The Seaborne debacle

Bulletguy

teflon2 - 2019-02-10 7:09 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-09 6:58 PM

teflon2 - 2019-02-09 6:35 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-09 3:00 PM

Seaborne Ferry contract scrapped

The £13.5 million contract with Seaborne Freight, the ferry company with no ships and t&c's copied from a takeaway menu, has been scrapped.

Time to scrap this entire Brexit fiasco and put all Wrexiters on one of Seabornes invisible 'ferries' with Failing Graying......send 'em off to live out their dream on the Goodwin Sands.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-chris-grayling-cancels-ferry-contract-no-deal-ships-seaborne-freight-dover-calais-a8770976.html

You need to read your own links the ships were to be supplied by Arklow shipping a well respected shipping company with lots of ships it seems they withdrew from the venture and the contract became impossible to complete so it has been withdrawn. Makes sense to me no ships no contract but of course the remain clique didn't want to report that. *-)

Teflon......that "ship" sailed long ago and was widely reported at the time in the media. Seaborne should never have even been on the cards at all. It was absolute mind boggling lunacy to even consider contracting a company with no equipment and worse still, no previous history (apart from extremely dodgy dealings and in debt to HMRC). It was akin to offering a multi million pound contract to an ex-con with a bucket and spade to go and dig the channel tunnel. Not to mention the total farce over Ramsgate port...which UK government will need to pay the Dutch company who dredged it.....all for no reason.

I'm really miffed I have just wasted 5 mins. of my life looking though your posts to find when that ship had sailed only to find that the only reference you have made was a link 19 mins before I posted what a waste :D

Tef.....everyone knew Seaborne was a dead duck in the pond, apart from Grayling and his cronies. I'm staggered anyone couldn't see how utterly insane it was.....and we wonder why we've become the laughing stock not just of Europe, but the world.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bulletguy - 2019-02-10 7:23 PM

The £13.5 million contract with Seaborne Freight, the ferry company with no ships and t&c's copied from a takeaway menu, has been scrapped.

Time to scrap this entire Brexit fiasco and put all Wrexiters on one of Seabornes invisible 'ferries' with Failing Graying......send 'em off to live out their dream on the Goodwin Sands.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-chris-grayling-cancels-ferry-contract-no-deal-ships-seaborne-freight-dover-calais-a8770976.html

You need to read your own links the ships were to be supplied by Arklow shipping a well respected shipping company with lots of ships it seems they withdrew from the venture and the contract became impossible to complete so it has been withdrawn. Makes sense to me no ships no contract but of course the remain clique didn't want to report that. *-)

Teflon......that "ship" sailed long ago and was widely reported at the time in the media. Seaborne should never have even been on the cards at all. It was absolute mind boggling lunacy to even consider contracting a company with no equipment and worse still, no previous history (apart from extremely dodgy dealings and in debt to HMRC). It was akin to offering a multi million pound contract to an ex-con with a bucket and spade to go and dig the channel tunnel. Not to mention the total farce over Ramsgate port...which UK government will need to pay the Dutch company who dredged it.....all for no reason.

I'm really miffed I have just wasted 5 mins. of my life looking though your posts to find when that ship had sailed only to find that the only reference you have made was a link 19 mins before I posted what a waste :D

Tef.....everyone knew Seaborne was a dead duck in the pond, apart from Grayling and his cronies. I'm staggered anyone couldn't see how utterly insane it was.....and we wonder why we've become the laughing stock not just of Europe, but the world.

My information was that despite all the diatribe to the opposite Arklow shipping was the partner that has a large quantity of ships and is a respected company when they removed their support the project became inoperable. Although I agree that the contract should not have been awarded to Seaborne there was at the time ships available and no doubt paperwork to that effect..

teflon2 - 2019-02-10 7:32 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-10 7:23 PM

My information was that despite all the diatribe to the opposite Arklow shipping was the partner that has a large quantity of ships and is a respected company when they removed their support the project became inoperable. Although I agree that the contract should not have been awarded to Seaborne there was at the time ships available and no doubt paperwork to that effect..

Arklow has a fleet of 45 ships. Impressive eh......trouble is they're all bulk cargo carriers for grain etc. They have no RoRo ferries. I'm not surprised they pulled out, more surprised they got involved with Seaborne as it didn't take more than a few mouse clicks to see the dubious characters they were dealing with. Perhaps one of Arklows office juniors eventually decided to do some due diligence on Seaborne rather than taking the word of Grayling and government.

May has "full confidence" in Failing Grayling, now flailing around on the deck of the Titanic. The National Audit Office now reveal Failings department knew back in December that Seaborne was unable to meet the DoT's economic and financial standing eligibility...yet Failing went full steam ahead because he thought Seaborne was "novel and exceptional".

