Kim Jong Un

antony1969

Bulletguy - 2018-03-11 8:43 PM

antony1969 - 2018-03-11 7:48 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-03-11 7:36 PM

That's not what you said. You said "he supplied us with many things , lead , stone , power tools and so on all at the taxpayers expense.."

Had you purchased them legitimately 1) you'd have receipts and vat records, and 2) you wouldn't have felt the urge to openly boast about receiving goods from a BR employee "all at the taxpayers expense".

You dropped a clanger by posting that so don't try back tracking. It's too late for that.

British Rail was paid for by the British taxpayer wasn't it ??? Maybe Im wrong ... So everything sold if at a loss or purchased was at the British tax payers expense wasn't it ??? ... Talking of receipts we must check up on that as I don't think he ever forwarded us the promised paperwork ... Why he wouldn't accept a cheque i'll never know ....

You're being totally disingenuous and it's looking very silly now. You openly boasted in your previous post about receiving "many things , lead , stone , power tools and so on all at the taxpayers expense" from a BR maintenance employee and quipped about it being "the good old days". So either you did..........or were simply cooking up a wild untruthful story.

Rather than blindly blunder on making it worse than you already have, i'd suggest you go for the easy way out by admitting the latter. I know that's hard for you and a harsh lesson, but you have to learn.

You sound like an old school teacher "a harsh less , but you will have to learn" ... Bet you liked the caning dint ya ??? ... Your babbling posts only bore me and everyone else so for once and it will be a first because were still waiting for your POTUS Trump proof show me where I said I knew the goods were stolen ??? Can you show that and really a simple yes or no will do

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
antony1969 - 2018-03-12 6:08 AM

That's not what you said. You said "he supplied us with many things , lead , stone , power tools and so on all at the taxpayers expense.."

Had you purchased them legitimately 1) you'd have receipts and vat records, and 2) you wouldn't have felt the urge to openly boast about receiving goods from a BR employee "all at the taxpayers expense".

You dropped a clanger by posting that so don't try back tracking. It's too late for that.

British Rail was paid for by the British taxpayer wasn't it ??? Maybe Im wrong ... So everything sold if at a loss or purchased was at the British tax payers expense wasn't it ??? ... Talking of receipts we must check up on that as I don't think he ever forwarded us the promised paperwork ... Why he wouldn't accept a cheque i'll never know ....

You're being totally disingenuous and it's looking very silly now. You openly boasted in your previous post about receiving "many things , lead , stone , power tools and so on all at the taxpayers expense" from a BR maintenance employee and quipped about it being "the good old days". So either you did..........or were simply cooking up a wild untruthful story.

Rather than blindly blunder on making it worse than you already have, i'd suggest you go for the easy way out by admitting the latter. I know that's hard for you and a harsh lesson, but you have to learn.

You sound like an old school teacher "a harsh less , but you will have to learn" ... Bet you liked the caning dint ya ??? ... Your babbling posts only bore me and everyone else so for once and it will be a first because were still waiting for your POTUS Trump proof show me where I said I knew the goods were stolen ??? Can you show that and really a simple yes or no will do

Looks pretty clear from your post they were stolen and you benefitted from it. You can't take that back. So now you are trying to change the subject to caning in schools / POTUS Trump / whatever /, which only adds to the suspicion and makes you look silly. When you are in a hole, stop digging :D

Is there any reason to think there was more theft when the railway was in public ownership? If there was I guess its because they didn't have the technology then (CCTV, indelible hidden marking etc) to stop it - as well as requiring scrap merchants to identify and record all their suppliers which has had a huge effect on reducing theft. So even if there was more theft when it was nationalised, it would be wrong to assume nationalisation was the reason for it. In fact there must be more stigma in stealing from the public, than stealing from an unprincipled private company with absurdly overpaid directors?

Is that why you are now scrabbling to distance yourself from it?

John52 - 2018-03-12 7:32 AM

Looks pretty clear from your post they were stolen and you benefitted from it. You can't take that back. So now you are trying to change the subject to caning in schools / POTUS Trump / whatever /, which only adds to the suspicion and makes you look silly. When you are in a hole, stop digging :D

Is there any reason to think there was more theft when the railway was in public ownership? If there was I guess its because they didn't have the technology then (CCTV, indelible hidden marking etc) to stop it - as well as requiring scrap merchants to identify and record all their suppliers which has had a huge effect on reducing theft. So even if there was more theft when it was nationalised, it would be wrong to assume nationalisation was the reason for it. In fact there must be more stigma in stealing from the public, than stealing from an unprincipled private company with absurdly overpaid directors?

