Brexit Leverage

StuartO

antony1969 - 2017-11-21 2:40 PM

Decisions , decisions .... Made by lucky dip by our EU masters it seems .... https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/882327/Italy-EU-Brussels-European-Medicines-Agency-Milan-Amsterdam .... Und they say our decision to put an X next to Leave was wrong

Did they not know about the three rounds in advance though where an absolute majority was required which they failed on the first two rounds to achieve? I Dont think it was just a case of pulling straws out of a hat. Still it makes for a good anti EU headline without the real facts from another Tory Pro Brexit rag. :-(

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
antony1969 - 2017-11-21 2:15 PM

Barryd999 - 2017-11-21 1:29 PM

The laws are there for exactly that reason, to shut down places like that.

Here is a pretty disgusting example of just the kind of protection we can expect from this government once its freed from the so called shackles of daft EU laws. http://www.theweek.co.uk/89850/mps-vote-that-animals-can-t-feel-pain-or-emotion-as-part-of-brexit-bill

Its exactly this kind of approach that will lead to lower standards, mistreatment of Animals and substandard and potentially dangerous foods in our supermarkets.

Wait until they get started on people and your employment rights get chucked out of the window on the orders of the real big players behind Brexit.

But they aren't shut down they are open again with the same staff and how long was the filth unchecked and allowed to get away with ... Regarding the treatment of animals I can't pass judgement to be fair because Government according to your link say everything is still covered while the RSPCA say not so who's fibbing I don't know do you ??? ... Kind of on the same subject with animals feelings how do you feel about Halal slaughtering ???

The Government is lying (Again) as its only domestic animals that are covered under the 2006 act not the stuff we eat. They are not interested in standards for what the plebs eat or end up eating after Brexit or the welfare of animals either.

As for Halal meat well I would go as far as to say the EU law should be changed to include the electronic stunning of livestock where at the moment it makes an exception but most Halal livestock is stunned anyway now before the animals throat is cut. I dont know if it makes much difference how an animal is killed or what pain and suffering they endure if any but Halal Slaughter also states the animal must have led a comfortable and natural life before slaughter I believe.

antony1969 - 2017-11-21 6:30 AM

Bulletguy - 2017-11-20 11:00 PM

antony1969 - 2017-11-20 3:11 PM

Our council operate a 1 - 5 hygiene score with 5 being the top score.

All do you dummy. It's FSA standard throughout UK. *-)

Regarding your open kitchens you can see them making the pre-prepared food when the shop is shut I presume and see into all store cupboards and the labelling on food and look in the fridges and freezers ??? ...

I thought you said "my missus owned her own very successful food establishment for 10 years"??? Or was it so horrendous you never set foot there? *-)

A local curry takeaway I used to go to years ago had an open kitchen too and back then I would buy from them but one night while eating a chicken bhuna I thought the the chicken felt a bit tough so spat it out to reveal a plaster , so much for open kitchens ... You ignored my question about why the Yank food is sh$te as you put it also.

And.............??? Is that all you did??? Why did you not report the matter??? :-S I'm calling BS on this story!!!

Also it's obvious you have absolutely no idea of what the term 'open kitchen' means....which is odd given your boast of your "missus owning her own successful 'food establishment' for 10 years ". What was it....a fruit 'n veg corner shop? (lol)

Goodness another day another name ... You'll find its the council which my local one is Kirklees that enforces the food hygiene scores on the doors and its the councils staff that come to inspect to enforce the rules as it will be in your area and I never said other councils don't operate such a system wether they are enforcing FSA rules or not did I ??? Your remark about my missus I don't get could you explain ... Your not answering my questions I politely asked you and you'll note I didn't call you any names

Your 'question' (so called) was very silly about "can you see them make pre-prepared food when the business is closed".....ever looked through the window of your local 5 star restaurant (assuming you have one) when thats closed? Kinda dark isn't it? That's because most close at 10pm or midnight latest and all the staff go home. Also no members of the public would be allowed to wander around a commercial kitchen opening cupboards etc......you were being very very silly....but you knew that.

As for "pre-prepared food".....i've no idea what kind of junk food shops you have out there if that's what they serve up. In the real world which you don't seem to live in, even the most basic chippys serve fresh food including the chips. Do your lot use frozen oven chips and fish fingers?

