The Seaborne debacle

Bulletguy

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-05 11:22 PM

Why after all which has gone so badly wrong are we as a country still hell bent on continuing down this path of destruction? It's utterly insane and suicidal.

It's only gone badly wrong for you Remoaners ;-) ..........

Your actions haven't prevented Brexit........in fact all you have managed to do is increase the likelihood of a No Deal Brexit B-) ..........

lets face it.........its too late for a "Remoaners Vote".......its too late for a election :D ...........

Your only hope is extending article 50.......which would be utterly insane and suicidal........As the country just wants Brexit over >:-) .........

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Talking of Brexit and lies and misinformation ... Seems that Peoples Vote march that claimed to have attracted over 700.000 actually only had 250.000 attend ... https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1067870/brexit-news-peoples-vote-march-leave-EU-october-protest ... Greater London Authority came up with the realistic figure ... Shocking , more lies from remoaners

Tracker - 2019-01-05 6:00 PM

What sad little remoaners you are if that is all you find to whinge about.

Go on - rake through the internet - find some more bad news to cut and post - preferably over stated by biased 'experts' about which you can do Sodde all - although that must be a poor substitute for a real life?

I dont need to rake all over the internet Rich. I have a news feed that comes directly to me that picks up on anything Brexit related. Its out of control. I then pick out the juicy bits and tweet, farcebook or put them up on political forums for debate. I like to post stuff on here because its fun and I like the members. Its not a poor substitute for real life to me spending hours every day trying to stop Brexit as it is real life. People say there is nothing we can do to change things or stop Brexit and maybe they are right but I think the are wrong. The worm is turning, slowly but it is turning.

pelmetman - 2019-01-06 9:44 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-05 11:22 PM

Why after all which has gone so badly wrong are we as a country still hell bent on continuing down this path of destruction? It's utterly insane and suicidal.

It's only gone badly wrong for you Remoaners ;-) ..........

Your actions haven't prevented Brexit........in fact all you have managed to do is increase the likelihood of a No Deal Brexit B-) ..........

lets face it.........its too late for a "Remoaners Vote".......its too late for a election :D ...........

Your only hope is extending article 50.......which would be utterly insane and suicidal........As the country just wants Brexit over >:-) .........

No. Extending article 50 is not our only hope. We now have the power to just revoke it.

One things for sure they are going to have to extend it or revoke it, one or the other as no deal aint a realistic option.

Barryd999 - 2019-01-06 11:14 AM

. I have a news feed that comes directly to me that picks up on anything Brexit related. Its out of control.

You make it sound as if your ' feed ' comes from the Kremlin Barry - I hope you know the actual source.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2019-01-06 11:57 AM

. I have a news feed that comes directly to me that picks up on anything Brexit related. Its out of control.

You make it sound as if your ' feed ' comes from the Kremlin Barry - I hope you know the actual source.

;-)

Barry's another of Putin's useful idiots ;-) ..........

I dont need to rake all over the internet Rich. I have a news feed that comes directly to me that picks up on anything Brexit related. Its out of control. I then pick out the juicy bits and tweet, farcebook or put them up on political forums for debate. I like to post stuff on here because its fun and I like the members. Its not a poor substitute for real life to me spending hours every day trying to stop Brexit as it is real life. People say there is nothing we can do to change things or stop Brexit and maybe they are right but I think the are wrong. The worm is turning, slowly but it is turning.

Do you honestly believe that posting selected bits of negativity on an obscure forum is going any way towards stopping Brexit?

Really? Come on Barry - you cannot be serious??

But I do agree with you on one thing - winding up other people can be fun!!

Happy Brexitmas - and whilst it may be a crappy new year for some and for the UK it should be happy for many of us - secure in our own little worlds of escapism!

Tracker - 2019-01-06 12:24 PM

Do you honestly believe that posting selected bits of negativity on an obscure forum is going any way towards stopping Brexit?

Really? Come on Barry - you cannot be serious??

But I do agree with you on one thing - winding up other people can be fun!!

Happy Brexitmas - and whilst it may be a crappy new year for some and for the UK it should be happy for many of us - secure in our own little worlds of escapism!

You clearly didn't read my post Rich. I come on here for the good company and craic! Most of my anti Brexit stuff is done on "wider" social media, Im also an active member of the Peoples Vote Campaign and one or two others. Its almost a full time job! (lol)

Ive even been known to attend the odd rally and will probably see if I can get to put Tim Martin right on his Brexit tour of his crappy pubs but it looks like the others have got their first and no doubt he will give it up as a bad job.

pelmetman - 2019-01-06 12:00 PM

malc d - 2019-01-06 11:57 AM

;-)

Barry's another of Putin's useful idiots ;-) ..........

Ho Ho. No a news feed is just a tool for bringing you content from a massive wide variety of sources.

The only useful idiots for Putin are the Brexit voters and campaigners themselves. Why else do you think Putin helped rig the vote and also even now has hundreds if not thousands of pro Brexit Russian trolls on our social media?

Barryd999 - 2019-01-06 1:22 PM

. No a news feed is just a tool for bringing you content from a massive wide variety of sources.

……. and who designed, and wrote the programming for the news feed ?

I'm sure the same kind of tools are being used on both sides of the argument - people just decide to believe the one that supports their own beliefs best - or neither.

I personally have chosen to believe neither.

;-)

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2019-01-06 2:05 PM

malc d - 2019-01-06 1:33 PM

;-)

Me too!

I was a Brexiteer before the tinternet was invented :D ...........

. No a news feed is just a tool for bringing you content from a massive wide variety of sources.

I'm sure the same kind of tools are being used on both sides of the argument - people just decide to believe the one that supports their own beliefs best - or neither.

