Brexit. The public need to re-engage

Barryd999

Bulletguy - 2018-05-01 2:27 PM

antony1969 - 2018-05-01 6:54 AM

Unfortunately it seems a bunch of unelected dinosaurs and a very weak Government aren't going to make good on what most of those who voted Leave voted for ... I have to agree it looks like their will be no winners only losers but the biggest loser is democracy ...

Respecting parliamentary sovereignty was something you Brexiters kept cooing about 'protecting' and 'keeping British'. You can't keep dismissing it each time you don't get your own way over something. After all that wouldn't be democratic would it? ;-)

You can show me where I "kept cooing" about what you say can't you ??? ... Your remark suggests that my good self as a Brexiteer did it more than once so they'll be easy to find ... Not another all.mouth and no trousers moment again I hope

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what it would take to turn it all

On is head and get the government, the people and the EU United. If the EU were to offer some kind of reform on say free movement that offered

More control to all countries or countries that can prove they are "over subscribed" would that shift the balance enough? If the government could then Unite and the present that to the public would it be enough? the Eu don't want us to leave, we now know it's going to be very damaging, half of us at least want to stay and a majority want a soft Brexit deal with single market access.

What would it take to satisfy the majority and still remain in the EU?

I wouldn't be surprised if the EU has a carrot

To dangle at some point. They know it would be best for all if we stayed.

Unfortunately it seems a bunch of unelected dinosaurs and a very weak Government aren't going to make good on what most of those who voted Leave voted for ... I have to agree it looks like their will be no winners only losers but the biggest loser is democracy ... For the first time ever I wont be voting Tory and will probably just spoil my voting slip on Thursday ... I still want Brexit to go through and if it means we are in some half baked neither in or out then so be it and if that damages the country i'll take much pleasure out of that ... We fully deserve that damage

But, why is that government weak? What prevented them from getting the forecast majority?

Thursday are council elections. It may give the government a sharp prod if, as forecast (sorry! :-)), they lose a bunch of seats, but the next general election is years off.................................unless!!

Damages the country how, exactly? All (Brexiter!) government projections are that Britain will be economically stronger in, than it would be out. Is having a stronger economy damaging?

How do we "deserve" that damage, and why would you take "much pleasure" from that? I thought you had voted for Brexit because you thought (though on what basis I don't know) it would be "good" for the UK. So, does good mean economically weaker, and do you really mean you'll be happy watching your fellow countrymen getting worse off?

antony1969 - 2018-05-01 2:40 PM

Unfortunately it seems a bunch of unelected dinosaurs and a very weak Government aren't going to make good on what most of those who voted Leave voted for ... I have to agree it looks like their will be no winners only losers but the biggest loser is democracy ...

Respecting parliamentary sovereignty was something you Brexiters kept cooing about 'protecting' and 'keeping British'. You can't keep dismissing it each time you don't get your own way over something. After all that wouldn't be democratic would it? ;-)

You can show me where I "kept cooing" about what you say can't you ??? ... Your remark suggests that my good self as a Brexiteer did it more than once so they'll be easy to find ... Not another all.mouth and no trousers moment again I hope

Oh dear here we go again *-) You really need to learn about debate, context and basic grammatical comprehension! *-)

Bulletguy - 2018-05-01 6:39 PM

Oh dear here we go again *-) You really need to learn about debate, context and basic grammatical comprehension! *-)

Me thinks it might be yourself that needs to learn a thing or two ... Lets start by backing up what you claim ... Here and on another thread ... We might be waiting some time

antony1969 - 2018-05-01 7:33 PM

Me thinks it might be yourself that needs to learn a thing or two ... Lets start by backing up what you claim ... Here and on another thread ... We might be waiting some time

It's hardly rocket science. *-)

Anyone who read the post could easily see i did not write, "Antony said this and Antony said that" etc. I wrote, "Respecting parliamentary sovereignty was something you Brexiters kept cooing about..".

17,410,742 voted Brexit......not just you. *-)

Bulletguy - 2018-05-01 8:20 PM

Anyone who read the post could easily see i did not write, "Antony said this and Antony said that" etc. I wrote, "Respecting parliamentary sovereignty was something you Brexiters kept cooing about..".

That's fine but given your track history of calling me names that you refuse to back up with proof or saying I've said something I haven't and given that you responded directly to my post and quoted me in your response I think I can be forgiven in thinking you meant me ... Which you did

antony1969 - 2018-05-01 8:52 PM

That's fine but given your track history of calling me names....

Boohoo....pot calling kettle!! (lol)

Bulletguy - 2018-05-01 9:34 PM

Difference is I don't go running to Duncan when I get called a name I don't like or the one calling the name fails to produce proof to back it up ... Sweet dreams Princess

antony1969 - 2018-05-02 7:38 AM

Difference is I don't go running to Duncan when I get called a name I don't like or the one calling the name fails to produce proof to back it up ... Sweet dreams Princess

If you don't like "kept cooing" being referenced to Brexiters then you are a lot thinner skinned and delicate than i ever imagined! There is also a chasm of difference between that and what you posted which i'd advise you desist from now trying to compare...for your own good if nothing else.

Bulletguy - 2018-05-02 1:35 PM

antony1969 - 2018-05-02 7:38 AM

If you don't like "kept cooing" being referenced to Brexiters then you are a lot thinner skinned and delicate than i ever imagined! There is also a chasm of difference between that and what you posted which i'd advise you desist from now trying to compare...for your own good if nothing else.

Dont remember saying I dont like what you claim I dont like ??? ... Your last bit smells like some kind of threat ???

Archived