How Newspaper Lies Led to Brexit

Bulletguy

antony1969 - 2018-10-18 7:44 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-10-18 5:21 PM

antony1969 - 2018-10-18 4:47 PM

Bulletguy - 2018-10-18 4:31 PM

antony1969 - 2018-10-18 6:25 AM

Bulletguy - 2018-10-17 8:30 PM

Well i gave you the opportunity to quote an example before but unsurprisingly you were unable to find one single case so until you can, yes we are very clear Jeremy Corbyn hasn't publicly dehumanised anyone.

Thinking someone might have done is not the same as knowing someone has, like we know Trump has.

Errr I said I hadn't looked doesnt mean he hasn't said...

It means you've been basing it on little other than assumption and pure conjecture and as you've been unable to source anything to show otherwise, i'm not sure why you're still frantically digging away?

antony1969 - 2018-10-18 12:12 PM

Talking of dehumanizing ... Maybe attacking Jewish women one a 70 year old thrown to the floor and kicked outside a Labour event called Corbyn , anti-Semitism and justice for Palestine could be classed that way ...

No that's assault, not dehumanising. The former is physical whilst the latter is psychological.

Sharon Klaff was the woman allegedly assaulted, a known anti-Palestinian extremist, Trump supporter and member of an anti-Palestinian group with ties to far right anti-Muslim and pro-Israeli extremist group Britain First.

Ms Klaff is also founder advocacy group Campaign4Truth which uses social media to promote it's ideology where some postings spew nothing but bile and hatred. She claims anti-Israel activists in the UK have been indoctrinating children by rewriting Jewish lore as Palestinian, 'turning David to Daud, Moses to Musa.' If that isn't fanning the flame of Islamophobia then i don't know what is.

Klaff obviously thinks this is the way forward.

Wiki is a wonderful tool isn't it ... Notice through all those words you haven't condemned the violence which happened at a Labour gathering towards an elderly lady ... Can you wiki the details of the second lady victim of those Labour anti-Semitic yobs

The only reports are an online Israeli site and Daily Mail (no surprises there then). The 'details' of the second lady who was not assaulted are in your link. Don't you read your own links now? No i don't condone violence of any kind hence the reason i cannot condone the violence you support toward Palestinians.

A pro-Israeli activist with strong links to Britain First, a party of far right extremist hotheads whom Trump foolishly retweeted Islamophobic posts, is a recipe for trouble. But for you it seems more of a match made in heaven. You'd get on well sharing your hatred with people like Klaff and co.

Why are you going off on one about what POTUS Trump tweeted ??? and what does this elderly ladies pro-israel stance and possible Britain First connections have to do with her being violently assaulted at a Labour meeting ???

When posting about something as you've done it's always useful to fact check the background out as often there is much more to what's being presented by certain media sources with an agenda. Admittedly had you not posted about it i wouldn't have looked further into it.....but i did, and what i found wasn't particularly favourable and put the matter more into perspective. You really should check these things out before posting.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So to sum up you believe because she's pro-Isreal this 70 year old lady deserved a kick in the head at a Labour meeting ... oh and most importantly for you she's Jewish ... Lovely ... Talking about checking things before posting youve been awfully quiet on the Stormy Daniels thread , take it you haven't seen it

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-10-18 9:45 PM

When posting about something as you've done it's always useful to fact check the background out as often there is much more to what's being presented by certain media sources with an agenda. Admittedly had you not posted about it i wouldn't have looked further into it.....but i did, and what i found wasn't particularly favourable and put the matter more into perspective. You really should check these things out before posting.

Your right ;-) ..........

The current Labour anti-Semitism row took a new, and frankly astonishing, turn last night after it was revealed that the former Chair of Labour Friends of Israel, Lady Valerie Cocks, had launched a ‘remarkable’ ‘anti-Semitic attack’ on pro-Corbyn Momentum Chief, and fellow Jew, Jon Lansman.

Writing on page 21 of the Jewish News magazine on December 7th 2017, Ms Cocks – whom The Guardian have previously described as an “aggressive Israeli zionist“ – wrote about her fellow Jew Jon Lansman saying:

“I ran Labour Friends of Israel for many years. I always clashed with Jon Lansman who I considered our worst enemy during all that time.

Although we now have other enemies like Jeremy Corbyn and John McDonnell, in my opinion Lansman is even worse. The Jewish enemies always are”

https://evolvepolitics.com/ex-labour-friends-of-israel-chair-in-anti-semitic-attack-on-pro-corbyn-momentum-chief-jon-lansman/amp/

8-) ...............

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-10-19 3:23 PM

So where's the anti-Semitic bit in that quote? It is a direct personal attack on the person, but not in any way that I could see detect anti-Semitic.

