Fiat Ducato order delay

Mediumbird

Hi. I was wondering if anyone else is having the same difficulty we are having? We ordered a new Fiat van through Vantage Motorhomes at the show in October 2017. It is now August 2018 and still no sign of our van at the factory and no idea of when it will arrive. We keep getting told it will be soon but the weeks are passing by....starting to wonder if the order ever existed.....has anyone else experienced this length of delay in getting a new Fiat van for conversions?

Yes, October 2015 order to my spec, Fiat order sheet originally indicated Feb delivery the following year but eventually delivered in August. I've heard that Fiat production delays are increasing again for LWB vans from a few sources.

Thanks for the info. Looks like not unusual then, but maybe potential purchasers should be warned of that length of delay or maybe the conversion companies that use Fiat LWB based vans should consider moving over to other manufacturers with more reliable delivery dates.....not easy I know, but must be hard to plan your factory conversions when you have no vans coming in.....

A few months ago we were told that Fiat were not taking new orders as they had a substantial backlog due to problems with the Euro 6 leading to a number of vans needing recall. Suspect the adblue engine will be coming sooner than originally planned.

Archived