• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barryd999 - 2019-07-22 2:05 PM

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-22 11:25 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-07-22 12:08 PM

John52 - 2019-07-22 10:55 AM

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-22 9:37 AM

in those countries it thinks will prosper.

Oh dear. Well I'll try again. Why is he not invested in the UK if he thinks Brexit is such a good thing *-)

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-22 9:37 AM he recently bought a five million pound house in London. Is this the action of a man who thinks that the economy is going to crash with the resultant collapse in house prices?

*-) At the risk of stating the obvious its the action of a man who is buying a house to live in.

Its a fair question. If Smuggy and his company invest in emerging markets, isnt that what he promised the UK would be? Were we not told how we would fly once free of the EU shackles? Britain will be an emerging market will it not? He should put his money where his mouth is.

It's not a fair question, it's a stupid question. You clearly have no idea what an 'emerging market' is. And in case you haven't worked it out yet, it's not HIS money.

I see your still not very "funny" FunnyJohn. (lol)

I do know what an emerging market is actually, you even went to the trouble of explaining it earlier. An emerging market does not have to be some third world country thats suddenly started to boom though. Why can it not be an existing economy that apparently is going to have a whole host of new and fantastic opportunities? This is the the way Brexit was described so you would think they would be keen to invest here as well.

Smuggy is estimated to have made over £7m personally since the referendum from his emerging markets. Of course a no deal Brexit will help these emerging markets considerably I expect if we end up offering the world tariff free access which seems to be one of the bonkers Brexit plans.

If you think people like Smug have the best interests of this country at heart than your crackers.

It's really pointless trying to debate this with you if you're unable to understand the difference between an emerging market such as Russia or India and a mature market such as the UK and Germany or Sweden etc.

No brexiteer has ever claimed that the UK can experience the kind of growth that we can expect from India or the Philippines for example as emerging market countries start from a very low base. My own view is that the economy may well take a slight knock as we adjust to the new conditions and negotiate new trading terms. However, it's also my view that this will be a temporary state of affairs and that our long-term growth will be far better after we've escaped from the clutches of the EU.

And the fact that JRM has made money from his shareholding in SCM is irrelevant to the referendum and Brexit debate. That's because he own a percentage of the company and it's done well out of its investments in emerging market countries.

And I do believe that JRM has the country's interests at heart. He and I and millions of others sincerely believe that leaving the EU will benefit everyone and the poorest in particular. The poor and our services such as the NHS benefit when the country has good growth and increasing tax revenues. Under Labour the country will go the same way as it always has when run by that shower. Withing a year or two they'll run out of spending other people's money, increase taxation on everyone and if we're really unlucky and get the Marxist Brothers we'll end up as an offshore Venezuela.

Birdbrain - 2019-07-22 4:06 PM

Are the haters questioning all politicians private investments or is it just the latest hate figure Mr Rees Mogg who's in for it ???

The problem is that they simply can't understand what Somerset Capital Management does, has always done and is obliged to do to fulfil its duty to its investors. They also have difficulty grasping the growth potential of emerging markets such as Mexico or Thailand and mature economies such as the UK or France or Norway etc.

All they have is baseless accusations about how JRM has taken his millions and his mythical hedge fund to Dublin!

They're so financially ignorant that they think that a firm that has taken money from investors with the promise that it will be invested in emerging markets, can suddenly renege on that and switch all its funds into the UK! It's a bit worrying that the level of debate has come to this.

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-22 3:12 PM

Oh dear. Well I'll try again. Why is he not invested in the UK if he thinks Brexit is such a good thing *-)

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-22 9:37 AM he recently bought a five million pound house in London. Is this the action of a man who thinks that the economy is going to crash with the resultant collapse in house prices?

*-) At the risk of stating the obvious its the action of a man who is buying a house to live in.

Its a fair question. If Smuggy and his company invest in emerging markets, isnt that what he promised the UK would be? Were we not told how we would fly once free of the EU shackles? Britain will be an emerging market will it not? He should put his money where his mouth is.

It's not a fair question, it's a stupid question. You clearly have no idea what an 'emerging market' is. And in case you haven't worked it out yet, it's not HIS money.

I do know what an emerging market is actually, you even went to the trouble of explaining it earlier. An emerging market does not have to be some third world country thats suddenly started to boom though. Why can it not be an existing economy that apparently is going to have a whole host of new and fantastic opportunities? This is the the way Brexit was described so you would think they would be keen to invest here as well.