Yes each council enforces but it's the FSA which is the controlling body they are responsible to. The inspectors are responsible for seeing the laws are followed. You never answered my question.....why did you not report the take-away who served your "plaster in chicken Bhuna"? It sounded very much a BS story you just made up which explains why you didn't complain but i'm sure you'll have another BS excuse to cover that!

Every take-away, chippy, etc has one of these on the window.

1052055967_FSAsticker.jpg.8bc6825e151e1fa96c3db377f8a3fc79.jpg

antony1969 - 2017-11-21 12:08 PM

Barryd999 - 2017-11-21 11:19 AM

antony1969 - 2017-11-20 5:57 PM

Barryd999 - 2017-11-20 5:34 PM

The concerns about food and hygiene are because EU law currently bans products such as Chlorine washed chicken or Hormone fed Beef from the likes of the USA and a whole host of other inferior guff they and the other countries outside the EU would gladly sell us.

Once we leave farmers would face stiff competition from this kind of cheap rubbish from countries with lower standards than the UK unless we continue to adhere to the same EU standards and laws that have kept us all from dying of Salmonella and other diseases. We do however in the UK have some of the highest standards of animal welfare in the world and not just the EU but if we are going to see an influx of cheap, substandard and probably dangerous food from the US and God knows where with no EU regulation our home grown stuff will probably end up priced out of the market. As inflation increases and people get poorer as a result of Brexit (which they will) what are they going to opt for? Cheap and suspect or best of British?

Hygiene laws and standards set by the EU for takeaways, restaurants etc have also seen a much more level playing field across Europe in recent years. I eat out a fair bit and get takeaways all over Europe and the standards are pretty good. They have to be now. Lets hope thats something else that doesnt slip if we leave the EU.

Are you suggesting we will have to buy chlorine washed chicken from the US once we've left the EU for some strange reason ??? 8-) and why would British food business lower any food standards once we've left the EU ... You like a nice doner kebab heated up again and again and again from a takeaway wherever that is ... Not a great advert for food hygiene ... Another wet argument for me

I am stating that at the moment we are protected from buying cheap and potentially dangerous food types because they are banned by EU law. If those bans are not maintained IF we leave then it opens the doors for cheap, inferior and dangerous food products from all over the world. Whilst our quality products can of course still be bought how long will it be before the cheaper and potentially dodgy stuff pushes them off the shelves. When inflation rises more and money gets tighter (Which it will) which Chicken is going to sell the best in Tescos? Free range fed on corn on the local farm for say a Tenner or some Chlorinated injected with god knows what filth for three quid? They will both look the same, which one is the person who is finding it all a bit of a struggle going to opt for?

I do like a Kebab that is true and I feel pretty safe buying one anywhere within the EU as there are strict hygiene and sourcing standards in place and touch wood ive not had a dodgy one yet.

Yes those strict EU laws that prevent stuff like this in Huddersfield from happening ... http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/three-takeaways-shut-down-after-13260120 ... Und this one in Huddersfield ... http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/dirty-indian-takeaway-food-likely-13219788 ... Another one this year in Huddersfield ... http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/mice-infested-chinese-takeaway-disaster-12676215 ... Those wonderful EU laws that prevent this from happening and I believe they are all back open with the same folk running em

Nothing to do with EU laws at all. It's up to us to govern and control our own food premises in accordance with laws which are clearly established.That why we have inspectors who can visit any premises unannounced.......or following a complaint from a member of the public.....a bit like folk who "find a plaster" in their chicken take-away. ;-) Of course some can't because it's a BS story! (lol)

In each of those cases the law was acted on with two of the owners being prosecuted. So are you complaining about the law now? *-)

Bulletguy - 2017-11-21 3:51 PM

Regarding your open kitchens you can see them making the pre-prepared food when the shop is shut I presume and see into all store cupboards and the labelling on food and look in the fridges and freezers ??? ...

I thought you said "my missus owned her own very successful food establishment for 10 years"??? Or was it so horrendous you never set foot there? *-)

A local curry takeaway I used to go to years ago had an open kitchen too and back then I would buy from them but one night while eating a chicken bhuna I thought the the chicken felt a bit tough so spat it out to reveal a plaster , so much for open kitchens ... You ignored my question about why the Yank food is sh$te as you put it also.

