Chelston Motorhomes

TheEscapist

flyboyprowler - 2019-06-15 6:44 PM

...My feeling is that Paul ordered just air on the front (part air) and original springs for the back, and this maybe the reason why he has an unpleasant ride...

The Iveco-based Carthago Liner-for-Two purchased was (unlike its Ducato-predecessor) not a special order.

The Iveco Carthago came with factory-fitted air-suspension only on its rear-axle and Paul chose to have VB air-suspension retro-fitted to the vehicle’s front-axle after the motorhome had been delivered to Chelston Motorhomes. Clearly Paul could have test-driven the Iveco Carthago (and may well have done) before VB air was added to the front suspension, but, realistically, the effect of that modification could only be assessed after the modification had been made.

Although long multi-page forum threads are often hard work, it seems plain enough to me from this one what the sequence has been regarding Paul obtaining the two Carthagos - all that needs to be done is read the earlier pages carefully...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone

I owe you all an update. Sorry for the delay.

Our motorhoming days are over after a short-lived experience.

I can’t tell you the reasons why as Chelston settled with me on the basis of them admitting no liability and with the settlement being confidential and no discussion allowed on social media.

I stick to what I agree to and so I won’t give any details. I gave it my best shot, not once but twice but clearly it wasn’t destined to be.

I just want to thank you all, particularly Derek Uzzell, who has been so kind and helpful. You are also very perceptive, Derek.

I have no hard feelings towards anyone at all. All’s well that ends well as they say.

Good bye

Paul

At the Motorhome Matters forum’s head there is just one ‘sticky' thread (this one)

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/ALL-FORUM-MEMBERS-PLEASE-READ/47195/

that encourages forum members to identify their motorhome.

A ’sticky’ thread will remain permanemtly visible and its objective is to provide general information continuously. Paul’s Carthago experience has been far from generalised and I believe that turning this thread into a ’sticky’ would be inappropriate.

For Paul this will not have been a happy experience. He has now explained why he cannot provide further details and - given the circumstances - I suggest that continuing to comment on the thread would be impolite.

I believe that a line should now be drawn and, consequently, I’ve frozen the thread.

Archived