Smuggy is estimated to have made over £7m personally since the referendum from his emerging markets. Of course a no deal Brexit will help these emerging markets considerably I expect if we end up offering the world tariff free access which seems to be one of the bonkers Brexit plans.

If you think people like Smug have the best interests of this country at heart than your crackers.

My own view is that the economy may well take a slight knock as we adjust to the new conditions and negotiate new trading terms. However, it's also my view that this will be a temporary state of affairs and that our long-term growth will be far better after we've escaped from the clutches of the EU.

And I do believe that JRM has the country's interests at heart. He and I and millions of others sincerely believe that leaving the EU will benefit everyone and the poorest in particular. The poor and our services such as the NHS benefit when the country has good growth and increasing tax revenues.

(lol)

OMG You really still believe all that? How are all those roll over trade negotiations going that Foxy promised us would all be done by March 31? "Temporary state of affairs, slight knock". Oh stop it!! Im pissing myself here, my sides hurt!

Then I read the second bit above and nearly called an ambulance. (lol) You actually believe Brexit will help the poor and save the NHS! The Tories (my old party remember) have been running down the NHS in order to privatise it for years and now they have a buyer all lined up with the one trade deal they are likely to get as long as they are prepared to bend the country over and let The Don give us a good seeing to with no lube. Jeeesaz.

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-22 3:19 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-07-22 4:06 PM

Are the haters questioning all politicians private investments or is it just the latest hate figure Mr Rees Mogg who's in for it ???

The problem is that they simply can't understand what Somerset Capital Management does, has always done and is obliged to do to fulfil its duty to its investors. They also have difficulty grasping the growth potential of emerging markets such as Mexico or Thailand and mature economies such as the UK or France or Norway etc.

All they have is baseless accusations about how JRM has taken his millions and his mythical hedge fund to Dublin!

They're so financially ignorant that they think that a firm that has taken money from investors with the promise that it will be invested in emerging markets, can suddenly renege on that and switch all its funds into the UK! It's a bit worrying that the level of debate has come to this.

I think they understand perfectly what Somerset Capital Management does ... Trouble is 3 years of hate hurt has frazzled the haters and any mention of Mr Rees Mogg or Boris sends them into a hate frenzy and you could explain what his company does till your Tory blue in the face it would not make any difference to em ... Its our brave new world

Barryd999 - 2019-07-22 4:29 PM

My own view is that the economy may well take a slight knock as we adjust to the new conditions and negotiate new trading terms. However, it's also my view that this will be a temporary state of affairs and that our long-term growth will be far better after we've escaped from the clutches of the EU.

And I do believe that JRM has the country's interests at heart. He and I and millions of others sincerely believe that leaving the EU will benefit everyone and the poorest in particular. The poor and our services such as the NHS benefit when the country has good growth and increasing tax revenues.

(lol)

OMG You really still believe all that? How are all those roll over trade negotiations going that Foxy promised us would all be done by March 31? "Temporary state of affairs, slight knock". Oh stop it!! Im pissing myself here, my sides hurt!

Then I read the second bit above and nearly called an ambulance. (lol) You actually believe Brexit will help the poor and save the NHS! The Tories (my old party remember) have been running down the NHS in order to privatise it for years and now they have a buyer all lined up with the one trade deal they are likely to get as long as they are prepared to bend the country over and let The Don give us a good seeing to with no lube. Jeeesaz.

Another myth. Please provide evidence that the Tories are going to privatise the NHS. Outsourcing some NHS services began with Labour in 2003. I look forward to your link that proves your claim that the Tories intend privatising the entire NHS.

My own view, when I read about the daily maladministration, and death after death because of mistakes, is that the NHS would be better privatised. There's never been a nationalised organisation that's efficient, spends its money wisely and works for all. But it's not going to happen. If you think that the Tories will meddle with this sacred cow you're in cloud cuckoo land. One thing that they do know is that it would be electoral suicide.

Bring on the evidence please.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/06/05/no-trump-is-not-about-to-privatise-the-nhs/

....(waffle and tripe removed)...The poor and our services such as the NHS benefit when the country has good growth and increasing tax revenues.....(waffle and tripe removed)....

Actually that sentence makes sense 8-)

Was it a mistake ;-)

For the growth we need to continue free trade with the EU.