And.............??? Is that all you did??? Why did you not report the matter??? :-S I'm calling BS on this story!!!

Also it's obvious you have absolutely no idea of what the term 'open kitchen' means....which is odd given your boast of your "missus owning her own successful 'food establishment' for 10 years ". What was it....a fruit 'n veg corner shop? (lol)

Goodness another day another name ... You'll find its the council which my local one is Kirklees that enforces the food hygiene scores on the doors and its the councils staff that come to inspect to enforce the rules as it will be in your area and I never said other councils don't operate such a system wether they are enforcing FSA rules or not did I ??? Your remark about my missus I don't get could you explain ... Your not answering my questions I politely asked you and you'll note I didn't call you any names

Your 'question' (so called) was very silly about "can you see them make pre-prepared food when the business is closed".....ever looked through the window of your local 5 star restaurant (assuming you have one) when thats closed? Kinda dark isn't it? That's because most close at 10pm or midnight latest and all the staff go home. Also no members of the public would be allowed to wander around a commercial kitchen opening cupboards etc......you were being very very silly....but you knew that.

As for "pre-prepared food".....i've no idea what kind of junk food shops you have out there if that's what they serve up. In the real world which you don't seem to live in, even the most basic chippys serve fresh food including the chips. Do your lot use frozen oven chips and fish fingers?

Yes each council enforces but it's the FSA which is the controlling body they are responsible to. The inspectors are responsible for seeing the laws are followed. You never answered my question.....why did you not report the take-away who served your "plaster in chicken Bhuna"? It sounded very much a BS story you just made up which explains why you didn't complain but i'm sure you'll have another BS excuse to cover that!

So you don't see all the prep work that goes on all you see is the cooking ??? ... You said your takeaway had an open kitchen which is fine but the opening hours open kitchen tells you only a small part of what goes on in the kitchen ... The FSA sticker doesn't have to go in the window in England or Scotland I believe so you are as usual wrong ... Wales I believe does have the window showing policy

Barryd999 - 2017-11-20 5:34 PMThe concerns about food and hygiene are because EU law currently bans products such as Chlorine washed chicken or Hormone fed Beef from the likes of the USA and a whole host of other inferior guff they and the other countries outside the EU would gladly sell us.Once we leave farmers would face stiff competition from this kind of cheap rubbish from countries with lower standards than the UK unless we continue to adhere to the same EU standards and laws that have kept us all from dying of Salmonella and other diseases. We do however in the UK have some of the highest standards of animal welfare in the world and not just the EU but if we are going to see an influx of cheap, substandard and probably dangerous food from the US and God knows where with no EU regulation our home grown stuff will probably end up priced out of the market. As inflation increases and people get poorer as a result of Brexit (which they will) what are they going to opt for? Cheap and suspect or best of British?Hygiene laws and standards set by the EU for takeaways, restaurants etc have also seen a much more level playing field across Europe in recent years. I eat out a fair bit and get takeaways all over Europe and the standards are pretty good. They have to be now. Lets hope thats something else that doesnt slip if we leave the EU.
Are you suggesting we will have to buy chlorine washed chicken from the US once we've left the EU for some strange reason ??? 8-) and why would British food business lower any food standards once we've left the EU ... You like a nice doner kebab heated up again and again and again from a takeaway wherever that is ... Not a great advert for food hygiene ... Another wet argument for me
I am stating that at the moment we are protected from buying cheap and potentially dangerous food types because they are banned by EU law. If those bans are not maintained IF we leave then it opens the doors for cheap, inferior and dangerous food products from all over the world. Whilst our quality products can of course still be bought how long will it be before the cheaper and potentially dodgy stuff pushes them off the shelves. When inflation rises more and money gets tighter (Which it will) which Chicken is going to sell the best in Tescos? Free range fed on corn on the local farm for say a Tenner or some Chlorinated injected with god knows what filth for three quid? They will both look the same, which one is the person who is finding it all a bit of a struggle going to opt for?I do like a Kebab that is true and I feel pretty safe buying one anywhere within the EU as there are strict hygiene and sourcing standards in place and touch wood ive not had a dodgy one yet.
Sorry  Barry but whilst I agree there are EU standards the UK also had/has it's own.  The country is not so backward that we can not formulate our own protections.  However to your claim that EU law is protecting us from dangerous/dodgy foodstuffs it didn't do such a great job in recent years with the number of horse meat in the food chain scandals did it?  

