antony1969 - 2018-09-12 4:22 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-09-12 4:13 PM

antony1969 - 2018-09-12 3:41 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-09-12 3:17 PM

pelmetman - 2018-09-12 1:11 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-09-12 12:52 PM

pelmetman - 2018-09-12 11:14 AM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45481485

As the cheap labour taps are starting to turn off ;-) ............

So the UK workers wages increase B-) ...........

Hmm. Thats odd as immigration has not really gone down. EU workers are leaving in droves but None EU immigration (as predicted) has shot up to compensate. Still, you will be able to recognise the funny foreigners easier if we leave the EU as they will be a different colour.

"Net migration has fallen from the peak levels seen in 2015 and 2016 and has remained broadly stable since."

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration/bulletins/migrationstatisticsquarterlyreport/august2018

:D ...........

Immigration was always going to peak though. People come here to work and we are almost at full employment. All that has happened is you have seen a sharp drop off of EU Workers and a sharp increase of None EU workers to replace them. Estimated non-EU net migration is now 227,000 a year, the highest level recorded since 2011.

Im not sure those that voted for Brexit because of Immigration will be too pleased with that happening. Still, at least you will be able to spot them easier and cross the road or summut.

Is that what you do with the rich or better off than you that you dislike ??? ... See a nice suit , hear a posh voice and to t''other side of road ya go

Well I would be pretty stuffed if what you were saying was remotely true. Most people I know are considerably more wealthy than me and I know a lot of posh people. I dunno where you get this idea from that I dont like wealthy posh people. Ive been surrounded by them all my life.

Its prolly the same place you get the idea that Brexit voters are racist or insinuate they are ... As in " At least you will be able to spot them easier and cross the road" ... [b[Those posh people youve been surrounded by all your life do you call em the names you call Mr Rees Mogg for being posh and wealthy ??? ..[/b]. Thought not princess

No because the people I know and associate with are generally not selfish self centred Dickensian bell ends otherwise I wouldnt associate with them would I? It makes no difference to me how posh or wealthy Smuggy is I just deplore him both as an individual for his dreadful views and for his stance on Brexit and the way he is trying to con the people of this nation for his own gain. Being an MP isnt even his main job. Ask yourself why he is in such a position of power. Personally I couldnt care less if he was an ex Irish Navvy with the same goals and views, he would still be a self centred Dickensian bell end.

I couldnt give a toss about class Antony or wealth. Its pretty classless up here. The farm labourers drink at the bar with the Lords and Lady's of the manner and everyone gets on fine. I do care about this country though and the people, Smuggy however clearly does not.

So take away his Brexit views which you suggest is a side issue what are the views you say you deplore for him as an individual ... Remember youve put views so you must have a few up your sleeve ... by the way you dont "care about the people" of this country because as youve said many times you want us to house more refugees and where do those refugees go 99 times out of a hundred ??? To the people who dont want em that you claim to care about ... Go figure

Well lets start with the fact that he is on record of stating that Abortion should be illegal even in the case of Rape, he also is opposed to Gay Marriage, climate change denier; voted against a bankers’ bonus tax, wants to repeal the Human rights act, defends zero hour contracts and pretty much wants to deregulate workers rights post Brexit, (Ooops sorry thats Brexit related), attended and spoke at a racist far right group dinner (Although he later tried to disassociate himself with them), wants a law passed that all Somerset council workers should wear bowler hats. (lol)

Will that do for starters?

Your right though, that my main reason for disliking him (as if thats not enough) is his selfish reasons for promoting a hard Brexit. He cares not one jot about the likes of you or your family. Its people like him that have ruined the Tory party and trying to lead it down a very dark path.

As for refugees, I have constantly said I dont think they should all be dumped in the same areas and all I have asked is that we take our fair share of genuine asylum seekers who are genuinely fleeing war zones.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barryd999 - 2018-09-12 9:26 PM

antony1969 - 2018-09-12 7:20 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-09-12 6:19 PM

Hmm. Thats odd as immigration has not really gone down. EU workers are leaving in droves but None EU immigration (as predicted) has shot up to compensate. Still, you will be able to recognise the funny foreigners easier if we leave the EU as they will be a different colour.

"Net migration has fallen from the peak levels seen in 2015 and 2016 and has remained broadly stable since."