For increasing tax revenues we need the EU wide tax treaty to get into Her Majesty's Tax Havens where your £billionaire 'newspaper' owners are domiciled. Why do you think they are so keen to get us out of the EU before that happens *-)

John52 - 2019-07-22 5:25 PM

....(waffle and tripe removed)...The poor and our services such as the NHS benefit when the country has good growth and increasing tax revenues.....(waffle and tripe removed)....

Actually that sentence makes sense 8-)

Was it a mistake ;-)

For the growth we need to continue free trade with the EU.

For increasing tax revenues we need the EU wide tax treaty to get into Her Majesty's Tax Havens where your £billionaire 'newspaper' owners are domiciled. Why do you think they are so keen to get us out of the EU before that happens *-)

Which are her Majesty's tax havens? I did ask you earlier how the EU intends to tax people who aren't in its jurisdiction but so far no answer.

The EU should begin by dealing with the tax havens in its own borders. This gave me a chuckle! ;-)

https://www.icij.org/investigations/luxembourg-leaks/seven-eu-countries-labeled-tax-havens-in-parliament-report/

This is fun!

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-22 3:48 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-07-22 4:29 PM

(lol)

Another myth. Please provide evidence that the Tories are going to privatise the NHS. Outsourcing some NHS services began with Labour in 2003. I look forward to your link that proves your claim that the Tories intend privatising the entire NHS.

My own view, when I read about the daily maladministration, and death after death because of mistakes, is that the NHS would be better privatised. There's never been a nationalised organisation that's efficient, spends its money wisely and works for all. But it's not going to happen. If you think that the Tories will meddle with this sacred cow you're in cloud cuckoo land. One thing that they do know is that it would be electoral suicide.

Bring on the evidence please.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/06/05/no-trump-is-not-about-to-privatise-the-nhs/

Find your own evidence by opening your eyes. It's a bit ironic that you just "believe" Brexit will be great despite three years of overwhelming facts, expert opinions and evidence that it just won't be. What was it Trump and that odious ambassador said "everything is on the table including the NHS". Of course Trump tried to retract that later being too thick to realise it was maybe a bad move to let the cat out of the bag so early on live TV.

We are already seeing how pathetic we are in standing up to Trump and the US. They are already starting to call the shots. We will be a total laughing stock a few years from now. Take back control!!! Jeeezas! That's funny.

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-22 5:08 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-07-22 6:02 PM

Find your own evidence by opening your eyes.

I'll translate that for everyone: 'I haven't got any evidence so I'll do the old trick of passing the buck to you.'

Good try though!

Now whose favourite phrase is that? (lol)(lol)

Bulletguy - 2019-07-22 6:58 PM

I'll translate that for everyone: 'I haven't got any evidence so I'll do the old trick of passing the buck to you.'

Good try though!

Well, yours for one. I remember one example when I had you on the ropes and you couldn't back up another preposterous claim. Your answer was to tell me to look it up myself! Believe me, if you'd found the evidence you'd have been triumphantly parading it.

Most go now. I'm out for the night with my accountant. We're looking for a few EU tax havens to put some of my investments in. Good old EU eh?

Bulletguy - 2019-07-22 5:58 PM

Good try though!

If it works princess then it works ... Who cares who's phrase it is ... Sure Barry will be along to provide something , anything to back up his Hollywood claim

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-22 6:10 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-07-22 6:58 PM

Good try though!

Well, yours for one.

Nope, have another try Guffer.

Most go now. I'm out for the night with my accountant. We're looking for a few EU tax havens to put some of my investments in. Good old EU eh?

"Most" you? Have you had the front door widened?

John Snow on Twitter

You simply could not have made it up! Less than 24 hrs before the most pro-Brexit PM ever is named, Trump refuses to come the UK's aid in protecting UK ships off Iran. Necessitating Foreign Secretary Hunt to beg the European powers we seek to leave, to help out!

pepe63 - 2019-07-23 7:48 AM

With him barreling onto the forum only to immediately start insulting people ..thick..stupid..etc coupled with his "I'm off out now" lines, "Funster john" sounds very much like "Had Enough "?......

....could it be......?

Could be. Who goes for a night out with an accountant an all? Sounds like summat he would do. (lol) Mind you I married one. 8-)

Guest pelmetman

With him barreling onto the forum only to immediately start insulting people ..thick..stupid..etc coupled with his "I'm off out now" lines, "Funster john" sounds very much like "Had Enough "?......

....could it be......?

Unlikely.......seeing as you were his number one fan ;-) .........

