Deflectors

ALAN G

In the past the quarter lights on cab windows could be turned to give a refreshing dose of air while travelling. Now that they are fixed , presumably for security, it occurs to me that external deflectors could give similar cooling with the window open. Such deflectors were in vogue in the 50s and 60's. Does anyone know where than can be purchased these days?

Nowadays most vehicles have vents which can give good face level ventilation, so those old deflectors are not much needed and I fear you will struggle to find a manufacturer who would tool up for a small market.

Keithl - 2018-03-04 4:48 PM

PS But I've never tried them as we can open our windows and still talk due to the design of the body behind the cab.

I always thought you were a bit odd Keith but carrying a body behind the cab to reduce wind noise whilst talking is really odd!

Tracker - 2018-03-04 4:54 PM

PS But I've never tried them as we can open our windows and still talk due to the design of the body behind the cab.

I always thought you were a bit odd Keith but carrying a body behind the cab to reduce wind noise whilst talking is really odd!

Cheers Rich, but isn't that the definition of a Motor Home?

Keithl - 2018-03-04 5:21 PM

Actually Keith I thought it was the definition of a hearse!!

Tracker - 2018-03-04 5:41 PM

Keithl - 2018-03-04 5:21 PM

Actually Keith I thought it was the definition of a hearse!!

Personally, I think taking a deceased friend or relative away on a camping holiday is the height of consideration. Quiet, too! :-D

Brian Kirby - 2018-03-04 6:10 PM

Personally, I think taking a deceased friend or relative away on a camping holiday is the height of consideration. Quiet, too! :-D

You seem to speak from experience Brian, but at least the conversations should be more stimulating than most of chatterbox and if all else fails I imagine you would have a very handy draught excluder!

ALAN G - 2018-03-04 6:25 PM

I wan't to know whether the windows can be opened or closed with the deflectors in place..

Normally yes.

In fact I don't think there would be any point in fitting them if you couldn't open the window with them fitted!!!

Keith.

On a more serious note and to return to the original post.

I've had a pair of G3 wind deflectors installed in the MH for the past 2 years and they are very good.

Bought them via EBay from: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/online-depot-ohg?_trksid=p2047675.l256

Cost was around £31 if I remember right.

Simple to fix into the window channel and don't impede the movement of the window.

My deflectors are a full L shape and fit from bottom leading edge corner to top right corner.

Deflect wind and rain, does what it says on the tin.

Easy to remove and to clean. :-D

Archived