Bulletguy

Bulletguy - 2019-01-27 10:43 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-27 10:22 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-27 10:14 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-27 9:42 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-27 9:01 PM

pelmetman - 2019-01-27 7:41 PM

Tracker - 2019-01-27 2:32 PM

Maybe it has more to do with motivation and German workers not taking sickies when they feel like it and producing a higher standard of workmanship?

Maybe that's another EU myth Rich ;-) .........

https://www.acea.be/statistics/tag/category/per-capita-production

Ooooer Mrs 8-) ........UK workers are more productive than the Germans >:-) ........

Higher production doesn't necessarily equate to higher standards though....which German auto workers have long been known for.

Higher standards? :-S ..........

https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/reviews/recommended/most-reliable-cars

Lexus NX SUV. ...

Kia Sorento SUV. ...

Toyota Prius hatchback. ...

Mazda MX-5 roadster. ...

Peugeot 3008 SUV. ...

Honda CR-V SUV (2012-2018) ...

Mazda CX-5 SUV. ...

Toyota Verso MPV (2013-2018)

Lets play spot the German maker? (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

No problem..... (lol)(lol)(lol)(lol)*-)

10 Most Reliable German Cars 2018

2018 Audi A4.

2018 Audi A4 allroad. ...

2018 BMW 2 Series. ...

2018 BMW 3 Series. ...

2018 BMW 5 Series. ...

2018 BMW 7 Series. ...

2018 Mercedes-Benz E-Class. ...

2018 Porsche 911.

Nice try Dumb Dumb.........So where did they come when compared to other makes??? >:-) .........

Didn't need any trying......Planker. No comparison when it comes to reliability either. Why else are Mercs the first choice of most German taxi drivers? Capable of crazy mileage. Not surprised at the Audi A4 either as my son has one which he bought with 25 or 30k on the clock and now has 185k yet still looks and performs like new. His wifes is a 2018 model but i'd prefer my sons older one as her Audi has the daft start/stop on which i find a nuisance to drive.

The clue might be in German Merc. German taxi driver. *-)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teflon2 - 2019-01-28 6:40 PM

Surprised to find it's also the favoured choice for Albanian taxi drivers as roads there can go from smooth tarmac to rough with frequency.....though not the later models. They go for the old E Class which had stronger suspension than later ones.

Bulletguy - 2019-01-28 6:53 PM

Surprised to find it's also the favoured choice for Albanian taxi drivers as roads there can go from smooth tarmac to rough with frequency.....though not the later models. They go for the old E Class which had stronger suspension than later ones.

There is a strong trade in stolen Mercs ending up in Eastern Europe. It's part of the charm of having no EU Borders. :D The days are long gone when they were stolen, moved to Spain and then shipped to North Africa for onward movement South. I knew a Belgian guy who made Pies in Salou during the Summer and smuggled cars South during the Winter. :D

747 - 2019-01-28 7:31 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-28 6:53 PM

There is a strong trade in stolen Mercs ending up in Eastern Europe. It's part of the charm of having no EU Borders. :D The days are long gone when they were stolen, moved to Spain and then shipped to North Africa for onward movement South. I knew a Belgian guy who made Pies in Salou during the Summer and smuggled cars South during the Winter. :D

Bulgaria and Romania but neither are Schengen so got to pass through border controls, both of which are strict and slow. Albania of course isn't EU or Schengen and their border officers don't pussy around. Any vehicle is fair game to be pulled, particularly foreign reg motorhomes, though they're looking for drugs more than anything.

Forget Eastern Europe. There's a cracking trade in stolen cars right here in UK. High end stuff, Range Rovers, Audi Q7's, BMW X5's etc......all headed for Uganda because they drive same side as us so RHD vehicles. Most are fitted with Trackers so how are they going?

This lot was found purely by police being patient and not jumping (saw the documentary on it). A Lexus fitted with a Tracker got nicked in London, so police sat tight and watched it's every move. Down at Dover within an hour of it being nicked, then across the channel, next signal they picked up was at Antwerp after which it was on a ship and eventually ended up in Uganda.