The following might be of interest to you especially the last para in bold:

From the FT.....Feb 2013.

An emerging scandal about illicit horsemeat found in processed foods has raised questions about whether European regulators are capable of coping with an industry whose ingredients and subcontractors increasingly cross national borders.

The EU has developed a food safety system in the wake of the mad cow crisis in the 1990s that emphasises the ability to trace meats back to their source and co-operation between national safety regulators.

Yet that system has been tested in recent years by a string of scandals that reveal the increasingly complex nature of food industry supply chains. In one case, contaminated animal feed in Germany led to scares about dioxin-contaminated eggs and pastries in the UK. In another, far more serious incident, 22 people were killed and more than 2,000 sickened in 2011 by beansprouts thought to have originated in Egypt.

German health officials wrongly pointed the finger at Spanish farmers, causing hundreds-of-millions of euros in losses, and a Russian trade ban, before the case was eventually solved.

Laws are all well and good if monitored and enforced

antony1969 - 2017-11-21 4:24 PM

So you don't see all the prep work that goes on all you see is the cooking ??? ... You said your takeaway had an open kitchen which is fine.but the opening hours open kitchen tells you only a small part of what goes on in the kitchen ...

Both my local chippy and Chinese take-away have an open kitchen. All food ingredients are fresh and the Chinese cook a'la carte...every single order. So whilst that means a wait time you get to see your meal being cooked if you want to. Being an 'open kitchen' doesn't mean members of the public are free to wander around.....that's just plain stupid to expect let alone it being illegal.

You seem to think you should have 24/7 privy and access to the internal workings of businesses selling food. A dose of Gordon Ramsay would do you good and quickly sort you out........probably on the end of his boot accompanied by numerous expletives.

The FSA sticker doesn't have to go in the window in England or Scotland I believe so you are as usual wrong ... Wales I believe does have the window showing policy.

You're being pedantic attempting to point score which is making you look very silly now.

From the FSA;

"You will be given a sticker/certificate with your rating or result. You can put these on display to show your customers how good your hygiene standards are."

Now......whilst it's not a legal requirement to put that sticker on display, why wouldn't you? And don't come out with some half baked tripe about not wanting customers to know. Any worthwhile respectable business would want their customers to know their rating. It's good customer relationship to build up your business. Both my chippy and Chinese are 5 star rated and display their sticker with pride.

You never answered my question....."why did you not report the take-away who served your 'plaster in chicken' Bhuna"? You've avoided answering it so i've concluded it was indeed another of your BS stories you just made up. *-)

RogerC - 2017-11-21 4:53 PM
Barryd999 - 2017-11-20 5:34 PMThe concerns about food and hygiene are because EU law currently bans products such as Chlorine washed chicken or Hormone fed Beef from the likes of the USA and a whole host of other inferior guff they and the other countries outside the EU would gladly sell us.Once we leave farmers would face stiff competition from this kind of cheap rubbish from countries with lower standards than the UK unless we continue to adhere to the same EU standards and laws that have kept us all from dying of Salmonella and other diseases. We do however in the UK have some of the highest standards of animal welfare in the world and not just the EU but if we are going to see an influx of cheap, substandard and probably dangerous food from the US and God knows where with no EU regulation our home grown stuff will probably end up priced out of the market. As inflation increases and people get poorer as a result of Brexit (which they will) what are they going to opt for? Cheap and suspect or best of British?Hygiene laws and standards set by the EU for takeaways, restaurants etc have also seen a much more level playing field across Europe in recent years. I eat out a fair bit and get takeaways all over Europe and the standards are pretty good. They have to be now. Lets hope thats something else that doesnt slip if we leave the EU.
I am stating that at the moment we are protected from buying cheap and potentially dangerous food types because they are banned by EU law. If those bans are not maintained IF we leave then it opens the doors for cheap, inferior and dangerous food products from all over the world. Whilst our quality products can of course still be bought how long will it be before the cheaper and potentially dodgy stuff pushes them off the shelves. When inflation rises more and money gets tighter (Which it will) which Chicken is going to sell the best in Tescos? Free range fed on corn on the local farm for say a Tenner or some Chlorinated injected with god knows what filth for three quid? They will both look the same, which one is the person who is finding it all a bit of a struggle going to opt for?I do like a Kebab that is true and I feel pretty safe buying one anywhere within the EU as there are strict hygiene and sourcing standards in place and touch wood ive not had a dodgy one yet.
Sorry  Barry but whilst I agree there are EU standards the UK also had/has it's own.  The country is not so backward that we can not formulate our own protections.  However to your claim that EU law is protecting us from dangerous/dodgy foodstuffs it didn't do such a great job in recent years with the number of horse meat in the food chain scandals did it?  

