Brexit Abuse

Barryd999

pelmetman - 2019-01-08 1:20 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-08 1:11 PM

Immigration was and is not an EU matter. Those who think it was have been misinformed.

To what does this refer to then Brian? :-| ..........

"Free movement of workers is a fundamental principle of the Treaty enshrined in Article 45 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union and developed by EU secondary legislation and the Case law of the Court of Justice. EU citizens are entitled to: look for a job in another EU country."

"Free movement" is exactly the same as Immigration except there is NO CONTROL *-) ........

Wrong, as I have repeatedly explained, with chapter and verse. You seem not to understand the difference between a principle (OED: "a fundamental basis of a system of thought or belief"), which expresses a desire, and the means through which it is to be realised.

You plainly haven't read DIRECTIVE 2004/38/EC to which I previously gave links. I suggest you do, because that gives the nuts and bolts of how the principle is to be realised. If you do, you'll be able to answer your own question, and will see that your claim that free movement = no control is the complete opposite of reality.

As I have said, seemingly endlessly, the UK has control of its borders, but its governments have chosen not to apply the controls. You have been told, and believed, fairy stories.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
antony1969 - 2019-01-08 2:26 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-08 2:20 PM

antony1969 - 2019-01-08 2:13 PM

Posting up your financial situation as some sort of deflection wont cut it ... I ask again , what have those you say are in debt purchased to put them in debt ??? Your eager enough to tell us folk are in debt but cant back up why ??? ... I have asked a few times now and you've produced nothing other than summat to do with a roofer in Yorkshire rubbish

Ok it's obvious now you're just trolling for the sake of being ridiculously obtuse. I post a linked article so i'm just the messenger. I'm not playing your silly game just to entertain your childish strops.

I'll translate.....

So will i. You're back to being your obtuse pedantic self looking for some kind of 'argument' which was never there, can't attack the posted article because your reading isn't up to scratch, so attack the messenger instead! There are numerous and varied reasons people end up in debt and i've already stated that very clearly but you seem unable to even grasp that! You engage the most ludicrous and childish arguing i've ever come across on forums. Go and fix some tiles....check those on your head which must have worked loose! You'll end up with mould growth!

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-08 2:46 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-08 9:35 AM

If the Anna Sourface thinks the abuse is bad now ;-) ............

Imagine what it'll be like if she manages to help thwart Brexit 8-) ...........

Surely Remoaners don't think things will return to how they were before the referendum? >:-) .........

In which case, surely Brexiters don't think things will return to how they were before the referendum? And what then? We shall all really have lost our country. For what?

When (and if!) Brexiters achieve their dystopian 'dream'.......just who are they going to blame for their woes when they can't blame the EU? :-|

Bulletguy - 2019-01-08 3:11 PM

antony1969 - 2019-01-08 2:26 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-08 2:20 PM

antony1969 - 2019-01-08 2:13 PM

Posting up your financial situation as some sort of deflection wont cut it ... I ask again , what have those you say are in debt purchased to put them in debt ??? Your eager enough to tell us folk are in debt but cant back up why ??? ... I have asked a few times now and you've produced nothing other than summat to do with a roofer in Yorkshire rubbish

Ok it's obvious now you're just trolling for the sake of being ridiculously obtuse. I post a linked article so i'm just the messenger. I'm not playing your silly game just to entertain your childish strops.

I'll translate.....

So will i. You're back to being your obtuse pedantic self looking for some kind of 'argument' which was never there, can't attack the posted article because your reading isn't up to scratch, so attack the messenger instead! There are numerous and varied reasons people end up in debt and i've already stated that very clearly but you seem unable to even grasp that! You engage the most ludicrous and childish arguing i've ever come across on forums. Go and fix some tiles....check those on your head which must have worked loose! You'll end up with mould growth!

You seem.to enjoy arguing with said child , so much so you feel the need to hunt down his home address and memorise word for word posts he made over 7 years ago ... I presume I'm the nearest thing to a child you have any contact with

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-01-08 3:01 PM

Wrong, as I have repeatedly explained, with chapter and verse. You seem not to understand the difference between a principle (OED: "a fundamental basis of a system of thought or belief"), which expresses a desire, and the means through which it is to be realised.