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration/bulletins/migrationstatisticsquarterlyreport/august2018

Immigration was always going to peak though. People come here to work and we are almost at full employment. All that has happened is you have seen a sharp drop off of EU Workers and a sharp increase of None EU workers to replace them. Estimated non-EU net migration is now 227,000 a year, the highest level recorded since 2011.

Im not sure those that voted for Brexit because of Immigration will be too pleased with that happening. Still, at least you will be able to spot them easier and cross the road or summut.

Is that what you do with the rich or better off than you that you dislike ??? ... See a nice suit , hear a posh voice and to t''other side of road ya go

Well I would be pretty stuffed if what you were saying was remotely true. Most people I know are considerably more wealthy than me and I know a lot of posh people. I dunno where you get this idea from that I dont like wealthy posh people. Ive been surrounded by them all my life.

Its prolly the same place you get the idea that Brexit voters are racist or insinuate they are ... As in " At least you will be able to spot them easier and cross the road" ... [b[Those posh people youve been surrounded by all your life do you call em the names you call Mr Rees Mogg for being posh and wealthy ??? ..[/b]. Thought not princess

No because the people I know and associate with are generally not selfish self centred Dickensian bell ends otherwise I wouldnt associate with them would I? It makes no difference to me how posh or wealthy Smuggy is I just deplore him both as an individual for his dreadful views and for his stance on Brexit and the way he is trying to con the people of this nation for his own gain. Being an MP isnt even his main job. Ask yourself why he is in such a position of power. Personally I couldnt care less if he was an ex Irish Navvy with the same goals and views, he would still be a self centred Dickensian bell end.

I couldnt give a toss about class Antony or wealth. Its pretty classless up here. The farm labourers drink at the bar with the Lords and Lady's of the manner and everyone gets on fine. I do care about this country though and the people, Smuggy however clearly does not.

So take away his Brexit views which you suggest is a side issue what are the views you say you deplore for him as an individual ... Remember youve put views so you must have a few up your sleeve ... by the way you dont "care about the people" of this country because as youve said many times you want us to house more refugees and where do those refugees go 99 times out of a hundred ??? To the people who dont want em that you claim to care about ... Go figure

Well lets start with the fact that he is on record of stating that Abortion should be illegal even in the case of Rape, he also is opposed to Gay Marriage, climate change denier; voted against a bankers’ bonus tax, wants to repeal the Human rights act, defends zero hour contracts and pretty much wants to deregulate workers rights post Brexit, (Ooops sorry thats Brexit related), attended and spoke at a racist far right group dinner (Although he later tried to disassociate himself with them), wants a law passed that all Somerset council workers should wear bowler hats. (lol)

Your right though, that my main reason for disliking him (as if thats not enough) is his selfish reasons for promoting a hard Brexit. He cares not one jot about the likes of you or your family. Its people like him that have ruined the Tory party and trying to lead it down a very dark path.

As for refugees, I have constantly said I dont think they should all be dumped in the same areas and all I have asked is that we take our fair share of genuine asylum seekers who are genuinely fleeing war zones.

Hes a Catholic and believes that any child conceived during a rape should not be punished by death for the crimes that have gone before ... Its not a position I take but I salute him for being brave enough to be honest with his opinion , In many parts of the Muslim world you love so victims of rape are stoned to death so hes hardly going anywhere near that is he ... His religious beliefs mean he believes that marriage is between a man and a woman and the children that may bring , gays as far as I know cant have children together so therefore he is against gay marriage but not against gays themselves and has never said such ... Strange you deplore him for his view on gay marriage yet never mention how you deplore Islam for hating gays full stop , really strange that one ... Hes a climate change sceptic Barry not your Hollywood headline "denier" ... Like him I believe climate change isnt all down to naughty old us and much of it is a natural change thats happened umpteen times before ... The dinner he had he apologised for and has made it very clear it was a mistake , strange you dont condemn Corbyn for the stuff hes done ... The rest of it is just guff ... So to be fair I still dont get why you hate him as an individual so much but I guess it has more to do with his wealth and his posh accent than anything else ... The refugees do get dumped in the same areas Barry its a fact and you and I both know it so therefore those people you claim to care for and who dont want em still get em while you in your caring way have none in your village or what could be even more caring in your own home

