Does Boris have a Cunning Plan?

StuartO

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brian Kirby - 2019-07-31 12:33 PM

pelmetman - 2019-07-30 7:07 PM...……………….You really are becoming an embarrassing surrender monkey now Brian *-) .........

Surrender what? I'm talking about common sense and reality, not about surrendering to anyone.

It's still all a game to Pelmet and Brexit acolytes....slinging out absurd terms such as "surrender monkey". "losers". and "Remoaners" etc is all they've got left. They lost all common sense reasoning and reality long ago.

Last night (on newsnight?) I heard mention a plan to stay in customs union for a further 2 years, quite who this will appeal to and what happens on future negotiations I don't know, it may have been just a wild guess.

colin - 2019-07-31 1:21 PM

Last night (on newsnight?) I heard mention a plan to stay in customs union for a further 2 years, quite who this will appeal to and what happens on future negotiations I don't know, it may have been just a wild guess.

Almost everything on the TV " NEWS " is a wild guess these days - speculation has replaced real news for about three years now.

:-(

pelmetman - 2019-07-30 6:51 PM

John52 - 2019-07-30 10:14 AM

Does this mean we can stop paying bribes to the DUP to buy Tory votes, and have an election *-)

Corbyn could have forced an election last week ;-) ............But he bottled it :D .........

Why do you think that was?..........Does he realize he's unelectable? >:-) .........

I'll try again.

I've shortened the question to make it simpler for you.

Does this mean we can stop paying bribes to the DUP to buy Tory votes *-)

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-07-31 3:05 PM

Does this mean we can stop paying bribes to the DUP to buy Tory votes, and have an election *-)

Corbyn could have forced an election last week ;-) ............But he bottled it :D .........

Why do you think that was?..........Does he realize he's unelectable? >:-) .........

I'll try again.

What you call bribes *-) ........

Is UK taxpayers money being spent in the ***UK*** B-) .........

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-07-31 1:59 PM

Remember this from 2017?

Yeah the pounds dropped to levels not seen since 8-) .........

2 years ago (lol) (lol) (lol) .......

Plus I reckon the markets have accepted Corbyn is now the electable equivalent of voting for Ebola :D .........ie no one would be that fecking stupid >:-) .........

Just guessing ;-)...........

Guest pelmetman

pelmetman - 2019-07-30 7:07 PM...……………….You really are becoming an embarrassing surrender monkey now Brian *-) .........

Surrender what? I'm talking about common sense and reality, not about surrendering to anyone.

So using your surrender monkey logic :-| ........

Perhaps we should declare the UK a Caliphate of ISIS and then we can all live happily ever after? 8-) .........

P1010899.JPG.bfbd3aee7150aa5a1418d668f54e3769.JPG

pelmetman - 2019-07-31 3:24 PM

Perhaps we should declare the UK a Caliphate of ISIS and then we can all live happily ever after? 8-) .........

Why? Has ISIS invaded Ireland? What on earth are you on about?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-07-31 3:30 PM

You're the one who suggested we should give into threats from terrorists ;-) ........

So it follows we should give into those that are currently using terrorists tactics in the UK using YOUR LOGIC :-| .......

BTW NI is currently part of the UK :D ...........

P1010899.JPG.0860a6230862191123dada5ba4cb37a3.JPG

Guest pelmetman
colin - 2019-07-31 1:21 PM

If there is "a deal" on the 31st of October then I expect it will include a "Transition period" ;-) ........

Cant say it bothers me dependent on the small print of course >:-) ........

pelmetman - 2019-07-31 3:47 PM

1 You're the one who suggested we should give into threats from terrorists ;-) ........

2 So it follows we should give into those that are currently using terrorists tactics in the UK using YOUR LOGIC :-| .......

3 BTW NI is currently part of the UK :D ...........

1 Where?

2 Who?

3 Yes, so what?

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-07-31 4:39 PM

1 You're the one who suggested we should give into threats from terrorists ;-) ........

2 So it follows we should give into those that are currently using terrorists tactics in the UK using YOUR LOGIC :-| .......

1 Where?

2 Who?

3 Yes, so what?

1......."Given the history, I think that is the most naïve statement I've ever read. Why would the border chacks be required - just because the EU felt like it, or because the UK had left the EU? And you really think the paramilitaries won't spot the truth? Dream on!"