Yes you are ;-) ..........

There have been numerous examples in our courts to PROVE we have NO CONTROL *-) .........

Barryd999 - 2019-01-08 3:01 PM

How is it insulting to say that Immigration was the major issue behind Brexit? Brian just quoted you saying the same thing. It was (is) but has been pointed out to you several times the government had the power to control immigration and chose not to. I think there has been a tendency for Brexiteers to deny that immigration was the key issue behind Brexit post vote but lets face it, it was. Ive lost count of the number of posts I saw across social media regarding kicking out immigrants regardless of where they were from.

And lets not forget the infamous "Turkey is joining the EU and 80 millions Turks are on their way". They even had it put up on a road sign in Newcastle. Complete lie but clearly a vote winner along with the "Take back control of our borders".

It's fair to say that not all Brexit voters are racist or xenophobic.....but certainly all racists and xenophobes voted Brexit.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-08 4:23 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-01-08 3:01 PM

How is it insulting to say that Immigration was the major issue behind Brexit? Brian just quoted you saying the same thing. It was (is) but has been pointed out to you several times the government had the power to control immigration and chose not to. I think there has been a tendency for Brexiteers to deny that immigration was the key issue behind Brexit post vote but lets face it, it was. Ive lost count of the number of posts I saw across social media regarding kicking out immigrants regardless of where they were from.

And lets not forget the infamous "Turkey is joining the EU and 80 millions Turks are on their way". They even had it put up on a road sign in Newcastle. Complete lie but clearly a vote winner along with the "Take back control of our borders".

It's fair to say that not all Brexit voters are racist or xenophobic.....but certainly all racists and xenophobes voted Brexit.

More Brexit abuse from the usual suspect *-) ..........

Only another 80 days to go Dumb Dumb.......so best make the most of it >:-) ........

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-08 2:42 PM

747 - 2019-01-08 8:08 AM

I think it did no harm for an MP to have a taste of reality in the real world as so many of them have no idea of it in their cossetted little world.

No doubt there will be calls for a Police presence around Westminster to prevent this happening again. Now that is REAL hypocrisy, considering they have reduced Police numbers by a large percentage.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't disagree more strongly with this sentiment. Of course it does harm. It is no more than a mob trying to shout down a viewpoint they don't like. How are we to arrive at answers to difficult questions if opposing viewpoints are not to be heard? Do we just fight it out on the streets, and accept that he with the biggest weapon wins - until, of course, someone arrives with a bigger weapon? Are all issues then to be decided with an arms race, war, or what?

Besides which, a slogan chanting fascist (by their actions) mob calling one of the least right wing MPs in the Conservative party a Nazi, hardly inspires confidence in their powers of reason, does it? So why/how should we defer to their intellects?

This was no "dose of reality" - though it may be what is to become reality. Is everyone now supposed to expect a baying mob to greet them when they arrive to do their jobs? Or should we reserve the mob greeting just for those who take on jobs that place them in the public arena, while expecting them to "listen" to us?

If so, who then is to do those jobs, and under what conditions? Do we want normal people to enter politics, or only those who are prepared to run a mob gauntlet? Should they then all come and go incognito, from guarded locations, being hidden from public view in case the mob turns violent and decides, as was the case with the murderer of Jo Cox, that they should be eliminated? Is this to be the new model for a "civilised" society?

The only damage Brian was to the pride of an MP. one who can be very outspoken herself on matters. I think the use of 'a baying mob' is a bit dramatic.

As I said in my earlier post, there has been no instant reaction to the knife murders in some of our big Cities. No instant action against the violence in our Prisons. So can I conclude (as you always do) that it is the new norm and you are quite happy about it?

The incident was filmed, so that it could be instantly uploaded (OK, it was for the promotion of one person, the obnoxious Mr Goddard) and was a 'stunt', nothing more, nothing less. An opportunity that seemingly has worked very well.

pelmetman - 2019-01-08 4:10 PM

There have been numerous examples in our courts to PROVE we have NO CONTROL *-) .........