An emerging scandal about illicit horsemeat found in processed foods has raised questions about whether European regulators are capable of coping with an industry whose ingredients and subcontractors increasingly cross national borders.

The EU has developed a food safety system in the wake of the mad cow crisis in the 1990s that emphasises the ability to trace meats back to their source and co-operation between national safety regulators.

Yet that system has been tested in recent years by a string of scandals that reveal the increasingly complex nature of food industry supply chains. In one case, contaminated animal feed in Germany led to scares about dioxin-contaminated eggs and pastries in the UK. In another, far more serious incident, 22 people were killed and more than 2,000 sickened in 2011 by beansprouts thought to have originated in Egypt.

German health officials wrongly pointed the finger at Spanish farmers, causing hundreds-of-millions of euros in losses, and a Russian trade ban, before the case was eventually solved.

I am not saying its perfect but the fact remains outside of the EU we wont be protected at all as regards banned products and the sub standard stuff the likes of the US are willing to feed us. Its much more complex than just standards though (there are 4,500 or so EU regulations covering food, farming and environmental standards). The UK food and drink industry is our largest remaining manufacturing sector, bigger than the car and aerospace sectors combined! We only eat half of what we produce though and depend on those standards to be able to export and sell within our biggest market which is of course EUROPE! However 55% of farming income is derived from EU Subsidies and whats more much of it is dependent on EU workers. Can you see where I am going with this yet? :-D We could be in a position soon where there are no strict standards (Assuming there is a free trade deal anyway and a route to market) but we dont meet the requirements anymore for our market place but it could all be hypothetical anyway if there are no workers to produce the blooming food in the first place!All this could lead us to not being able to export anything and having to accept sub standard rubbish from the USA and who knows where else.The entire food sector, its relationship with the EU, our countryside even is at stake here and its way more complex than the Brexiteers thought but then again it all is. :-(

Bulletguy - 2017-11-21 6:21 PM

antony1969 - 2017-11-21 4:24 PM

So you don't see all the prep work that goes on all you see is the cooking ??? ... You said your takeaway had an open kitchen which is fine.but the opening hours open kitchen tells you only a small part of what goes on in the kitchen ...

Both my local chippy and Chinese take-away have an open kitchen. All food ingredients are fresh and the Chinese cook a'la carte...every single order. So whilst that means a wait time you get to see your meal being cooked if you want to. Being an 'open kitchen' doesn't mean members of the public are free to wander around.....that's just plain stupid to expect let alone it being illegal.

You seem to think you should have 24/7 privy and access to the internal workings of businesses selling food. A dose of Gordon Ramsay would do you good and quickly sort you out........probably on the end of his boot accompanied by numerous expletives.

The FSA sticker doesn't have to go in the window in England or Scotland I believe so you are as usual wrong ... Wales I believe does have the window showing policy.

You're being pedantic attempting to point score which is making you look very silly now.

From the FSA;

"You will be given a sticker/certificate with your rating or result. You can put these on display to show your customers how good your hygiene standards are."

Now......whilst it's not a legal requirement to put that sticker on display, why wouldn't you? And don't come out with some half baked tripe about not wanting customers to know. Any worthwhile respectable business would want their customers to know their rating. It's good customer relationship to build up your business. Both my chippy and Chinese are 5 star rated and display their sticker with pride.

