Could Theresa be getting it right?

StuartO

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-09-20 3:07 PM

pelmetman - 2018-09-20 11:40 AM

John52 - 2018-09-20 11:30 AM

pelmetman - 2018-09-20 11:27 AM

More Remoaner surrender monkey Tosh >:-) .........

Not like the £billions of our taxes, - and putting the Irish Border above the rest of us, all going to bribe the DUP to buy Tory votes.

Submitting to DUP Blackmail is not surrender monkey is it *-)

Nope.......It's called politics's.......... and at least those billions are staying in the UK >:-) ..........

Would you have said that if Corbyn had done it *-)

Kinda just shot your whole argument in the foot haven't you Comrade :D ............

(lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StuartO - 2018-09-20 9:07 AM

Theresa is playing it tough herself, to convince EU leaders that UK will be leaving, deal or no deal, so best you get real and avoid biting your noses off to spite your face.I think she's handling this bit very well.

If she had played it tough with the DUP instead of caving in to their Blackmail and giving them £billions of our money to buy herself their votes >:-) they might well have backed down because they wouldn't want to let Corbyn in.

But why would the EU back down when we have got more to lose from a no-deal than they have. ?

Why cave in to the DUP and get tough with the EU? *-)

pelmetman - 2018-09-20 3:14 PM

Not like the £billions of our taxes, - and putting the Irish Border above the rest of us, all going to bribe the DUP to buy Tory votes.

Nope.......It's called politics's.......... and at least those billions are staying in the UK >:-) ..........

Kinda just shot your whole argument in the foot haven't you Comrade :D ............

If Corbyn had given the DUP £billions of our money to buy their votes for himself, would you shrug it off as just politics *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-09-20 3:19 PM

pelmetman - 2018-09-20 3:14 PM

If Corbyn had given the DUP £billions of our money to buy their votes for himself, would you shrug it off as just politics *-)

If Corbyn gets in 8-) ........

The DUP's "billion"......(Not billion's which WILL be spent in the UK) will look like small change to what your Messiah will add to the UK's debt mountain *-) ...........

There seem to be lots of people who have strong, convinced views that either Brexit-come-what-may or Must-remain-EU-or-it-will-be-awful but I find the arguments, if they present arguments at all, of these people unconvincing, indeed I see both lots of extreme viewpoints as pretty much emotionally driven and unsound.  And I don't know enough about the pros and cons to feel able to judge the issues for myself either, so I'm left feeling I have to decide to pick someone to trust to take the Country in the best direction.

I don't trust Boris and I don't trust Jacob, or Michael Gove, or Corbyn, or Kier Starmer or anyone ellse who projects fixed ideas to be acting purely in the Country's best interests - but I do trust Theresa May to try to do that.

So whatever she does, whether it turns out to be settling for no deal or bending with the wind just a bit further during this last phase of negotiations, I'll settle for that.

Guest pelmetman

I'm not actually that fussed about the deal ;-) .......

So long as we leave the EU B-) .......

As I agree with Gove we can sort it out later :D .........

It's pretty obvious why the EU is ramping up the pressure for another vote, because they know Neverendums worked in Ireland *-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-09-20 4:33 PM

It's pretty obvious why the EU is ramping up the pressure for another vote, because they know Neverendums worked in Ireland *-) .........

Well, well, well, now there is a surprise - the EU trying to interfere in and influence our national government - who'd have thought it?

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2018-09-20 4:38 PM

Well, well, well, now there is a surprise - the EU trying to interfere in and influence our national government - who'd have thought it?

Old habits die hard as they say ;-) ..........

pelmetman - 2018-09-20 3:31 PM

The DUP's "billion"......(Not billion's which WILL be spent in the UK) will look like small change to what

Blackmailers invariably come back for more - the first £billion was only the start and will look like small change to what the open Irish border will cost us in concessions to the EU >:-)

Then your as daft as he is. Barnier stated that the EU won't let any successors to May unpick the withdrawal agreement. The EU do not trust the Brits one iota and you can see why. If we do get a deal you can pretty much guarantee it will be will nailed down. Brexiteers may think foreigners are a bit dim but sadly (for them) they are not.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-09-20 5:31 PM

Then your as daft as he is. Barnier stated that the EU won't let any successors to May unpick the withdrawal agreement. The EU do not trust the Brits one iota and you can see why. If we do get a deal you can pretty much guarantee it will be will nailed down. Brexiteers may think foreigners are a bit dim but sadly (for them) they are not.

So what are they going to do about it.............invade????? >:-) ........

They change their rules every damn 5 minutes to suite themselves *-) .............

We'll be able to do that once we leave B-) ..........

Barnier stated that the EU won't let any successors to May unpick the withdrawal agreement. The EU do not trust the Brits one iota and you can see why. If we do get a deal you can pretty much guarantee it will be will nailed down.