I've no idea which cases you are referring to, but I note that you refer to cases "in our courts". So, if the UK has no control, how is it that the cases are being tried in UK courts, under UK law? Where is the EU influence?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-01-09 3:58 PM

I've no idea which cases you are referring to, but I note that you refer to cases "in our courts". So, if the UK has no control, how is it that the cases are being tried in UK courts, under UK law? Where is the EU influence?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/06/eu-rules-stopped-britain-deporting-murders-rapists-and-violent-c/

*-) ............

747 - 2019-01-09 3:13 PM...............….The only damage Brian was to the pride of an MP. one who can be very outspoken herself on matters. I think the use of 'a baying mob' is a bit dramatic.

As I said in my earlier post, there has been no instant reaction to the knife murders in some of our big Cities. No instant action against the violence in our Prisons. So can I conclude (as you always do) that it is the new norm and you are quite happy about it?

The incident was filmed, so that it could be instantly uploaded (OK, it was for the promotion of one person, the obnoxious Mr Goddard) and was a 'stunt', nothing more, nothing less. An opportunity that seemingly has worked very well.

Outspoken yes, but not so far as I am aware to the extent of gathering a gang around her to harass her opponents and shouting in their faces from a couple of feet away. This was no debate, just crude intimidation. Did you actually see the film, or just the reports?

Whether or not one agrees with her, she is an elected MP and should be treated with respect, just as you or I should be treated, left or right, male or female, white or other, religious or not, whatever our sexual orientation; not bawled out on the pretext that it gives us a "taste of reality". What reality is that, please?

What relevance has the upsurge to knife crime to that, or to the drug addled violence of our prisons? The issue that gave rise to the harassment of Anna Soubry was her position on Brexit. How on earth does knife crime or prison violence bear on Brexit?

So no, you should not conclude that I think those issues are the new norm, nor that I "always" take that view - whatever that may mean.

What I do think is that neither issue has the remotest connection to Brexit, and neither gives anyone the slightest excuse for harassing an MP for being forthright in her views about Brexit - or anything else. Peoples' dissenting views should first be heard, and then politely challenged, not offensively shouted down.

It was good that the incident was filmed to expose the appalling way that group sought to silence the views of others with whom they disagree. One doesn't win an argument by intimidatory shouting, one wins it by having a better argument.

You do realise that most of the article you posted refers to the recent abuse from these far right thugs along with an unverified claim of a remainer calling some MP fat.

Until I start seeing video footage of remainers chasing and aggressively abusing women on their own then it would appear the real abuse and threatening behaviour is only coming from one side. Why am I not surprised?

Guest pelmetman
Barryd999 - 2019-01-09 5:20 PM

You do realise that most of the article you posted refers to the recent abuse from these far right thugs along with an unverified claim of a remainer calling some MP fat.

Until I start seeing video footage of remainers chasing and aggressively abusing women on their own then it would appear the real abuse and threatening behaviour is only coming from one side. Why am I not surprised?

Mr Davies told BBC News: 'Like a lot of MPs on all sides of the [brexit] argument, I've been subjected to abuse, threats and malicious allegations.

'It has been going on a long time. So the camera is to protect me and for evidential purposes.

'During the last couple of interviews I've done, I've had people swearing, threatening to find where I live and I've been called scum.

'I've had flag poles shoved in my face and if I have to push objects out of the way, people have made allegations that I've grabbed them.

'So now I switch on the camera every time I walk up and down to College Green.'

So unless you see the evidence from Mr Davies camera you wont believe him? *-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-01-09 5:31 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-01-09 5:20 PM

Mr Davies told BBC News: 'Like a lot of MPs on all sides of the [brexit] argument, I've been subjected to abuse, threats and malicious allegations.

'It has been going on a long time. So the camera is to protect me and for evidential purposes.

'During the last couple of interviews I've done, I've had people swearing, threatening to find where I live and I've been called scum.

'I've had flag poles shoved in my face and if I have to push objects out of the way, people have made allegations that I've grabbed them.

'So now I switch on the camera every time I walk up and down to College Green.'

So unless you see the evidence from Mr Davies camera you wont believe him? *-) .........

No I wont Dave. Im not saying he is lying but there are cameras everywhere. You cant pick your nose outside of westminster if your a polly without someone filming it and putting it on Facebook. Why are we just hearing about his abuse now I wonder? Surely someone would have witnessed it and its almost certain to have been caught on camera.

pelmetman - 2019-01-09 4:14 PM

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-09 3:58 PM

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/06/eu-rules-stopped-britain-deporting-murders-rapists-and-violent-c/

*-) ............