Of course I didn't know they were stolen , I used to go to Church as a child and wouldn't knowingly receive or buy stolen goods ... How dare you suggest otherwise ... I never said they were stolen but I'm sure you can show me where I said that can't you ... Maybe if your so sure I've knowingly received stolen goods you could inform the law ... Your accusing me of criminality on an open forum that anyone can read maybe you'd like to just tread a little carefully

antony1969 - 2018-03-12 8:14 AM

Of course I didn't know they were stolen , I used to go to Church as a child and wouldn't knowingly receive or buy stolen goods ... How dare you suggest otherwise ... I never said they were stolen but I'm sure you can show me where I said that can't you ... Maybe if your so sure I've knowingly received stolen goods you could inform the law ... Your accusing me of criminality on an open forum that anyone can read maybe you'd like to just tread a little carefully

Look again. I haven't said any more about that than you have. You said "he supplied us with many things , lead , stone , power tools and so on all at the taxpayers expense.."

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-03-12 8:31 AM

Look again. I haven't said any more about that than you have. You said "he supplied us with many things , lead , stone , power tools and so on all at the taxpayers expense.."

Nothing about them being stolen ;-) .........I used to have loads of stuff with the Pussers arrow on it >:-) .........

I never stole it, they just never asked for it back :D ..........

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-03-12 9:49 AM

pelmetman - 2018-03-12 8:52 AM

Nothing about them being stolen

quoted it , then he said it again here

I didn't know they were stolen

That still doesn't mean they "were" stolen ;-) ..........

Looks like I've discovered pedantry 8-) .........

You've taught me well Peter B-) ..........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-03-12 11:02 AM

I bet all the roofs in Uddersfield look like a patchwork quilt of old railway lines and sleepers. (lol)

That's what they call a thatched cottage Ooop Norf :D .........

You didn't say "Looks pretty clear from your post they were stolen and you benefited from It" ??? ... I hope your not accusing me of knowingly benefitting from purchasing stolen products Peter and I sincerely hope you mean I may have been the victim of unknowingly purchasing stolen gear because at no point in this discussion have I said they were stolen ... You and Bulletgay have told.me they were stolen

You sound like an old school teacher "a harsh lesson , but you will have to learn" ... Bet you liked the caning dint ya ??? ...

You reap what you sow. ;-)

I see Pelmets nominated himself as 'lawyer' for the defence which can only end in disaster! Especially with the only mitigation offered being, "i used to go to Church as a child". *-)

Good luck with that one!!

Last night i gave him the option of admitting to cooking up a wild untruthful story and quietly withdrawing, but oh no, instead he just blindly blunders on! *-)

Bulletguy - 2018-03-12 1:30 PM

You sound like an old school teacher "a harsh lesson , but you will have to learn" ... Bet you liked the caning dint ya ??? ...

I see Pelmets nominated himself as 'lawyer' for the defence which can only end in disaster! Especially with the only mitigation offered being, "i used to go to Church as a child". *-)

Last night i gave him the option of admitting to cooking up a wild untruthful story and quietly withdrawing, but oh no, instead he just blindly blunders on! *-)

Last night "you gave me the option" ... Can I guess that you live on your own and another guess that most of your family live miles away ??? ... You do have something to back up your claim I knew the goods I purchased were stolen I presume or do you have nothing to add other than the above nonsense ???

antony1969 - 2018-03-12 1:54 PM

Last night "you gave me the option" ...

Correct.

Can I guess that you live on your own and another guess that most of your family live miles away ??? ...

I know Pelmet is a wino but it looks like you've been breakfasting on Newcastle Browns here. :-S

You do have something to back up your claim I knew the goods I purchased were stolen I presume or do you have nothing to add other than the above nonsense ???

You said as such in the post you made, then later backtracked when i pointed out your clanger........unless it was just another of your made up stories? Maybe better if you'd admitted to that than blindly blunder on. ;-)

Bulletguy - 2018-03-12 2:04 PM

antony1969 - 2018-03-12 1:54 PM

Last night "you gave me the option" ...

Correct.

Can I guess that you live on your own and another guess that most of your family live miles away ??? ...

I know Pelmet is a wino but it looks like you've been breakfasting on Newcastle Browns here. :-S

You do have something to back up your claim I knew the goods I purchased were stolen I presume or do you have nothing to add other than the above nonsense ???

