Cooking with only a hob

peterjl

We are on our fourth motorhome. The first had two rings only, the second, three rings only,(they were both german) the third (by our choice as we opted out the oven in favour of more storage ) two rings and a grill and our current one three rings and a combined grill/oven.

The sole reason we got an oven in our current one was that the lack of oven was perceived as an issue when we sold our third van privately.

Two rings and a Remoska were adequate for the simple needs of travelling life. The only downside as you have said is that you needs mains for the Remoska. As Brian says it is rare to use three rings simultaneously.

You can access an MMM article about our current van through the East Neuk Campervans website.It makes some comments about the oven.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that Cadac has been mentioned (may have missed it)

We have a Cadac Safari chef 2. Packs up small in a carry bag, has several cooking styles, ring, BbQ, griddle, wok, slow cooker.

Takes a number of gas connections, I use a gas hose quick release fitting to change between regulators or gas disposable cans. A slight mod to the plastic folding legs enable the folding down fully, About. 7 mm hole to fit over the gas quick release.

Easy to clean with non stick surfaces.

Takes cooking smells outside,

One down side is that the burner wind shield may not be too effient in windy weather and needs help. I made a carry box with doors and top that acts as storage, and windshield.

Rgds

Archived