Well, yes, Dominic Raab and the Daily Gruff getting a bit hysterical at referendum time! :-D Not quite what one might expect from an international lawyer - even if he is an ardent Brexiter!

He cheats (as, with his background, he knew full well he was doing) by bundling together a disparate group of 50 convicted criminals for maximum anti-EU effect. See what I mean about manipulation? :-)

It is impossible to comment on 50 individual cases, with at least 50 special pleadings to be taken into account heard, it seems, in various courts, and in any case I'm not a lawyer. So, here's a link to some people who are: http://tinyurl.com/yc5a6prz It gives the least biased explanation I could find of who can do what to whom, when, under what circumstances.

What seems to me to emerge is that some aspects of current UK law make it difficult to extradite EU "nationals".

For example, we frequently "parole" prisoners, on the ground that they no longer present a public threat. The EU judges have upheld appeals against deportation of paroled prisoners on the ground that if the UK judges them safe to release, it can hardly claim them to be such a threat to the public that they are worthy of deportation. Seems a fair argument to me.

In other cases EU judges have held that it is not right to apply a blanket deportation rule post imprisonment because such rules do not take account of individual circumstances, and that deportation should only follow imprisonment if it is judged (with supporting evidence) that the individual remains a threat. Again, this seems fair enough to me.

There are additional conditions that involve duration of residence, so that after 10 years UK residence it becomes substantially more difficult to legally deport, or where the prisoner has dependents living in the UK, especially children who have been born in UK and would have little knowledge of their native language or culture. Maybe, maybe not, depending on the crime, and the capacity of the individual to reform.

However, despite these detailed restrictions, it seems the UK managed to deport 5,301 EU citizens in 2017 for, among other things, such heinous crimes as rough sleeping, so it can hardly a) be impossible and b) the case that the other 5,300 were all drug traffickers, rapists and murderers.

It is also clear that a umber of deportations were thwarted because the cases brought against them were incompetent - something the for which EU cannot be blamed. So, difficult, but demonstrably far from impossible. However, lawyers are well paid, so should be up to their jobs. It therefore seems futile to argue that the fault in these cases lies with the EU, and not with the competence of the lawyers the UK chose to put up to support their cases.

I don't expect you to like this, because you seem to think that the UK should be able to chuck out whoever it chooses to chuck out, on whatever pretext it decides appropriate, without the right to appeal.

I disagree, and consider the checks and balances reasonable and proportionate even if they do mean we are obliged to retain a few individuals we would probably all be happier to wave bye-bye.

The right to summarily imprison, release, or deport individuals died along with the divine right of Kings when Charles 1st's head was removed by Cromwell. Since then, we have developed a democracy based on the rule of law. It can never be perfect, but it works well in the great majority of cases, and realistically, that is the best that can be expected. It is far better IMO than placing unbridled faith in "the state" to behave reasonably when irritated by those it considers a nuisance, or in the rule of the mob.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-01-09 6:37 PM

However, despite these detailed restrictions, it seems the UK managed to deport 5,301 EU citizens in 2017 for, among other things, such heinous crimes as rough sleeping, so it can hardly a) be impossible and b) the case that the other 5,300 were all drug traffickers, rapists and murderers.

As I understand it the number we managed to deport was 6,500 via the European arrest warrant :-| .......

Which means the EU "allowed" us to deport their citizens who were "wanted" for crimes in other countries! *-) .......

You really couldn't make this EU sh*t it up >:-) .........

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/britain-deported-6500-criminals-past-8021322

Brian Kirby - 2019-01-09 4:52 PM

747 - 2019-01-09 3:13 PM...............….The only damage Brian was to the pride of an MP. one who can be very outspoken herself on matters. I think the use of 'a baying mob' is a bit dramatic.

Outspoken yes, but not so far as I am aware to the extent of gathering a gang around her to harass her opponents and shouting in their faces from a couple of feet away. This was no debate, just crude intimidation. Did you actually see the film, or just the reports?