You said as such in the post you made, then later backtracked when i pointed out your clanger........unless it was just another of your made up stories? Maybe better if you'd admitted to that than blindly blunder on. ;-)

"wino , newcastle brown" ... What on earth are you on about or is that some kind of clue as to why you live all alone ??? ... What your other riddle is about God only knows

This thread is comedy genius. One of the best ever! I should be working but its just too good to miss. Keep em coming. (lol)

We should refer to it in future as "Rail Gate". Which could be closer to the truth as I had a look at Antonys front gate on Google Streetview earlier (Bullet sent me a link) and it looks like its made of old railway lines to me. Just sayin

I Took a snap shot of his back garden gate. I think hes taking the pish a bit sticking that old sign over the sleepers though. Looks nice!

612168248_AntonysRailGategate.jpg.3cad3b54801997b585c363ef43f02dd2.jpg

Barryd999 - 2018-03-12 4:11 PM

This thread is comedy genius. One of the best ever! I should be working but its just too good to miss. Keep em coming. (lol)

We should refer to it in future as "Rail Gate". Which could be closer to the truth as I had a look at Antonys front gate on Google Streetview earlier (Bullet sent me a link) and it looks like its made of old railway lines to me. Just sayin

I Took a snap shot of his back garden gate. I think hes taking the pish a bit sticking that old sign over the sleepers though. Looks nice!

Haha ... Thats funny fats , sorry Barry ... Of course all Bulletgays jokes seen as its British Rail related don't turn up on time ... Those sleepers I paid cash for off Dodgy Derek down at the depot ... Shame he got sent down , never did find out why ... I paved all my back garden with proper Yorkshire stone flags from British Rail , all delivered late at night in the dark ... They don't half work till late them lads ... Happy days

Guest pelmetman

Talking of British Rail ;-) .......er in doors got a temping job for them back in the mid 90's........it involved going to a porter cabin full of railway workers 8-) ........

She was a typist .......turned out she didn't have to do nuffink *-) .......

But they had an allowance for a typist, and newspapers, meals, etc etc .........

So she didn't do any work there for the few week before boredom got the better of her......she can't recall any of them doing any work >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-03-12 7:54 PM

Talking of British Rail ;-) .......er in doors got a temping job for them back in the mid 90's........it involved going to a porter cabin full of railway workers 8-) ........

But they had an allowance for a typist, and newspapers, meals, etc etc .........

So she didn't do any work there for the few week before boredom got the better of her......she can't recall any of them doing any work >:-) .........

Well there was less work to do when it was all run by one company - instead of thousands all trying to milk the system and blame each other. So parts of it were overmanned. Some people overpaid although nothing like the company CEOs today. I'd rather give a bit extra to the workers than the absurd sums paid to them.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-03-13 3:06 AM

Well there was less work to do when it was all run by one company - instead of thousands all trying to milk the system and blame each other. So parts of it were overmanned. Some people overpaid although nothing like the company CEOs today. I'd rather give a bit extra to the workers than the absurd sums paid to them.

So pay them even more for doing nothing ;-) ........How very trade unionist (lol) ........

pelmetman - 2018-03-13 9:15 AM

So pay them even more for doing nothing ;-) ........How very trade unionist (lol) ........

..and what would you call the absurd bonuses paid to the bosses of the privatiised rail companies

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-03-13 9:34 AM

..and what would you call the absurd bonuses paid to the bosses of the privatiised rail companies

Do they not pay tax on those bonuses? :-| .........

pelmetman - 2018-03-13 9:44 AM

John52 - 2018-03-13 9:34 AM

Do they not pay tax on those bonuses? :-| .........

Not as much as the union man pays in income tax when they are given as share dividends, share options etc. Or like your 'newspaper' owners residing in one of Her Majesty's Tax Havens, trying to disdcredit the EU and Jeremy Corbyn before they make the super rich pay tax like the rest of us.

"Porter cabin"?? :-S

When i traveled by train station porters were based on the platforms. :-S

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

malc d

It may be that they couldn't start work because their Portakabin hadn't turned up.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-03-13 3:43 PM

"Porter cabin"?? :-S

When i traveled by train station porters were based on the platforms. :-S

Are you Knit picking?.....or Nit Picking?.......

Coz If I was I'd point out your lack of a "L"in travelled :D .......

Archived