Does Boris have a Cunning Plan?

StuartO

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-07-28 10:03 AM

pelmetman - 2019-07-28 8:54 AM

They just need to leave their trailers unlocked so Custom staff can carry out random checks as they do for goods coming from everywhere else in the world ;-) .........

Containers, probably refrigerated, are packed floor to ceiling with goods. Tankers with hidden compartments. Vehicles are parked so close together they can't even open the doors. Let alone move them on to a loading ramp where they can unload them to check the goods inside and look for hidden compartments in the trailer or tank.

Whats the use of any check when smugglers know all they can do is open the back door enough to peek inside *-)

So containers from the rest of the world arrive half empty? *-) ...........

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
malc d - 2019-07-28 9:59 AM

Why do the drivers need to be on the car deck? *-) ..........

For insurances purposes.

They can make sure that nothing gets knicked in their absence.

:-|

or planted.. etc.

Nobody should be on the vehicle decks due to risk of stuff sliding about in a rough sea. Need to contain fire etc etc

Crew go on if they have to but they are trained

Mad Hatter seems to think they can have lorries moving around on to loading bays offloading goods *-)

pelmetman - 2019-07-28 10:05 AM

John52 - 2019-07-28 10:03 AM

They just need to leave their trailers unlocked so Custom staff can carry out random checks as they do for goods coming from everywhere else in the world ;-) .........

Containers, probably refrigerated, are packed floor to ceiling with goods. Tankers with hidden compartments. Vehicles are parked so close together they can't even open the doors. Let alone move them on to a loading ramp where they can unload them to check the goods inside and look for hidden compartments in the trailer or tank.

Whats the use of any check when smugglers know all they can do is open the back door enough to peek inside *-)

So containers from the rest of the world arrive half empty? *-) ...........

Few containers from anywhere arrive half empty. Its not economic. Neither is leaving space around vehicles on a ferry. So how are you proposing to check the goods inside them *-)

Ports have to have undercover offloading facilities to check goods. They can't check every vehicle. But they have to have the facilities to single out any vehicle and completely unload it to check it thouroughly. Otherwise smugglers will soon cotton on to the fact there will be no effective check.

You can't do this on the vehicle deck of a ferry.

However long the crossing - and the channel is only 75 minutes or so.

It sounds like something else that has come out of the mouth of an Eton Toff who has never done a proper day's work in his over-priveleged life and has no understanding of what he is talking about.

Someone who just has the ideas and leaves it to his pooper scoopers to make them work'

The pooper scoopers who will be frantically trying to make a deal with the EU when he has failed and taken us out of the EU without one.

I used to think you were a practical working man with more sense :-S

John52 - 2019-07-28 10:22 AM

It sounds like something else that has come out of the mouth of an Eton Toff who has never done a proper day's work in his over-priveleged life and has no understanding of what he is talking about.

I thought it was Daves idea.

Are you accusing Dave of being an over-privileged Eton toff ?

malc d - 2019-07-28 11:18 AM

No.

Just being brainwashed by one.

Bet it only took a penn'orth of soap powder too :D

Guest pelmetman

(lol) (lol) (lol) .........If being brought up one of six in a 2 bed rented flat and managing to escape being educated at a bog standard Comp makes me a Toff? 8-) .........

I can only say to Peter/James/John52 or what ever his current name is? :-S .........

Should be celebrating my rise to Toffdom ;-) ........After all isn't that what he wants? >:-) ........

P1010899.JPG.2359c0b7b3ea400d74c4695c1fa4a50d.JPG

pelmetman - 2019-07-28 4:44 PM

(lol) (lol) (lol) .........If being brought up one of six in a 2 bed rented flat and managing to escape being educated at a bog standard Comp makes me a Toff? 8-) .........

Should be celebrating my rise to Toffdom ;-) ........After all isn't that what he wants? >:-) ........

Brainwashington more like.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-07-28 5:48 PM

So says the bloke who still believes in Communism 8-) .........

(lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

P1010899.JPG.934b259c91c9f55674b93bcee22a4dc4.JPG

pelmetman - 2019-07-28 9:36 AM

Brian Kirby - 2019-07-27 5:15 PM

Where there were no border posts, the roads were closed at the border.

That must be why the IRA weren't (Ironic) able smuggle bombs and weapons into NI *-) .........

Dave, if you don't know the history, at least use yer loaf! There are no border fences. All you have to do is walk through an adjoining field and jump into a car on the other side. There are approx 260 road crossings, some of which are private roads. Many are small lanes. The crossing roads did not all have control points, most were blocked by tank traps. People have mobile phones. Farmers have tractors with hydraulic front loaders, money changes hands, traps get lifted away, vehicles pass, traps are put back, all under cover of darkness. Rivers cross the border, boats can go down rivers. There is money to be made, so people invent ways of getting around the blockages. It was/is a local game on both sides. Anyone snitching gets knee capped - or worse. Old habits die hard. The "boys" are still around. Where there's a will, there's a way. Get real: you're living in unicorn land.

pelmetman - 2019-07-28 6:29 PM

So says the bloke who still believes in Communism 8-) .........(lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

So given your aversion to 'commies' and Communism you will be renouncing your support for Brexit?

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-07-28 9:33 PM

So says the bloke who still believes in Communism 8-) .........(lol) (lol) (lol) ..........

So given your aversion to 'commies' and Communism you will be renouncing your support for Brexit?