;-)

Im not sure you understand. There are various websites and internet tools you can use as well as dedicated servers that you can subscribe to or use that will bring you content based on filters that you specify. Not just Brexit. You could use them to tell you every time the words "Dave Pelmet is Barking mad" appears in an article. These tools have been around since before Brexit. You obviously need some kind of filter or to use a site that for example just provides you with news stories and articles based on your criteria so the results can be from a wide range of source from the Daily Mail to the Canary.

One that I use the filter or keyword is simply "Brexit". Now that should bring in and it does any news story that has the word Brexit in it. So no bias at all, it just means your bang up to date on the latest stories as they come out. You get to see a constantly moving board of headlines which is live. One things for sure 90% of them are generally bad news, its rare to see a positive Brexit story.

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-06 2:50 PM

One things for sure 90% of them are generally bad news, its rare to see a positive Brexit story.

No sh*t Sherlock?........Our 90% Remoaner biased media only focuses on negative Brexit stories (lol) (lol) (lol) ......

;-)

Im not sure you understand.

Bit patronising that - ( but your antagonism towards the older generation may explain that ).

I wouldn't be surprised if David Cameron used the same kind of sources as you when he decided that he could win a referendum on the subject.

;-)

pelmetman - 2019-01-06 3:00 PM

One things for sure 90% of them are generally bad news, its rare to see a positive Brexit story.

No sh*t Sherlock?........Our 90% Remoaner biased media only focuses on negative Brexit stories (lol) (lol) (lol) ......

What planet are you on? It was the pro Brexit media that massively steered and drove then entire Brexit mess and got us to where we are now with 20+ years of drip feeding you nonsense. The remainers might have won the social media war but the news media in the UK is massively pro Brexit certainly by coverage and readership numbers.

malc d - 2019-01-06 3:54 PM

;-)

Im not sure you understand.

Bit patronising that - ( but your antagonism towards the older generation may explain that ).

I wouldn't be surprised if David Cameron used the same kind of sources as you when he decided that he could win a referendum on the subject.

;-)

How is it patronising saying politely "Im not sure you understand" when it was clear to me you didnt. Im still not sure you get it. News feeds for example do not bring you the info you want to hear. you just have to do what Dave does for that and just get your news from the Mail and the Express and nowhere else although the The Mail has gone rogue now as far as its readers are concerned.

;-)

On forecasts you have a valid point but reporting of actual current events, such as the Seaborne farce for one, is indisputable and i'm surprised at anyone attempting to minimise such actions. Naturally it's yet another embarrassment for pro-Brexiters and i can understand that, but this is one in a growing line of what we're now seeing almost daily.

Bulletguy - 2019-01-06 10:01 PM

It just got worse......if that's possible. *-)

https://www.channel4.com/news/uncertainty-over-brexit-ferry-port

As I said, its just a bluff, they have no chance of ever getting any ships. Even if they could find one, a suitable roll off roll on ferry will be north of $100m, would probably need an entire refit, if its come from outside of the EU it will need to pass a raft of safety inspections, trials etc. Then it would need to be staffed, routes agreed, timetables etc. This lot dont even have a functioning website. What chance have they got of achieving all of the above? Its the biggest Brexit joke since the £350m on the side of the bus. They could always put a few barrels on that, see if it floats.

Barryd999 - 2019-01-06 11:14 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-06 10:01 PM

It just got worse......if that's possible. *-)

https://www.channel4.com/news/uncertainty-over-brexit-ferry-port

As I said, its just a bluff, they have no chance of ever getting any ships. Even if they could find one, a suitable roll off roll on ferry will be north of $100m, would probably need an entire refit, if its come from outside of the EU it will need to pass a raft of safety inspections, trials etc. Then it would need to be staffed, routes agreed, timetables etc. This lot dont even have a functioning website. What chance have they got of achieving all of the above? Its the biggest Brexit joke since the £350m on the side of the bus. They could always put a few barrels on that, see if it floats.

They've found a 30 year old tub but are still "negotiating" for it. It only holds 40 trucks where the P&O and DFDS ferries take 180 trucks. As the leader of Tory led Thanet council said, "Seaborne can't pass any due diligence as there's nothing there to do due diligence on so then you have to ask; what do we have to look at to ensure we are dealing with an organisation of substance?"

Seaborne have just 66 quid to their name and led by a rogue still owing a company over a million dollars, yet Mays government offer 'em 14 million quid because Grayling likes 'start up' companies. Oh brother! *-)

I've got a fair bit more than 66 quid in my accounts, have no previous experience of shipping apart from sailing the Channel on 'em, and own no ships.....yet government tell me i'm not entitled to any benefit because i've got "too much" money.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-07 12:36 AM

Seaborne have just 66 quid to their name and led by a rogue still owing a company over a million dollars, yet Mays government offer 'em 14 million quid because Grayling likes 'start up' companies. Oh brother! *-)

Correction ;-) .............

They now have 14,000,066 quid :D ...........

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-06 4:11 PM

What planet are you on? It was the pro Brexit media that massively steered and drove then entire Brexit mess and got us to where we are now with 20+ years of drip feeding you nonsense. The remainers might have won the social media war but the news media in the UK is massively pro Brexit certainly by coverage and readership numbers.

Obviously a different one to yours Barry.........If you think the mainstream media was pro Brexit 8-) ........

Sounds to me like your unable to accept the FACT that 52% of us Brits actually want to LEAVE THE EU >:-) ............

pelmetman - 2019-01-07 9:55 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-01-06 4:11 PM

Obviously a different one to yours Barry.........If you think the mainstream media was pro Brexit 8-) ........

Sounds to me like your unable to accept the FACT that 52% of us Brits actually want to LEAVE THE EU >:-) ............

Well if thats still the case then you have nothing to fear from a final vote on Mays deal then do you?

Archived