6 to 6.5 Mtr motorhome

mel64

If you find any, post them on here. I have been considering downsizing but have not spotted any on the road or on sites that would fit the bill. I don't want a panel van conversion and the only coachbuilt that looks OK from a distance is a Benimar. Unfortunately Marquis are the sole agents for Benimar, so I will not be bothering.

MMM magazine carries a regular article on 'Secondhandchoice' which gives an idea of what is available. The June issue did second hand Bunk Bed motorhomes, July did Microcampers. I've not see an article covering motorhome lengths or seatbelts in the back copies I have but there must be some of them in those articles that meet the needs.

An alternative is to peruse the 'Motorhome for Sale' section on this website or email Rachel Stothert, Deputy Editor, through the Contacts page.

I know Hymer, Rapido and Pilote have 6m long A-classes. The Hymer has 4 travel seats and is 3 berth which mirrors the Rapido and Pilote models I've seen in the past.

mel64 - 2018-05-30 8:12 PM

Does anybody know a book or mag that shows what on offer in the second-hand market, must 6.5 or less and have three seat belts?

What age or price range are you looking for?

AutoTrail have made several models under 6.5 m long, for example our Cheyenne is 6.5 m and some models, like the Trackers, where shorter from memory.

There are a lot of reviews on the main OAL website which you can search by layout, price, etc.. but unfortunately not be length.

https://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/motorhomes/reviews/motorhomes/?utm_source=outaboutliveforum&utm_medium=navigationbar&utm_campaign=reviews

Keith.

HymerB584, 6.05m

Not new, but ours has proved reliable and has had only one owner and has all paperwork. 53 reg although actually picked up in January 2004 (in the snow!). It ships at 6m plus bike rack.

Numerous manufacturer's have low profile coachbuilt models in your length range (even greater if you can live with 6.6m) with 4seats 3berth configurations.

Adria/Sunliving

Burstner

Chasson

Dethleffs/Sunlight

Hymer/Carado

Hobby

Pilote

Rapido

to name a few.

(the 2nd name on each line above denotes the1st named budget model range, where models aged 2 to 4 years old could be achieved within your budget)

The problem with some UK manufacturers is their preponderance for inward facing longitudinal lounge seats eliminating rear belted seats.

Elddis do have a model with a fold away forward facing seat but IMHO it drastically reduces storage.

mel64 - 2018-05-30 8:12 PM

Does anybody know a book or mag that shows what on offer in the second-hand market, must 6.5 or less and have three seat belts?

Do you want three ‘belted’ seats overall (Ie. the two cab seats + one belted seat in the habitation area), or three belted seats in the habitation area + the two cab seats (ie. five belted seats overall)?

With a £40K budget, there should be plenty of choice of 2014-or-later motorhomes no longer than 6.5m and with three belted seats overall (my 2015 Rapido 640F for example) but there will be far fewer maximum-6.5m-long models with five (or more) belted seats.

I hesitate to say this, but surely you must have some idea what type of motorhome you plan to ‘downsize’ to?

It would be possible to find any number of panel-van conversion (PVC) designs sub-£40K and sub-6.5m-long with a couple of belted seats in the rear (4 belted seats overall), but PVCs with five belted seats would be much rarer. Short ‘coachbuilt’ designs with five belted seats should be more available, but there still won’t be hordes of them.

I have a French “Camping-Car” magazine that lists motorhomes available on the French market for the 2014 model-year and the listing gives the vehicle type (A-class, ‘coachbuilt’ or PVC) and its length and passenger-carrying capability (which should equate to the number of belted seats) - but, of course, UK-built motorhomes are not covered. Most Continental motorhome manufacturers have built shortish models with four belted seats and a few have built models with five or more.

Archived