You never answered my question....."why did you not report the take-away who served your 'plaster in chicken' Bhuna"? You've avoided answering it so i've concluded it was indeed another of your BS stories you just made up. *-)

Your words or mine "Every take-away , chippy etc has one of these in the window" ??? ... Errr no they don't ... Was it dummy you called me ??? ... I never said an open kitchen meant anyone could walk around at leisure or anything of the sort all Ive done is educate you that an establishment that cooks food during opening times in an open kitchen doesn't prepare food , its already been prepared while closed so you have no idea how fresh that food is or where its been stored or where its been bought from ... Why would I find it necessary to lie on a faceless forum to someone like you about a plaster in my curry ??? ... You need to take a serious , long look at how far your hatred for me has affected your posts

antony1969 - 2017-11-21 7:35 PM

Why would I find it necessary to lie on a faceless forum to someone like you about a plaster in my curry ??? .

So WHY didn't you report the matter??? *-)

You come on here crowing about the disgusting state of your Indian takeaways, whine about the food they serve up etc......yet the minute you find 'a plaster' in your meal you do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! *-)

Bulletguy - 2017-11-21 8:32 PM

antony1969 - 2017-11-21 7:35 PM

Why would I find it necessary to lie on a faceless forum to someone like you about a plaster in my curry ??? .

So WHY didn't you report the matter??? *-)

You come on here crowing about the disgusting state of your Indian takeaways, whine about the food they serve up etc......yet the minute you find 'a plaster' in your meal you do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! *-)

I did do something ... I stopped going and spending my money in there ... Goodness all that anger and exclamation marks over me mentioning in a food hygiene post I found a plaster in my food ... You know when you said a couple of times a few weeks ago you were going to ignore me , well I think you better !!!

Barryd999 - 2017-11-21 6:40 PM

I am not saying its perfect but the fact remains outside of the EU we wont be protected at all as regards banned products and the sub standard stuff the likes of the US are willing to feed us. Its much more complex than just standards though (there are 4,500 or so EU regulations covering food, farming and environmental standards). The UK food and drink industry is our largest remaining manufacturing sector, bigger than the car and aerospace sectors combined! We only eat half of what we produce though and depend on those standards to be able to export and sell within our biggest market which is of course EUROPE! However 55% of farming income is derived from EU Subsidies and whats more much of it is dependent on EU workers. Can you see where I am going with this yet? :-D We could be in a position soon where there are no strict standards (Assuming there is a free trade deal anyway and a route to market) but we dont meet the requirements anymore for our market place but it could all be hypothetical anyway if there are no workers to produce the blooming food in the first place!All this could lead us to not being able to export anything and having to accept sub standard rubbish from the USA and who knows where else.The entire food sector, its relationship with the EU, our countryside even is at stake here and its way more complex than the Brexiteers thought but then again it all is. :-(

For goodness sake can't you see anything apart from your totally focused view of the EU provides all??

Do you honestly believe that the UK has not got the wherewithall to maintain it's own food standards agency?  Considering this country has been implementing food safety laws since 1266 I really don't think we need overly concern ourselves that we won't be able to control things without  'Daddy' EU holding our hand.

Guest pelmetman
RogerC - 2017-11-23 3:19 PM

For goodness sake can't you see anything apart from your totally focused view of the EU provides all??

Do you honestly believe that the UK has not got the wherewithall to maintain it's own food standards agency?  Considering this country has been implementing food safety laws since 1266 I really don't think we need overly concern ourselves that we won't be able to control things without  'Daddy' EU holding our hand.

To be fair our Bazza was prolly only a babe in the arms when we joined what we were told would be just a "common market" ;-) .........So he doesn't know anything else.......except how to suckle from the EU's teat :D .......

I Think what you will find is "Taking back control" means the current shower of sh1t government doing away with standards and laws that have been put in place by the EU to protect us all because they have been instructed to do so by their bessy mates who are the ones really running the show and the powers behind Brexit. Its happening already with the decision the other day to do away with animal rights. Environmental laws will be next and just wait until they start on workers rights. The lowering of food standards will happen because as they try desperately to cosy up to the like of Trump and the good ole USA they will insist on it. Once that happens of course most of our stuff will end up banned or under strict scrutiny when we try and export it to our nearest neighbours 22 miles away. Its like I said, way more complex than any of you Brexiteers thought or were led to believe.