If Putin doesn't object to using useful idiots ;-) .............

Why should us Brexiteers? :D .........

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-07-28 8:16 PM

That must be why the IRA weren't (Ironic) able smuggle bombs and weapons into NI *-) .........

Dave, if you don't know the history, at least use yer loaf! There are no border fences. All you have to do is walk through an adjoining field and jump into a car on the other side. There are approx 260 road crossings, some of which are private roads. Many are small lanes. The crossing roads did not all have control points, most were blocked by tank traps. People have mobile phones. Farmers have tractors with hydraulic front loaders, money changes hands, traps get lifted away, vehicles pass, traps are put back, all under cover of darkness. Rivers cross the border, boats can go down rivers. There is money to be made, so people invent ways of getting around the blockages. It was/is a local game on both sides. Anyone snitching gets knee capped - or worse. Old habits die hard. The "boys" are still around. Where there's a will, there's a way. Get real: you're living in unicorn land.

Which is exactly why Boris is right to say that WE will not install a border ;-) ........

If the EU want to......that's THEIR problem >:-) ............

pelmetman - 2019-07-29 8:31 AM

Why would he? As head puppet master he pulls the strings you fools have danced to as useful fools.

Renounce your support? Because it would be hypocritical to be disparaging about a political group which supports your Brexit cause. It shows everyone that you've never really been as "together" as you try to portray. Commies are your friends......embrace your new friendship or renounce Brexit. It's that simple.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-07-29 11:35 AM

pelmetman - 2019-07-29 8:31 AM

Why would he? As head puppet master he pulls the strings you fools have danced to as useful fools.

Renounce your support? Because it would be hypocritical to be disparaging about a political group which supports your Brexit cause. It shows everyone that you've never really been as "together" as you try to portray. Commies are your friends......embrace your new friendship or renounce Brexit. It's that simple.

Is your puppet still denying Putin was involved in Salisbury?.........How about Iran is he still saying Iran didn't mine those ships? >:-) .........

Perhaps you need to review your support of Corbyn? ;-) .........

Unless you prefer traitors to patriots? :-| .......

P1010899.JPG.76c7781b0c3fe906e7dc5935914fe325.JPG

Guest pelmetman

OMG!......Corbyn has a Cunning Plan 8-) ........

"Jeremy Corbyn has been trying out a new tactic to beat Boris Johnson - avoiding using his first name.

Political strategists have highlighted the way the Labour leader has referred to the new PM simply by his surname 'Johnson' in interviews.

They told MailOnline he seemed to be trying to counter the premier being known as 'Boris' in the media - something that has long infuriated Labour MPs."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7296647/Jeremy-Corbyn-denies-Boris-celebrity-status-branding-Johnson.html

pelmetman - 2019-07-29 3:59 PM

"Jeremy Corbyn has been trying out a new tactic to beat Boris Johnson - avoiding using his first name.

Political strategists have highlighted the way the Labour leader has referred to the new PM simply by his surname 'Johnson' in interviews.

They told MailOnline he seemed to be trying to counter the premier being known as 'Boris' in the media - something that has long infuriated Labour MPs."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7296647/Jeremy-Corbyn-denies-Boris-celebrity-status-branding-Johnson.html

You avoid using Jeremy Corbyns first name (as usual).

Then you ridicule him for not using Boris Johnson's first name.

Time you borrowed the Brexit Brain cell so you can see the Irony :D

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-07-29 6:27 PM

My mistake ;-) ......

I'll use Corbyn's first name in future............Ass hole >:-) ......

P1010899.JPG.a02011e0570c348506871126bea545be.JPG

They only address their favourite squeezes by full name, anoint as "Sainted", give fake knighthoods or address as "Mr"........reserving surname use only, often purposely mis-spelt, for those they hate.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-07-29 9:59 PM

They only address their favourite squeezes by full name, anoint as "Sainted", give fake knighthoods or address as "Mr"........reserving surname use only, often purposely mis-spelt, for those they hate.

Perhaps we should just refer to your leaders as "Loser" :D .........and ours as "Winners" B-) ........

P1010899.JPG.2d0e989735701c1d271910060f647aba.JPG

pelmetman - 2019-07-29 10:22 PM

Perhaps we should just refer to your leaders as "Loser" :D .........and ours as "Winners" B-) ........

Does this mean we can stop paying bribes to the DUP to buy Tory votes, and have an election *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-07-30 10:14 AM

pelmetman - 2019-07-29 10:22 PM

Does this mean we can stop paying bribes to the DUP to buy Tory votes, and have an election *-)

Corbyn could have forced an election last week ;-) ............But he bottled it :D .........

Why do you think that was?..........Does he realize he's unelectable? >:-) .........

pelmetman - 2019-07-29 8:34 AM

Which is exactly why Boris is right to say that WE will not install a border ;-) ........

Given the history, I think that is the most naïve statement I've ever read. Why would the border chacks be required - just because the EU felt like it, or because the UK had left the EU? And you really think the paramilitaries won't spot the truth? Dream on!

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-07-30 6:58 PM

pelmetman - 2019-07-29 8:34 AM

Given the history, I think that is the most naïve statement I've ever read. Why would the border chacks be required - just because the EU felt like it, or because the UK had left the EU? And you really think the paramilitaries won't spot the truth? Dream on!

You really are becoming an embarrassing surrender monkey now Brian *-) .........

Archived