loose wire and loom in battery box Citroen relay

trialsrider

When I was investigating my split charge circuitry on my 2014 Citroen relay I discovered a loose negative lead which is part of a wiring loom. I'm going to try and attach a photo. Any idea what it is from ? I'm wondering if it is something to do with the seat belt alarms ?

The black wire comes off a series of cables which has a plug on the end. The black wire has a battery terminal.ring attached so it must be designed to go on the negative of the drive battery.

To attach a file to a posting on this forum, the file-size should not exceed 100 kilobytes.

If the file-size is above 100KB you’ll get some sort of error message.

(I find that I may have to submit a sub-100KB file twice or even three times before the attachment process succeeds, with an error message appearing each time the procedure fails. I have a feeling other forum-members experience a similar problem.)

Derek Uzzell - 2018-05-13 9:00 AM

To attach a file to a posting on this forum, the file-size should not exceed 100 kilobytes.

If the file-size is above 100KB you’ll get some sort of error message.

(I find that I may have to submit a sub-100KB file twice or even three times before the attachment process succeeds, with an error message appearing each time the procedure fails. I have a feeling other forum-members may have the same problem.)

No error message appears. It looks like its worked but no photo appears.

Derek Uzzell - 2018-05-13 9:25 AM

After you’ve clicked on the SUBMIT button to attach the file, do you get a red message confirming that the file has been successfully attached?

If you don’t, then it hasn’t...

No message. Just realized photo is 1.4mb and I have no idea how to make it less with this phone.

trialsrider - 2018-05-13 9:48 AM

No message. Just realized photo is 1.4mb and I have no idea how to make it less with this phone.

Try emailing it to yourself and selecting a smaller size when asked.

Keith.

Unless I have mis-understood, wiring looms are often multi purpose and it is not unusual to find cables that seem to go nowhere with a connector of some sort on the end to prevent short circuit.

If it all works OK as is I would be inclined to leave it alone?

Deneb - 2018-05-13 12:52 PM

Additional vehicle battery option connection. Standard on many motorhome conversion looms but rarely used by converters. Just keep it tucked away from the battery terminals.

Thanks for clearing it up. Many thanks.

Archived