Barryd999 - 2017-11-23 6:57 PM

I Think what you will find is "Taking back control" means the current shower of sh1t government doing away with standards and laws that have been put in place by the EU to protect us all because they have been instructed to do so by their bessy mates who are the ones really running the show and the powers behind Brexit. Its happening already with the decision the other day to do away with animal rights. Environmental laws will be next and just wait until they start on workers rights. The lowering of food standards will happen because as they try desperately to cosy up to the like of Trump and the good ole USA they will insist on it. Once that happens of course most of our stuff will end up banned or under strict scrutiny when we try and export it to our nearest neighbours 22 miles away. Its like I said, way more complex than any of you Brexiteers thought or were led to believe.

No sh1t Sherlock....I'm so glad we have you so utterly utterly clever Remainers are around to tell us how clever you are and how stupid the leave camp voters are.  Patronising claptrap!!

RogerC - 2017-11-23 8:18 PM

No sh1t Sherlock....I'm so glad we have you so utterly utterly clever Remainers are around to tell us how clever you are and how stupid the leave camp voters are.  Patronising claptrap!!
Finally you speak some sense. Have a motorhome bumper sticker. (lol) https://s26.postimg.org/666j4ntcp/brexit_sticker.jpg (lol)

What exactly isn't covered under current legislation that is or was covered by EU law regarding animal rights ??? ... Your crystal ball has been busy predicting the future hasn't it , bet it got hot ... Gypsy Rose Barry

Guest pelmetman

You really need to do some research Barry *-) .........The UK's animal husbandry standards have led the way in Europe ;-) ........So I suspect if any ones standards slip after BREXIT......it will be the EU's not ours *-) .......

pelmetman - 2017-11-24 8:18 AM

You really need to do some research Barry *-) .........The UK's animal husbandry standards have led the way in Europe ;-) ........So I suspect if any ones standards slip after BREXIT......it will be the EU's not ours *-) .......
Barry's now telling us that nasty POTUS Trump will flood poor defenceless Britian with nasty chickens when he stitches us up with a trade deal ... Don't know bowt anyone else but my meat says British on it ... If Barry's forecast is correct just buy British meat ... Even a dumb ass Brexit voter can just about manage that

Barryd999 - 2017-11-21 3:29 PM

antony1969 - 2017-11-21 2:15 PM

Barryd999 - 2017-11-21 1:29 PM

The laws are there for exactly that reason, to shut down places like that.

Here is a pretty disgusting example of just the kind of protection we can expect from this government once its freed from the so called shackles of daft EU laws. http://www.theweek.co.uk/89850/mps-vote-that-animals-can-t-feel-pain-or-emotion-as-part-of-brexit-bill

Its exactly this kind of approach that will lead to lower standards, mistreatment of Animals and substandard and potentially dangerous foods in our supermarkets.

Wait until they get started on people and your employment rights get chucked out of the window on the orders of the real big players behind Brexit.

But they aren't shut down they are open again with the same staff and how long was the filth unchecked and allowed to get away with ... Regarding the treatment of animals I can't pass judgement to be fair because Government according to your link say everything is still covered while the RSPCA say not so who's fibbing I don't know do you ??? ... Kind of on the same subject with animals feelings how do you feel about Halal slaughtering ???

The Government is lying (Again) as its only domestic animals that are covered under the 2006 act not the stuff we eat. They are not interested in standards for what the plebs eat or end up eating after Brexit or the welfare of animals either.

As for Halal meat well I would go as far as to say the EU law should be changed to include the electronic stunning of livestock where at the moment it makes an exception but most Halal livestock is stunned anyway now before the animals throat is cut. I dont know if it makes much difference how an animal is killed or what pain and suffering they endure if any but Halal Slaughter also states the animal must have led a comfortable and natural life before slaughter I believe.