So are you saying if a Jewish women gets her head kicked in by a Jewish Momentum supporter it's anyway less abhorrent? :-S ..........

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2018-10-19 3:49 PM

edited !

;-)

That's a shame ;-) .........I thought they'd be a News Flash :D .........

"MalcD gets off the fence shocker" 8-) ........

pelmetman - 2018-10-19 4:07 PM

edited !

;-)

I was too busy doing something else.

You keep referring to 22 June 2016 and I've been trying to find out what happened that day -

( I was out of the country and think I must have missed something ).

:-|

So where's the anti-Semitic bit in that quote? It is a direct personal attack on the person, but not in any way that I could see detect anti-Semitic.

Put it this way Brian a member on here screamed anti-Semite at Dave t'other day for saying "some rich bloke" now I reckon that eell known Jewish lady at a pro-Palestine meeting held by the anti-Semite Labour lot has a lot more chance of being anti-Semitic don't you ... Respect bro

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2018-10-19 4:31 PM

pelmetman - 2018-10-19 4:07 PM

edited !

;-)

I was too busy doing something else.

You keep referring to 22 June 2016 and I've been trying to find out what happened that day -

( I was out of the country and think I must have missed something ).

:-|

Yeah you did miss something ;-) .........

That was the day "before" 48% of the country decided democracy meant something else *-) .........

antony1969 - 2018-10-19 6:20 AM

So to sum up you believe because she's pro-Isreal this 70 year old lady deserved a kick in the head at a Labour meeting ...

No....that's not what i said at all but it is the way you, and elements of right wing media, want to spin it in preference to ignoring Klaffs connections with the ugliness of right wing extremist hotheads.

There isn't. It's only termed 'antisemitic' if they can find anything related to the Labour party but when the facts of this lady being a known pro-Israel anti-Palestinian activist with links to a far right extremist group are pointed out, they don't like that.

The same pair would have been jumping up and down with glee had it been George Soros (note* both always intentionally misspell his surname), also Jewish....but they venomously hate him because he's an outspoken critic of the far right and donated to Remain.

Bulletguy - 2018-10-19 5:08 PM

antony1969 - 2018-10-19 6:20 AM

So to sum up you believe because she's pro-Isreal this 70 year old lady deserved a kick in the head at a Labour meeting ...

No....that's not what i said at all but it is the way you, and elements of right wing media, want to spin it in preference to ignoring Klaffs connections with the ugliness of right wing extremist hotheads.

There isn't. It's only termed 'antisemitic' if they can find anything related to the Labour party but when the facts of this lady being a known pro-Israel anti-Palestinian activist with links to a far right extremist group are pointed out, they don't like that.

The same pair would have been jumping up and down with glee had it been George Soros (note* both always intentionally misspell his surname), also Jewish....but they venomously hate him because he's an outspoken critic of the far right and donated to Remain.

I dont hate Soros ... Where have I said I hate Soros ??? ... I dont agree with his view but unlike you I dont hate someone for having a different view ... Ive never misspelt his surname , Dave may have I haven't so thats 2 fails for you regarding Soros ... Much worse though is your defence of the kicking in the head of the elderly Jewish lady which is sickening and stomach turning

Guest pelmetman

Remind me?.......How much did your hero Sorearse make when he got us kicked out off the ERM?........AND HOW MUCH DID HE COST THE UK TAXPAYER? *-) .........

You Saddo Remoaners would make a pact with the Devil to get your own way 8-) ..........

That must be why you love your new Hitler so much >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2018-10-19 5:34 PM

Remind me?.......How much did your hero Sorearse

You Saddo Remoaners

You really don't help yourself do you? The above rant perfectly illustrates what i referenced and you've just confirmed it. Well done.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2018-10-19 5:53 PM

You Saddo Remoaners

You really don't help yourself do you? The above rant perfectly illustrates what i referenced and you've just confirmed it. Well done.

I have reason to ;-) ..........He fecked up 3 days of my holiday in France with his greed >:-( .......

You Saddo Remoaners

Are you going to offer me an apology for your untruths regarding my Soros views etc ???

pelmetman - 2018-10-19 3:31 PM

So are you saying if a Jewish women gets her head kicked in by a Jewish Momentum supporter it's anyway less abhorrent? :-S ..........

From Wiki, with apologies: "Antisemitism (also spelled anti-Semitism or anti-semitism) is hostility to, prejudice, or discrimination against Jews".

Now, this was two Jews having a ding-dong about Israeli attitudes to Palestinians. No-one got their head kicked in, and both participants were Jewish, though of widely differing political opinion. Their dispute was over politics, not ethnicity or religion.

