

He didn't mince his words at all.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2017-11-19 9:30 AM

Pelmetman your continual linking to the Daily Mail as though its an authority on anything just makes you come across as a joke (lol)

The source doesn't negate the story ;-) ...........Just the way its spun :D ........

I like my news spun to the right of centre you prefer your skewed to the ultra left >:-) .........

Archived