Hala slaughter like this Barry ya mean ... https://twitter.com/JaydaBF/status/934023915743129600 ... Those kebabs taste good don't they

antony1969 - 2017-11-24 9:20 AM

Barry's now telling us that nasty POTUS Trump will flood poor defenceless Britian with nasty chickens when he stitches us up with a trade deal ... Don't know bowt anyone else but my meat says British on it ... If Barry's forecast is correct just buy British meat ... Even a dumb ass Brexit voter can just about manage that
I am sure you will be able to carry on buying the best of British Antony. Your wealthy. I dare say it will cost you a lot more but I suspect that wont bother you or me to be honest. We are probably both in the top 5% of wealth in the UK, probably most of us on here are. Ok thats an assumption based on the fact that we all own motorhomes and seem to have a pretty good lifestyle. When this crap starts to fill up our shelves and standards are dropped though and British products rocket (have you seen the rises in Dairy since Brexit?) the poor sods who were mainly the ones that were duped into voting out having been told it would be an answer to all their problems will be the ones having to eat it. Standards are already slipping with Shrinkflation and inferior ingredients in an attempt to disguise rising prices. That is only going to get worse.As for animal rights, I will actually say the EU does not have the greatest record but the fact remains the Tories have already said they are doing away with those laws and animals other than domestic pets according to them no longer feel pain or have emotions. Why do you think that is? ITs all part of the preparation for their new order which is to purely serve their Brexit Lords and masters and maximise profits regardless of the loss of care for animals. You watch, employment and human rights will be next. I guarantee it.

Barryd999 - 2017-11-24 6:18 PM

I am sure you will be able to carry on buying the best of British Antony. Your wealthy. I dare say it will cost you a lot more but I suspect that wont bother you or me to be honest. We are probably both in the top 5% of wealth in the UK, probably most of us on here are. Ok thats an assumption based on the fact that we all own motorhomes and seem to have a pretty good lifestyle. When this crap starts to fill up our shelves and standards are dropped though and British products rocket (have you seen the rises in Dairy since Brexit?) the poor sods who were mainly the ones that were duped into voting out having been told it would be an answer to all their problems will be the ones having to eat it. Standards are already slipping with Shrinkflation and inferior ingredients in an attempt to disguise rising prices. That is only going to get worse.As for animal rights, I will actually say the EU does not have the greatest record but the fact remains the Tories have already said they are doing away with those laws and animals other than domestic pets according to them no longer feel pain or have emotions. Why do you think that is? ITs all part of the preparation for their new order which is to purely serve their Brexit Lords and masters and maximise profits regardless of the loss of care for animals. You watch, employment and human rights will be next. I guarantee it.
You really need to read up on those animal rights before you carry on using at a beating stick Barry ... What has wealth got to do with buying British meat produce ??? ... You bang on about coming out of the EU will affect animals rights but yet you enjoy kebabs supplied by Halal slaughter , Im struggling Barry your guna have to explain it to fick old Brexit me

Yet another weak, pathetic comment aimed at the 'winning' side.  I reckon the only ones duped are the likes of you and the rest of the ramainers who can not accept that those who voted out did so because we don't like the way the EU mandarins are driving their influences ever further into our daily lives.

You really need to get over yourself/selves as being the only one/s able to assess the situation, digest the information and current standing of things and make an informed decision.
Lets face it you are looking at the current standing and the 'what if (crystal ball?)' events emanating from the EU whereas the leave voters are assessing the here and now and we decided we don't like it.  Even Brian (clearly a remain supporter) said he feels we should 'wait and see' but didn't say for how long.  So please less of the 'duped' and other insults because it adds nothing to the debate and only serves to reinforce the winners opinion that you and your lot are just sore losers.

antony1969 - 2017-11-24 7:42 PM

You really need to read up on those animal rights before you carry on using at a beating stick Barry ... What has wealth got to do with buying British meat produce ??? ... You bang on about coming out of the EU will affect animals rights but yet you enjoy kebabs supplied by Halal slaughter , Im struggling Barry your guna have to explain it to fick old Brexit me
I have the odd Chicken kebab. Its probably not even Chicken! I have no idea where all the stuff I eat or scoff is sourced from or how its killed. Who does?The point I am making is there can be no other reason for doing away with animal rights laws than profit. Lowering standards to allow in inferior and potentially dangerous products from the USA and other none EU countries can be for no other reason than to appease our so called new trade partners and to increase profits and its the "little people" As you like to call them that will end up scoffing it and our animals that will suffer. I Dont understand why anyone would support that Brexiteer or not really.

Archived