Whether or not one agrees with her, she is an elected MP and should be treated with respect, just as you or I should be treated, left or right, male or female, white or other, religious or not, whatever our sexual orientation; not bawled out on the pretext that it gives us a "taste of reality". What reality is that, please?

What relevance has the upsurge to knife crime to that, or to the drug addled violence of our prisons? The issue that gave rise to the harassment of Anna Soubry was her position on Brexit. How on earth does knife crime or prison violence bear on Brexit?

So no, you should not conclude that I think those issues are the new norm, nor that I "always" take that view - whatever that may mean.

What I do think is that neither issue has the remotest connection to Brexit, and neither gives anyone the slightest excuse for harassing an MP for being forthright in her views about Brexit - or anything else. Peoples' dissenting views should first be heard, and then politely challenged, not offensively shouted down.

It was good that the incident was filmed to expose the appalling way that group sought to silence the views of others with whom they disagree. One doesn't win an argument by intimidatory shouting, one wins it by having a better argument.

Your seeming acceptance of a 2 tier Society is showing Brian.

An MP gets shouted at and you are up in arms about it. A sharp rise in murder and violent crime has not elicited a peep out of you. I am talking about a change in Society, not Brexit. I have made absolutely no comment on Brexit in this thread. I am not bothered what the outcome of Brexit is, I am too worried at the prospect of a Marxist UK under Comrade Corbyn (which looks inevitable). 8-)

The hoohah outside Parliament is symptomatic of a fractured Society. Brexit has only amplified what was already happening.

pelmetman - 2019-01-09 6:54 PM

As I understand it the number we managed to deport was 6,500 via the European arrest warrant :-| .......

Which means the EU "allowed" us to deport their citizens who were "wanted" for crimes in other countries! *-) .......

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/britain-deported-6500-criminals-past-8021322

Your rabid obsession over deportation from UK has more than a touch of irony about it coming from a bloke currently flouting this countries regulation in order to overstay in Spain. Your faux 'concern' is not so much about criminality but more about them being non-British. This is very clear as you never post about British citizens engaging similar criminality either here or in another country....almost as though British have some kind of specialty or exemption.

I think this arrogance is partly what's led you to believe you are above the law in conniving ways to overstay in Spain. You want 'specialty' and feel entitled to be exempt from laws/regulations you don't particularly care for, but want applied to any 'johnny foreigner' in UK.

The one point i'd agree with is "you really couldn't make this sh1t up"......apart from Pelmethead.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-09 10:32 PM

Your rabid obsession over deportation from UK has more than a touch of irony about it coming from a bloke currently flouting this countries regulation in order to overstay in Spain. Your faux 'concern' is not so much about criminality but more about them being non-British. This is very clear as you never post about British citizens engaging similar criminality either here or in another country....almost as though British have some kind of specialty or exemption.

I think this arrogance is partly what's led you to believe you are above the law in conniving ways to overstay in Spain. You want 'specialty' and feel entitled to be exempt from laws/regulations you don't particularly care for, but want applied to any 'johnny foreigner' in UK.

The one point i'd agree with is "you really couldn't make this sh1t up"......apart from Pelmethead.

I'm not flouting the law am I........We haven't left yet ;-) .........and when we do I will follow the Spanish rules for non EU citizens B-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-01-09 10:38 PM

I'm not flouting the law am I........

Yes....NHS regulations 2004.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-09 10:59 PM

Get your dictionary out Bullet ;-) .......

I said Law *-) ........

law

noun

the system of rules which a particular country or community recognizes as regulating the actions of its members and which it may enforce by the imposition of penalties.

Besides I doubt the NHS are bothered by us folk who spend our time abroad not being a burden on them :D .......

pelmetman - 2019-01-09 11:05 PM

I said Law *-) ........

It's no good using pedantry to excuse your abuse. By remaining out of the UK for 3 months or longer you cease to be eligible for NHS treatment. It's also a government legislation so is law.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-01-09 11:21 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-09 11:05 PM

I said Law *-) ........

It's no good using pedantry to excuse your abuse. By remaining out of the UK for 3 months or longer you cease to be eligible for NHS treatment. It's also a government legislation so is law.

It's just as well I came home for Christmas then :D .........

Archived