Barryd999 - 2019-07-23 9:48 AM

....could it be......?

Could be. Who goes for a night out with an accountant an all? Sounds like summat he would do. (lol) Mind you I married one. 8-)

Next time I make a joke about going out with my accountant in order to find the best EU tax haven to put my millions, or any joke for that matter, I'll preface it with a warning: 'Barry999, this is a joke'.

I've not even got a flipping accountant!

pepe63 - 2019-07-23 8:48 AM

....could it be......?

Sorry to disappoint you. I came on here for one reason. I'd put up with the appalling Bulletguy on Fun, where there was much rejoicing when he left because he was too tight to pay a tenner. I've browsed this and other forums, mainly Facts, for several years. This one in particular was always enjoyable, mainly because I enjoyed the way a couple of members would wind up and infuriate the remoaners, who can't stand the fact that there are people out there who disagree with them. Bulletguy's disgraceful slanders, lies and insults to anyone who dares to disagree with him finally got to me and I decided to take him on and highlight what he really is and expose some of his more blatant lies. If I've insulted anyone else it will only be in response to similar invective from them.

If you've never noticed the way that this man slanders and insults anyone whom he doesn't like then you must have a very selective memory.

As for 'I'm off out now'. What's that about? I've probably said that twice when I've been in a long debate with someone and considered it good manners to tell them that I won't be able to respond for some time. I'm off out now as well, is that OK?

FunsterJohn - 2019-07-23 9:54 AM

pepe63 - 2019-07-23 8:48 AM

....could it be......?

Sorry to disappoint you. I came on here for one reason. I'd put up with the appalling Bulletguy on Fun, where there was much rejoicing when he left because he was too tight to pay a tenner. I've browsed this and other forums, mainly Facts, for several years. This one in particular was always enjoyable, mainly because I enjoyed the way a couple of members would wind up and infuriate the remoaners, who can't stand the fact that there are people out there who disagree with them. Bulletguy's disgraceful slanders, lies and insults to anyone who dares to disagree with him finally got to me and I decided to take him on and highlight what he really is and expose some of his more blatant lies. If I've insulted anyone else it will only be in response to similar invective from them.

If you've never noticed the way that this man slanders and insults anyone whom he doesn't like then you must have a very selective memory.

As for 'I'm off out now'. What's that about? I've probably said that twice when I've been in a long debate with someone and considered it good manners to tell them that I won't be able to respond for some time. I'm off out now as well, is that OK?

Not being funny but that all sounds a bit stalkery to me. You go on FACTS? Not seen you on the Brexit thread in the subs bar on there, its the longest running one in the history of the world, over three years. Give it a go! Your input would be useful I am sure.

Anyway back to Iran and the shipnap.

Its just farcical now. It also shows just how you cannot trust the Yanks and how much we need the EU.

The US asks us to seize an Iranian tanker.

In retaliation Iran seizes our tanker and we ask US for assistance.

The US tells us we're on our own.

The UK then goes to the EU for help, a "Euroforce" to protect the Gulf as explained by Hunt! Oooh. Sounds a bit like an EU Army everyone was terrified of for reasons nobody really understands.

The US set us up and then ran away. The tanker we seized wasn't even breaking EU sanctions as they only involve EU countries supplying Syria. We have again tried to put blame on the EU.

We have been used as a pawn in the US Iranian conflict and it shows that even when acting in the US interests, they will be happy to throw us under a bus. History has also shown that the US don't come to our aid unless it's to their benefit.

So what have we learned. You cannot trust or rely on the US but we can and do need to rely on Europe.

Barryd999 - 2019-07-23 10:42 AM

The US set us up and then ran away.

Thats what they do.

Just like the first Iraq invasion where Bush encouraged the Iraq resistance to rise up against Saddam Hussein.

Got halfway to Baghdad then turned round and left them to their fate....:-(

But the sort of people who voted Boris in suck up to the US (only country with higher inequality than Britain) because they consider anyone to the left of Donald Trump - like the rest of Europe, to be Communists. *-)

As far as I can see though, on this occasion it wasn't the US that asked us to seize the Iranan tanker - arguably going about its lawful business since Iran is not bound by sanctions against Syria. It was HM Tax Haven Gibraltar (who has become wealthy by sucking tax revenue from Spain and Britain and pays nothing towards our Military) goading us into a conflct with the Spanish - Again >:-)

....could it be......?

Seem to remember he had a peculiar penchant for "Dogging"? (lol)

Archived