Staggering. 8-)

https://www.channel4.com/news/grayling-faces-calls-to-quit-over-seaborne-ferries-farce

pelmetman - 2019-01-05 3:06 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-01-05 2:24 PM

Like when there was the snap election and some of you on here reckoned it would be a white wash? I still maintain that No Deal is dead and it would be assuming Parliament are not just locked in the dungeon like they seem to be at the moment. As for Labour being in charge before Brexit well thats still a possibility as well. Its not misinformation its opinion based on the current facts as we know them. Your comparison to what I have said to what the Vote leave campaign said during the referendum is wrong as they just blatantly lied, every day. I also havent broken the law unlike them. (well at least as far as Brexit is concerned){

Joe public's mistake at the election was thinking Brexit was a done deal.........and reverted to tribalism ;-) .....

Plus the Leave campaign are no more guilty of breaking the law than our Remoaner establishment *-) .......

The Remoaner establishment has spent far more than the leave campaign :-| ............and they still are with Channel 4's Cumberbitch starring in their latest Losers propaganda bitchfest >:-) .........

The Electoral Commission found Leave guilty and fined them...this makes the result of the 2016 null and void and if the UK was a Democracy this referendum would have been declared void and re-run immediately... Remain was not found guilty of fraud by the Electoral Commission despite their examination of the facts. If Leave had then won following a legitimate referendum all would be well and democracy would have been restored.....now democracy is dead in the UK and will only be restored when there is a re-run of a legitimate referendum.

Barryd999 - 2019-02-12 8:36 AM

Eurotunnel is now suing the government over this debacle.

https://www.bmmagazine.co.uk/news/eurotunnel-sues-government-over-no-deal-ferry-contracts/

Brilliant news......let the bunfight begin! Flailing should be locked up. Deport him to Calais!!

Just listen to this....this is how wacked out Brexiteers are. This guy phoned into James O'Brien insisting the contract deal is still in place!! When James asked where he had this information from the caller goes off on a wild rant and tries deflection mode (sound familiar?;-)).....a major fail so insults O'Brien and slams the phone down!

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2019/02/12/uk-government-being-sued-by-eurotunnel-over-no-deal-brexit-ferri/?guccounter=1

Bulletguy - 2019-02-12 4:04 PM

https://www.bmmagazine.co.uk/news/eurotunnel-sues-government-over-no-deal-ferry-contracts/

Brilliant news......let the bunfight begin! Flailing should be locked up. Deport him to Calais!!

Just listen to this....this is how wacked out Brexiteers are. This guy phoned into James O'Brien insisting the contract deal is still in place!! When James asked where he had this information from the caller goes off on a wild rant and tries deflection mode (sound familiar?;-)).....a major fail so insults O'Brien and slams the phone down!

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2019/02/12/uk-government-being-sued-by-eurotunnel-over-no-deal-brexit-ferri/?guccounter=1

(lol)

Why do these nuggets set themselves up to be slaughtered by JOB? They need rounding up and carting off to the funny farm.

Barryd999 - 2019-02-13 11:45 AM

Bulletguy - 2019-02-12 4:04 PM

(lol)

Why do these nuggets set themselves up to be slaughtered by JOB? They need rounding up and carting off to the funny farm.

It's not difficult is it? They're in a state of permanent denial so much so to the point you get planks like that phone caller. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

This farce just goes from bad to worse. *-)

Government admits it has 'run out of time' to find ships to bring emergency supplies after no-deal

Officials have admitted they have “run out of time” to find ships to bring extra emergency supplies after a no-deal Brexit, following the Seaborne Freight fiasco.

No “large amount of further additional capacity” will be available across the Channel before the end of March, MPs were told – by either sea or rail.

The admission follows the embarrassment of the cancelled £13.8m contract handed to Seaborne – a firm with no ships – which has sparked calls for Chris Grayling, the transport secretary, to be sacked.

“It would not be possible to complete procurement and make it operational for 29 March,” the department for transport’s director general admitted."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-no-deal-planning-emergency-supplies-seaborne-freight-chris-grayling-a8777766.html

Is Seaborne being operated by a bunch of batsh1t crazy Brexiteers? It seems so as they're in a state of denial. The wacko's are claiming they will "be reintroducing the Ramsgate to Ostend Freight Ferry service in the Spring of 2019".

It gets even more bonkers.

The new service will have a number of unique features and benefits designed to meet the needs of both operators and their drivers.

Free paddles? A limited edition photo of the phantom ferry fleet?

They're even advertising for staff at Ramsgate and Ostende. This must be a massive operation. :-|

https://seabornefreight.com/recruitment

Archived