Auto trail - Tribute or Tracker

Jac55

Hello, Just joined the forum and would appreciate any advice on purchasing a used Auto trail Tracker (2 berth either EKS or ES) or Tribute T-615 - I am aware that the Tribute is marketed as the budget line of Auto Trail and wondered just how much of a difference this is. thank you

We have a 2007 Tracker EKS SE, this we researched quite a lot and found that after 2008 the payload was reduced each year and the van went longer each year, so when we decided to look we were after a 2007/2008 model, we found one after a few months which had less than 10K miles on and been stored inside and was immaculate. Had it 3 years and found it to be great, only niggle is the toilet side of things is a bit tight but the shower is good.

Something else to bear in mind is that Tributes over possibly 2 or 3 years old will be built on the Ford Transit chassis and some insurance companies seem to be reluctant to quote as they are not seen as being as secure as other base vehicles. It would be worth getting actual insurance quotes before buying one.

From viewing both models being built at the factory the most obvious difference I remember is the roof. AT's had a moulded fibreglass roof whereas the Tributes had a sheet of aluminium rolled out and nailed around the edges before cappings where applied to cover the nails.

Keith.

Jac55 - 2018-10-29 4:43 PM

Hello, Just joined the forum and would appreciate any advice on purchasing a used Auto trail Tracker (2 berth either EKS or ES) or Tribute T-615 - I am aware that the Tribute is marketed as the budget line of Auto Trail and wondered just how much of a difference this is. thank you

Welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums.

As you plan to purchase a used Auto-Trail motorhome, for Tracker-versus-Tribute feedback you’ll need to indicate the model-years you are interested in, for (as Keith has touched on) in some years there have been major diffrences between the two ranges.

Archived brochures and handbooks can be downloaded from the Auto-Trail website

https://www.auto-trail.co.uk/range?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-7D2ouat3gIVw7TtCh0iWgDcEAAYASAAEgIsJPD_BwE

and a comparison of the relevant Tracker and Tribute technical specifications should give you a good idea of their relative differences.

Thank you for replies - Part of my wish list is to have an automatic transmission - so would be looking at the Fiat base (or Auto sleeper Devon / Stanton with heavier price tag)- so guess that would be from 2015 on wards - the price of a Tribute is less than the Tracker.. I find it strange to see how the Tribute is virtually the same as a Tracker - yet the tracker has such a low payload.

I do prefer the Tracker - however, that may because I have viewed them and only recently started to think about a Tribute - so off to find if any local dealers have one on their forecourt to have a look.

Would appreciate experiences, views, tips of any present or previous owners of a Tribute / Tracker.

Jac55

Based on the on-line 2015 Auto-Trail brochures, there appear to have been three ranges marketed then - Tracker, Imala and Tribute. The Imala 615 and the Tribute 615 seem to be the same, except the Imala model had a higher standard specification and a higher RRP as a consequence. The Tracker EKS had a similar lay-out to the other two models but was slightly longer (suggesting a different rear body-panel treatment) and its standard specification would have been higher than the Imala’s.

I’ll leave you to pore over the technical specifications in the brochures, but (as a generalisation) the more ‘kit’ that a motorhome manufacturer provides as standard, the less the resultant payload. This would explain why a Tracker EKS would have less payload than a similar-design Tribute 615.

As far as automatic transmission is concerned, Fiat offered the “Comfort-Matic” system originally only with the 3.0litre motor fitted to Ducato X250 models introduced in mid-2006. However “Comfort-Matic" became available for the 2.3litre motor (130bhp and 150bhp) from 2012 onwards.

http://www.fiatprofessionalpress.co.uk/press/article/comfort-matic-robotised-gearbox-offer-expanded-on-new-ducato

So, if you want a Ducato with an auto-box, you don’t have to restrict yourself to 2015 or later vehicles.

Yes makes sense now, re: pay load differences and what is put inside; many thanks for taking time to reply - will have a look at the brochures and take time to make a choice. Very helpful to have a forum such this. thanks to all.

Archived