antony1969 - 2018-09-13 6:32 AM

Hes a Catholic and believes that any child conceived during a rape should not be punished by death for the crimes that have gone before ... Its not a position I take but I salute him for being brave enough to be honest with his opinion , In many parts of the Muslim world you love so victims of rape are stoned to death so hes hardly going anywhere near that is he ... His religious beliefs mean he believes that marriage is between a man and a woman and the children that may bring , gays as far as I know cant have children together so therefore he is against gay marriage but not against gays themselves and has never said such ... Strange you deplore him for his view on gay marriage yet never mention how you deplore Islam for hating gays full stop , really strange that one ... Hes a climate change sceptic Barry not your Hollywood headline "denier" ... Like him I believe climate change isnt all down to naughty old us and much of it is a natural change thats happened umpteen times before ... The dinner he had he apologised for and has made it very clear it was a mistake , strange you dont condemn Corbyn for the stuff hes done ... The rest of it is just guff ... So to be fair I still dont get why you hate him as an individual so much but I guess it has more to do with his wealth and his posh accent than anything else ... The refugees do get dumped in the same areas Barry its a fact and you and I both know it so therefore those people you claim to care for and who dont want em still get em while you in your caring way have none in your village or what could be even more caring in your own home

Ive explained the reasons I dont like him Antony but you still seem to think oddly its about his wealth and posh accent which I think is just a pi$$ poor attempt to get a rise out of me. I like Richard Branson, he is considerably more wealthy than Smuggy. I have a liking of Posh Totty Antony who speak like the Queen so I dont think the accent puts me off although unlike you I dont find JRM attractive. Im all for capitalism and success Antony just not at the selfish expense of others and definitely not from people who are masquerading as public servants to feather their nests.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-09-13 8:42 AM

Ive explained the reasons I dont like him Antony but you still seem to think oddly its about his wealth and posh accent which I think is just a pi$$ poor attempt to get a rise out of me. I like Richard Branson, he is considerably more wealthy than Smuggy. I have a liking of Posh Totty Antony who speak like the Queen so I dont think the accent puts me off although unlike you I dont find JRM attractive. Im all for capitalism and success Antony just not at the selfish expense of others and definitely not from people who are masquerading as public servants to feather their nests.

I wonder if you'd feel the same about Moggy if he were a Remoaner? ;-) ............Somehow I doubt it *-) ...............

Well my friend in your own words your explanation to why you detest him is pi$$ poor ... What proof you have I'd love to see regarding his self interest in making money off the public while masquerading as a public servant and I did say proof not Barry Hollywood headlines

antony1969 - 2018-09-13 9:42 AM

Well my friend in your own words your explanation to why you detest him is pi$$ poor ... What proof you have I'd love to see regarding his self interest in making money off the public while masquerading as a public servant and I did say proof not Barry Hollywood headlines

The evidence has all been posted before Antony God knows how many times you just dont want to see it or believe it. Thats your choice.

pelmetman - 2018-09-13 8:46 AM

I wonder if you'd feel the same about Moggy if he were a Remoaner? ;-) ............Somehow I doubt it *-) ...............

I would still find his views Abhorrent but lets face it someone like him would never be a "Remoaner" would he?

Why would I single him out over someone like David Davis or Michael Gove for example? Davis is a Brexiteer but I dont hold the same views about him. I dont think he is self serving or Abhorrent, he's just an idiot. I dont think Govey is self serving either and I dont think he is an idiot, he is just wrong although I think he is wavering. Smuggy is a self serving Dickensian sh1t bag. You know that but just wont admit it.

Barryd999 - 2018-09-13 11:05 AM

antony1969 - 2018-09-13 9:42 AM

The evidence has all been posted before Antony God knows how many times you just dont want to see it or believe it. Thats your choice.

Nope ... You've previously posted your view on his get rich quick plan regarding Brexit without showing a dot of evidence to back up that's why he's a Brexiteer ... Having a view which is your right doesn't mean your correct but you have a habit of passing your view off as fact

I wont requote Antony as its getting ridiculously long now but it depends how much evidence you think you need. I am as certain that I am correct about Smuggy as I am the sun will rise tomorrow but I Cannot prove that it will. Its pretty likely that it will and all the evidence to suggest it will rise in the morning is there but I Cannot prove it.