You truly are a snowflake if you're inclined to think that one Jew having a somewhat intemperate argument with another Jew signifies anti-Semitism. The only prejudices on display are anti-Labourism on the one hand, and anti-Zionism on the other. I'm not keen on Lansman's politics, but on Palestine I think he is a lot nearer to the side of the Angels than Cocks. But, anti-Semitic? Really.

Too much Dordogne sun (plus no doubt dodgy plonk), I think, Dave!

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2018-10-19 6:00 PM

pelmetman - 2018-10-19 3:31 PM

From Wiki, with apologies: "Antisemitism (also spelled anti-Semitism or anti-semitism) is hostility to, prejudice, or discrimination against Jews".

Now, this was two Jews having a ding-dong about Israeli attitudes to Palestinians. No-one got their head kicked in, and both participants were Jewish, though of widely differing political opinion. Their dispute was over politics, not ethnicity or religion.

You truly are a snowflake if you're inclined to think that one Jew having a somewhat intemperate argument with another Jew signifies anti-Semitism. The only prejudices on display are anti-Labourism on the one hand, and anti-Zionism on the other. I'm not keen on Lansman's politics, but on Palestine I think he is a lot nearer to the side of the Angels than Cocks. But, anti-Semitic? Really.

Too much Dordogne sun (plus no doubt dodgy plonk), I think, Dave!

I asked was it any less abhorrent? ;-) .........

So should we not take sides with Sunni & Shea bun fights either? :-S ........

Because that's clearly what we have been doing for the last decade or more :-| ........and Corbyn is upping the anti by siding with the other side *-) ........

How do you think that's gonna pan out on the streets of Blighty? *-) ..........

antony1969 - 2018-10-19 4:37 PM

Put it this way Brian a member on here screamed anti-Semite at Dave t'other day for saying "some rich bloke" now I reckon that eell known Jewish lady at a pro-Palestine meeting held by the anti-Semite Labour lot has a lot more chance of being anti-Semitic don't you ... Respect bro

I'm struggling with this Antony. Dave posted a link to a report of a political slanging match between Lansman and Cocks, saying it was anti-Semitic. Since both are Jews, and the argument was about Israeli politics, I can't see how it could be deemed anti-Semitic.

Next, how does what someone called Dave the other day come in?

Finally, I'm also confused as to which "well known Jewish lady" you're referring to (Klaff or Cocks) but, since both are Jewish, and were not apparently attacking others for being Jewish, I don't see how their comments could have been anti-Semitic.

OTOH, I'm happy to agree that the attack on Klaff might have been provoked by anti-Semitism, though the police who attended don't seem to have charged the attackers, which one would think they would have done if satisfied that the attack was motivated by anti-Semitism. But than, that attack wasn't the subject of Dave's post so seems irrelevant.

Whatever, it's all irrelevant to "How Newspaper Lies Led to Brexit", isn't it?

Brian Kirby - 2018-10-19 6:40 PM

I'm struggling with this Antony. Dave posted a link to a report of a political slanging match between Lansman and Cocks, saying it was anti-Semitic. Since both are Jews, and the argument was about Israeli politics, I can't see how it could be deemed anti-Semitic.

Finally, I'm also confused as to which "well known Jewish lady" you're referring to (Klaff or Cocks) but, since both are Jewish, and were not apparently attacking others for being Jewish, I don't see how their comments could have been anti-Semitic.

OTOH, I'm happy to agree that the attack on Klaff might have been provoked by anti-Semitism, though the police who attended don't seem to have charged the attackers, which one would think they would have done if satisfied that the attack was motivated by anti-Semitism. But than, that attack wasn't the subject of Dave's post so seems irrelevant.

Your quite right ... Im talking cr@p and dont mind saying it ... I did have a liquid lunch

pelmetman - 2018-10-19 6:11 PM...………………...I asked was it any less abhorrent? ;-) .........

……………..

The reported attack was completely abhorrent. Any such attack is, whatever the age or gender of the person attacked. But it isn't relevant to your post about the tiff between Cocks and Lansman, to which I replied.

The attack on Klaff was at a different place, and in a different year. I didn't see any reference to the ethnicity of her two female attackers, so I'm unclear how you know they were Jewish. However, if they were Jewish their attack can hardly have been anti-Semitic, can it?

If they were not, where is the evidence that their motivation was hostility to Jews, as opposed to hostility toward the actions of the Israeli state?

Whichever, neither motivation can justify such an attack.

pelmetman - 2018-10-19 5:56 PM

You Saddo Remoaners

I have reason to ;-) ..........He fecked up 3 days of my holiday in France with his greed >:-( .......

Hitler? That makes you at least 93. 8-)

Brian Kirby - 2018-10-19 6:40 PM

Completely......but the Beano boys are notorious for hijacking threads to promote their usual agenda.

Archived