the EGR recall work done?

Just managed to book the van in from December

Our local Fiat dealer has been absolutely rubbish

Finally got it booked in 15/3/2018,only to have

the dealer cancel,not able to do it until end

of April.......I’m I the only one ????

??????

In short, no.

We went back to the dealer to have some habitation warranty work carried out on our new motorhome and they said there was a recall (in fact 2 items, I seem to remember) and they would be doing it at the same time. That was Monday last and they rang Thursday to say it was ready - all the work done.

I guess you are stuck with a poor dealership, plus perhaps it's not a very lucrative job for them. If memory serves me correctly, our dealer did say that if the worst case scenario came up (part of EGR duct already broken?) it was a 6 hour job and the Fiat allowance was woeful.

Easy to say from the standpoint of one who's had no difficulty but is there any point in contacting Fiat directly and stating the case - or a better dealer?

Good luck.

Will

Local Fiat dealer checked van 4 weeks ago and finally having EGR pipe replaced on Tuesday, weather permitting. They did say they were very busy, and this recall taking 4 hours work to fix has set them back when it comes to “normal” work, fleet servicing etc.

Charlie boy - 2018-03-16 11:06 AM

Cor blimey,any body else having trouble getting

??????

Sorry to hear about your problems but must say you have made me feel lot better.

Had to wait 7 weeks from time of booking in (Dec 10th) to getting job finished (30th Jan) at FIAT Professional in Faro, Portugal. Only got it done then by telling a small porky that we were due back home in England first week in Feb. Considering they had told me not to drive the vehicle (which I had been doing small trips) they really had to get it done. Took from 09:10 to 17:40 to get the EGR and the emissions update done.

Have read on other forums some having long waits at certain dealers in UK.

Good Luck

BRIMAL - 2018-03-18 6:56 PM

Charlie boy - 2018-03-16 11:06 AM

Cor blimey,any body else having trouble getting

??????

Sorry to hear about your problems but must say you have made me feel lot better.

Had to wait 7 weeks from time of booking in (Dec 10th) to getting job finished (30th Jan) at FIAT Professional in Faro, Portugal. Only got it done then by telling a small porky that we were due back home in England first week in Feb. Considering they had told me not to drive the vehicle (which I had been doing small trips) they really had to get it done. Took from 09:10 to 17:40 to get the EGR and the emissions update done.

Have read on other forums some having long waits at certain dealers in UK.

Good Luck

Well Brimal I think you did well. Our vehicle was inspected on January 15th and relevant parts ordered. Our daughter who speaks fluent Portuguese has chased them for over two months to get the work done. It was finally completed by the same garage in Faro today after leaving it at 9am and collecting at 5pm.

Did you get any paperwork on completion, I asked but was told it was not necessary as it is logged on the computer with Fiat. Due to their recommendation not to drive it we have clocked up about 30klms in over two months. Not exactly what we purchased a home on "wheels" for !

Is anyone getting paperwork for your records stating what was done etc.

I asked and was told no, it's logged on to the computer and sent off to Fiat.

If not is there a website that you can check to see if recall work has been completed other than the Fiat app?

I believe you will not get paperwork for any ‘safety-recall’ task carried out by Fiat, nor will there be a website that YOU can access that will confirm what recall-tasks have been performed.

However, if you provide a Fiat agent with your vehicle’s VIN-number, the agent should be able to produce a print-out that carries such information.

The print-out I have for my Ducato-based Rapido shows ‘Chassis’ details (the date the chassis was delivered to Rapido, the date the warranty started, etc.) and ‘Options’ (electric mirrors, cab-seat swivels, widened track, etc.).

The print-out also has a ‘Campaign’ section that relates to safety-recalls. In my Rapido’s case that section has an entry for the ignition-switch-related recall that affected Ducatos built from 01/10/2014 through 11/12/2015, and shows that a repair took place on 19/04/2016.

My Rapido also had its instrument-cluster replaced due to the well-publicised spurious warning-lights issue, but as this was done under warranty and not as the result of a safety-recall ‘campaign’, the instrument-cluster replacement is not mentioned on the print-out.

Back to basic, in case of a ford transit from turkey you can read in what situation your chassis was and all details fitted The word less not fitted is common in comparison to a complte transit. Your house builder starts to work and puts anything you want, and give you a worn plastic bag of all things fitted and wish you good luck. Not even a proper manual in the right language of the whole thing as Built whit a certificate what is really in there. They can not provide a as built drawing as your house by the architect. But it can be at the same price. But they have it on 3d and cad on their computers, And you can kook for hours where your camping gas bottle is stored or your fresh tank in a westfalia van. shame on them.

I have had a recall letter from Fiat for an intercooler sleeve collar (dont ask).

I havnt had a recall for the EGR. Motorhome purchased new in 2017.

I purchased a Swift escape 674. The first issue I had was the drop down bed. Very difficult to move. This coincided with a recall from swift for a bed fitment. The engineer from swift came to me to do the job. How ever he pointed out that the bed issue wasnt the bit he had come to replace .

He looked over the vehicle and found seven other issues such as bad fitting of side skirt and roof light incorrectly fitted. even spotted the bathroom tap was loose and hadnt been fitted properly.

He reported back to swift who arranged for the vehicle to go back to them to have all the work done.

They had it for 6 weeks, it is now safly back with me.

Excellent service from Swift, I have no complaints about that. however I would ask as to why these issues were not picked up before leaving the factory and also why they were not picked up by the dealer before selling it to me.

Regarding Fiat dealers. the reason they cant do all recall work is because some motorhomes cant get into the service areas if they have to go up on ramps. my local dealer said they could do the intercooler bit but not the EGR

The intercooler-related recall was mentioned here last month

http://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Another-fiat-x290-Euro6-recall-/48656/

The alert has yet to be appear on the DVSA recall website, but it is shown here

https://tinyurl.com/ydhl6mog

and there’s more ‘technical’ detail on this (Australian) webpage

https://www.caradvice.com.au/620943/fiat-ducato-recalled-for-intercooler-fix/

Archived