Will you feel better about it if in the future I add IMO after everything I post on here? Smuggy is a self serving sh1t bag that is backing Brexit for his own personal gain and that of his investors (IMO). Most of the ERG if you drill down through their backgrounds and the other jobs a lot of them have are similar (IMO). There is a pattern. (IMO)

Oh Dear.

Bad news for Daily Mail Brexiteers. (lol)

"The Daily Mail has backed Theresa May’s plans for a soft Brexit and described Conservative MPs plotting to oust the prime minister during the negotiations with the EU as “traitors”.

Geordie Greig, a former remain supporter who took over as editor from the arch-Brexiter Paul Dacre last week, appears to be shifting the newspaper’s editorial tone towards support for Downing Street’s Chequers plan."

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/sep/13/daily-mail-backs-theresa-may-brexit-plan-conservative-mps-traitors

Who will they post links from now? The Mail goes all "Right on". Who would have thunk it?

Traitors!! Enemies of the People!!! Lock em up!

They have a big readership.

I don't mind anyone's opinion Barry in fact I welcome difference of opinion what I don't care for is passing off an opinion repeatedly as fact and especially when that opinion passed off as fact blackens someone's character in claiming he's out to wreck the country through Brexit for his own financial gain ... Yet you can't by your own admission present a shred of evidence to back that claim up ... IMO that's not very nice

antony1969 - 2018-09-13 1:58 PM

I don't mind anyone's opinion Barry in fact I welcome difference of opinion what I don't care for is passing off an opinion repeatedly as fact and especially when that opinion passed off as fact blackens someone's character in claiming he's out to wreck the country through Brexit for his own financial gain ... Yet you can't by your own admission present a shred of evidence to back that claim up ... IMO that's not very nice

Not very nice! Give over!! Do you think I might hurt his feelings? Awwwww. Poor little diddy Jacob. Im sure he will survive, unfortunately.

You dont have to search very hard to find similar "opinions".

Rees-Mogg’s hedge fund, Somerset Capital Management, is managed via subsidiaries in the tax havens of the Cayman Islands and Singapore. He has defended the use of such tax havens, saying “I do not believe people have any obligation to pay more tax than the law requires.” And the laws that look set to stand in the way are planned new EU regulations aimed at governing the behaviour of companies such as his own.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/24/no-deal-brexit-poorer-jacob-rees-mogg-dividend

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/brexit-is-about-the-rich-rees-moggs-of-britain-not-anyone-else-1-4896702

I could go on, there are many similar theories. Arron Banks even owned up to it!

Why do so many super rich tax avoiders, investment and hedge funders want such a hard Brexit do you think Antony? Do you suppose its because they are worried about an over stretched NHS, Blue passports or too many immigrants or is it because they stand to own a bigger piece of the pie, avoid new EU tax legislation and make a fortune from disaster capitalism?

Barryd999 - 2018-09-13 2:10 PM

Not very nice! Give over!! Do you think I might hurt his feelings? Awwwww. Poor little diddy Jacob. Im sure he will survive, unfortunately.

Rees-Mogg’s hedge fund, Somerset Capital Management, is managed via subsidiaries in the tax havens of the Cayman Islands and Singapore. He has defended the use of such tax havens, saying “I do not believe people have any obligation to pay more tax than the law requires.” And the laws that look set to stand in the way are planned new EU regulations aimed at governing the behaviour of companies such as his own.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jul/24/no-deal-brexit-poorer-jacob-rees-mogg-dividend

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/brexit-is-about-the-rich-rees-moggs-of-britain-not-anyone-else-1-4896702

I could go on, there are many similar theories. Arron Banks even owned up to it!

Why do so many super rich tax avoiders, investment and hedge funders want such a hard Brexit do you think Antony? Do you suppose its because they are worried about an over stretched NHS, Blue passports or too many immigrants or is it because they stand to own a bigger piece of the pie, avoid new EU tax legislation and make a fortune from disaster capitalism?

I don't think any of us need a history lesson regarding his business interests Barry ... Regarding his tax affairs has he broken the law ??? If so please post up when/where/how much he swindled ... Those big companies in the big sticks you used to work for when you were earning loads of lolly (which is somehow different for you to earn) you don't think they paid as little tax as legally possible or did they just quite willingly pay top dollar tax ???