UK police contacted Ugandan police with the exact gps location of the car. They got back to them and said, "you'd best send some officers over here asap as there's a lot more than just one". The Ugandan police nabbed the whole gang along with over a million quids worth of cars.

https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/manufacturer-news/2016/03/23/stolen-uk-cars-recovered-from-uganda

Good old Interpol and Europol......might be ok with Interpol but looks like Brexiters want to wave Europol goodbye....oh dear.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-security-eu-europol-cooperation-data-sis-ii-arrest-warrant-police-a8333011.html

https://fullfact.org/europe/brexit-membership-interpol/

Paul, This link describes where and more importantly why cars bound for the AU market are manufactured. This is to back up my comments on profit as the reason for car manufacturers moving from high labour cost countries such as UK and AU. Cheers,

.https://youtu.be/DNnX4MufOs8

If you really believe the statement you made then you are thicker than I took you for. 8-)

Your quote: Bulgaria and Romania but neither are Schengen so got to pass through border controls, both of which are strict and slow. Albania of course isn't EU or Schengen and their border officers don't pussy around. Any vehicle is fair game to be pulled, particularly foreign reg motorhomes, though they're looking for drugs more than anything.

You owe me an apology because I ricked my back while rolling on the floor laughing.

Mind you, you are not as thick as the Government of the late 1980's and 90's who allowed in thousands of Albanians who turned up in the UK stating that they were Kosovans seeking asylum (all accepted without any ID to prove their nationality).

747 - 2019-01-29 9:49 AM

If you really believe the statement you made then you are thicker than I took you for. 8-)

Your quote: Bulgaria and Romania but neither are Schengen so got to pass through border controls, both of which are strict and slow. Albania of course isn't EU or Schengen and their border officers don't pussy around. Any vehicle is fair game to be pulled, particularly foreign reg motorhomes, though they're looking for drugs more than anything.

You owe me an apology because I ricked my back while rolling on the floor laughing.

Mind you, you are not as thick as the Government of the late 1980's and 90's who allowed in thousands of Albanians who turned up in the UK stating that they were Kosovans seeking asylum (all accepted without any ID to prove their nationality).

Ok pedant.....as of six weeks ago or to be pedantic Dec 11th 2018 for BG and RO when the EP voted for them to join "as soon as is possible". I was in both countries seven month ago when neither were not Schengen.....otherwise i wouldn't have had to sit queuing in baking heat to get through. *-)

As for Albania......let me know when it becomes a member state of EU and when it joins Schengen. So pick yourself up off the floor. *-)

Geeco - 2019-01-29 5:45 AM Paul, This link describes where and more importantly why cars bound for the AU market are manufactured. This is to back up my comments on profit as the reason for car manufacturers moving from high labour cost countries such as UK and AU. Cheers,

.https://youtu.be/DNnX4MufOs8
Thanks for the link Gary.....will have a look later..

Bulletguy - 2019-01-29 3:26 PM

Ok pedant.....as of six weeks ago or to be pedantic Dec 11th 2018 for BG and RO when the EP voted for them to join "as soon as is possible". I was in both countries seven month ago when neither were not Schengen.....otherwise i wouldn't have had to sit queuing in baking heat to get through. *-)

As for Albania......let me know when it becomes a member state of EU and when it joins Schengen. So pick yourself up off the floor. *-)

The reference to Albania was referring to stolen vehicles, not the EU members ..... as well you knew. Either that or you truly are the village idiot in your place of residence.

Wow, you went as far as Eastern Europe in a campervan .... you brave soul you.

747 - 2019-01-29 5:07 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-01-29 3:26 PM

The reference to Albania was referring to stolen vehicles, not the EU members ..... as well you knew. Either that or you truly are the village idiot in your place of residence.

Albania......stolen vehicle market? You having a laugh or what? There's way more money made in Mafia run drug trade than cars.

Wow, you went as far as Eastern Europe in a campervan .... you brave soul you.

Always have. Most of my touring is in East European countries. Why go to a country rammed with chip shops and Irish pubs serving roast beef and yorkshire pud when i can get that in UK? :-|

Guest pelmetman
747 - 2019-01-29 10:34 PM

You need to broaden your horizons young man. Travel broadens the mind dontcha know.

In your case you will need to travel extensively and for a long time, I hope you can fund it. :D

Comrade Bullet only like's to visit ex Soviet right wing countries ;-) ..........

Archived