That's good, once we are out we are out - hooray!

Whilst the EU might still try to exert influence and hold the UK to ransom over dealings with the EU, the EU will not be able dictate our trading terms with the rest of the world, and that should really annoy Mr Barmyer and his barmy army of EU despots.

<<< Whilst the EU might still try to exert influence and hold the UK to ransom over dealings with the EU, the EU will not be able dictate our trading terms with the rest of the world, >>>

Hi,

I done a couple of Googles.

The ROI exports a LOT more than they import. They exported 28% to USA, 5.2% to Switzerland, 3.7% to China, 1.2% to Mexico, and 0.9% to Canada. If you pretend that the UK is not in the EU, that 12% would take exports to non-EU countries to approx 50%

Of their EU customers, only Belgium and UK get into double figure ... just.

Problem ... my figures don't add up to 100% ???

pelmetman - 2018-09-20 5:35 PM

They change their rules every damn 5 minutes to suite themselves *-) .............

International treaties and law cannot be broken because you feel like it Dave but thats Brexit summed up really from the Brits point of view isnt it? Poundland Arthur Daily Brexit springs to mind.

Of course any treaties or laws that we do renege on will result in whatever bits of "Cake" we managed to secure also being withdrawn. The EU are not idiots Dave but our politicians clearly are.

Tracker - 2018-09-20 5:41 PM

Barnier stated that the EU won't let any successors to May unpick the withdrawal agreement. The EU do not trust the Brits one iota and you can see why. If we do get a deal you can pretty much guarantee it will be will nailed down.

That's good, once we are out we are out - hooray!

Whilst the EU might still try to exert influence and hold the UK to ransom over dealings with the EU, the EU will not be able dictate our trading terms with the rest of the world, and that should really annoy Mr Barmyer and his barmy army of EU despots.

I wouldnt be so sure. Many members are also WTO members. The WTO can dictate conditions, rules and have Vetos.and dont forget we cannot trade on WTO rules only anyway. No country in the world does. So we will be signing up with someone. Probably Trump. Oh Dear. Wonder how you will like him dictating what we can and cannot do. Wait until he gets his hands on our NHS.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2018-09-20 6:36 PM

pelmetman - 2018-09-20 5:35 PM

International treaties and law cannot be broken because you feel like it Dave but thats Brexit summed up really from the Brits point of view isnt it? Poundland Arthur Daily Brexit springs to mind.

Yes they can........and they have been ever since they were invented >:-) ..........

Barryd999 - 2018-09-20 6:40 PM

Trump. Oh Dear. Wonder how you will like him dictating what we can and cannot do. Wait until he gets his hands on our NHS.

Seems to have already got to benefit claimants. DWP are using the so-called ‘biopsychosocial model’ measure of disability created by the corrupt and predatory US medical insurance industry to refuse medical claims.

Resulting in a guy with no legs having his benefits stopped and being told he was fit to work because he could “climb stairs with his arms”, https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/disability-benefits-man-julius-holgate-no-legs-cut-government-pip-climb-stairs-with-arms-dwp-a7606416.html

Tracker might change his mind when that gets to the NHS

Tracker - 2018-09-21 9:41 AM

John52 - 2018-09-21 6:57 AM

Tracker might change his mind when that gets to the NHS

There you go again changing the subject instead of dealing with the title topic.

'title topic' is 'Could Theresa be getting it right' *-)

Are the only benefits you claim are from the NHS so you don't care about the others?

Just because it doesn't affect you that does not mean it is off topic.

The past 24 hours have been interesting - Theresa gets the cold shoulder in Austria, comes hoe and delivers a "don't disrespect the UK" speech reminiscent of Hugh Grant (as PM in Love actually) and fortunes have shifted.

I still think that we common folk can't possibly understand the pros and cons of Brexit ourselves and I'm still hopeful that Theresa is playing it very well in the Country's interests - well done Theresa, keep it up girl!

StuartO - 2018-09-22 8:21 AM

The past 24 hours have been interesting - Theresa gets the cold shoulder in Austria, comes hoe and delivers a "don't disrespect the UK" speech reminiscent of Hugh Grant (as PM in Love actually) and fortunes have shifted.

Yep, fortunes have shifted - abroad - The pound fell some more :-S

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2018-09-22 10:21 AM

The pound fell some more :-S

Incorrect the pound to euro is about where its been for months.......HIGHER than when Labour was last in charge >:-) ..........

Guest pelmetman

Yep, fortunes have shifted - abroad

Oh dear....... is that Labour's magic money trees disappearing? :D ..........

pelmetman - 2018-09-22 10:49 AM

The pound fell some more :-S

Incorrect the pound to euro is about where its been for months.......HIGHER than when Labour was last in charge >:-) ..........

No it's not. It fell 1.1% against the euro and 1.5% the dollar after Mays mad speech.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45604230

Archived