Bike Rack

Gregors

Hi All,

I'm looking to purchase a Thule bike rack for unto 4 bikes within the next few weeks to mount on the back of the MH. Just wondered if anyone has bought recently and could shed some light on the various models e.t.c and which is the most suitable !

Many thanks

Chris

Van or coachbuilt? I had a fiamma fitted to the rear doors of the van, but it damaged the hinges and was a PITA as to get into van through back doors, bikes had to come off first to reduce the loading. On new van I have a towball mounted Atera Strada DL which moves backwards on rails and allows access into back of van. DIY towbar was < £100 incl electrics.

Nigel

And if you have a coachbuilt you will need to check with the MH manufacturer if there is a reinforced area to mount it through and if so what the maximum permissible load is. Basically you cannot just go bolting through the back wall and hanging whatever you want off it!

Also the rack will have a maximum load and this may well be less than four adult bikes. It will almost certainly exclude electric bikes if you want to carry four!

Keith.

Archived