Guest pelmetman

No doubt our Bazza will never use Amazon or ebay again? >:-) ..........

Seeing as he's suddenly become so holier than thou over Moggy *-) ..........

Guest pelmetman

Excellent news for first time buyers B-) .........

House prices could drop by 35% :D ........

Well done Mr Carney you have prolly single handedly nosedived the housing market until Brexit (lol) .........

antony1969 - 2018-09-13 3:12 PM

Barryd999 - 2018-09-13 2:10 PM

I don't think any of us need a history lesson regarding his business interests Barry ... Regarding his tax affairs has he broken the law ??? If so please post up when/where/how much he swindled ... Those big companies in the big sticks you used to work for when you were earning loads of lolly (which is somehow different for you to earn) you don't think they paid as little tax as legally possible or did they just quite willingly pay top dollar tax ???

Oh dont get me wrong Antony all of us Business men yourself included I imagine want to pay as little tax as possible and I am sure the company I worked for did the same. As long as its legal and above board no problem. The difference is I am not abusing a position of power as an MP and a well known one at that to steer in a hard Brexit to further feather my nest at the expense of the very people I am supposed to represent. What smuggy does with his money and how he earns it is up to him as long as its legal. Good luck to him and I admire anyone who has made a wad but when your money making plans abuse your roll as an MP and are at the expense of the rest of the populace then it needs exposing and stopping.

I think the Daily Mail should now be the new voice of Anti Brexit seeing as its now changed sides. What a respectable paper its become. (lol) The gammons in the basement are revolting. :D

Jacob Reek Smugs hard brexit group is being investigated over allegations of a secret bank account and the allegation are that they are using these undeclared funds to campaign against the chequers plan of the government.

Not declaring funds used for political purposes is very iffy legally and morally.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6165995/Rees-Moggs-hard-Brexit-group-probed-secret-bank-account.html

I am shocked. They look like such a nice respectable group of people the ERG Dont they. All trustworthy and committed to serving the countries best interest.

*-)

Paul- - 2018-09-14 11:20 AM

Mark Carney mentioning that the younger generation will be able to get affordable homes after Brexit was good news to most, but bad news to the buy to rent investors.

Can you post a link to where Carney said 'the younger generation will be able to get affordable homes after Brexit'

The report I read quoting him as saying house prices could fall up to 35% which is not the same thing.

If it was just a fall in house prices it could be a good thing. Many would vote for that If it was a fall in house prices caused by relaxing planning restrictions and increasing housing supply I would be all in favour of that.

But I fear people are not seeing what would cause ithe Brexit house price crash.

Unemployment ... Inflation...High Interest Rates leading to reposession with negative equity..increased homelessness...banking crisis etc which lead to the last financial crisis and astronomically expensive taxpayer funded bank bailouts.

In the Brexit house prices crash prices would fall because those who need them couldn't get gthe money to buy them. The housing and housing benefit crisis would be even worse.

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-09-14 11:41 AM

Paul- - 2018-09-14 11:20 AM

Mark Carney mentioning that the younger generation will be able to get affordable homes after Brexit was good news to most, but bad news to the buy to rent investors.

Can you post a link to where Carney said 'the younger generation will be able to get affordable homes after Brexit'

The report I read quoting him as saying house prices could fall up to 35% which is not the same thing.

If it was just a fall in house prices it could be a good thing. Many would vote for that If it was a fall in house prices caused by relaxing planning restrictions and increasing housing supply I would be all in favour of that.

But I fear people are not seeing what would cause ithe Brexit house price crash.

Unemployment ... Inflation...High Interest Rates leading to reposession with negative equity..increased homelessness...banking crisis etc which lead to the last financial crisis and astronomically expensive taxpayer funded bank bailouts.

In the Brexit house prices crash prices would fall because those who need them couldn't get gthe money to buy them. The housing and housing benefit crisis would be even worse.

Well you could do your bit ;-) ..........

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest pelmetman

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47250753

"Samuel Tombs, chief UK economist at Pantheon Macroeconomics, said: "January's jump in retail sales shows that most households have maintained a happy-go-lucky mentality, despite the fraught political situation."

Just goes to show.......nothing will stop the British from shopping :D .........

Archived