2......You ;-) .......

3.......Is that not you saying the IRA will start trying to bomb us again if we don't surrender???? >:-) ......

P1010899.JPG.32f57afe9ea2eabd16ea49d64c5915a0.JPG

pelmetman - 2019-07-31 3:15 PM

I'll try again.

So do you think its acceptable for England to have inferior funding to the rest of the UK?

Chart doesn't show Northern Ireland which is off the scale with the amount we are being forced to pay the DUP to buy Tory votes >:-)

2049017518_socialcarespending.thumb.png.cf1177bc985badb7e5415e5ecd07b6a2.png

Guest pelmetman
John52 - 2019-07-31 7:21 PM

I'll try again.

So do you think its acceptable for England to have inferior funding to the rest of the UK?

Chart doesn't show Northern Ireland which is off the scale with the amount we are being forced to pay the DUP to buy Tory votes >:-)

No ;-) .........and I'm quite happy for those who don't wish to be part of the union to vote to Leave.......just as I'm happy for them to vote to stay :D ..........

If I weren't I'd be a two faced hypocrite like you Remoaners 8-) ..........

P1010899.JPG.e84be6f9b9c6f5040b2739351d3a100e.JPG

pelmetman - 2019-07-31 7:27 PM

John52 - 2019-07-31 7:21 PM

I'll try again.

No ;-) .........and I'm quite happy for those who don't wish to be part of the union to vote to Leave.......just as I'm happy for them to vote to stay :D ..........

If I weren't I'd be a two faced hypocrite like you Remoaners 8-) ..........

But the ones being fleeced are the English - how can they vote to leave the UK?

pelmetman - 2019-07-31 6:36 PM

1 Where?

2 Who?

3 Yes, so what?

1......."Given the history, I think that is the most naïve statement I've ever read. Why would the border chacks be required - just because the EU felt like it, or because the UK had left the EU? And you really think the paramilitaries won't spot the truth? Dream on!"

2......You ;-) .......

3.......Is that not you saying the IRA will start trying to bomb us again if we don't surrender???? >:-) ......

You said: "Which is exactly why Boris is right to say that WE will not install a border ........ If the EU want to......that's THEIR problem".

To which I replied, as above, ......."Given the history, I think that is the most naïve statement I've ever read. Why would the border checks be required - just because the EU felt like it, or because the UK had left the EU? And you really think the paramilitaries won't spot the truth? Dream on!"

It is already clear that leaving the EU will do the UK, and especially Northern Ireland, considerable economic harm. That alone should be sufficient to persuade sensible people that leaving is a bad idea.

I assume you consider abandoning Brexit to avoid that economic harm would be "surrendering" to the economy? :-S

The problem of the irish border merely exacerbates the foolishness of leaving, adding another risk to the mix.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you consider Brexit worth both the economic damage and the potential for a resurrection of "the troubles", with all the loss of life and maiming that flows from that. I don't, but neither factor is my reason for being against Brexit. They merely add weight.

For all its many imperfections (show me a country anywhere that is "perfect" :-)), I think it better to be in the EU, and able to influence what it does, than outside it with no influence on its decisions. The stupidity of risking the consequent economic damage, and of resurrecting the troubles, merely reinforce that view. Surrender doesn't come into it - it is the product of that rarest of human characteristics: common sense! :-D If an idea is bad, don't do it.

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-08-04 11:36 AM

1 Where?

2 Who?

3 Yes, so what?

2......You ;-) .......

You said: "Which is exactly why Boris is right to say that WE will not install a border ........ If the EU want to......that's THEIR problem".

To which I replied, as above, ......."Given the history, I think that is the most naïve statement I've ever read. Why would the border checks be required - just because the EU felt like it, or because the UK had left the EU? And you really think the paramilitaries won't spot the truth? Dream on!"

It is already clear that leaving the EU will do the UK, and especially Northern Ireland, considerable economic harm. That alone should be sufficient to persuade sensible people that leaving is a bad idea.

I assume you consider abandoning Brexit to avoid that economic harm would be "surrendering" to the economy? :-S

The problem of the irish border merely exacerbates the foolishness of leaving, adding another risk to the mix.

If I'm understanding you correctly, you consider Brexit worth both the economic damage and the potential for a resurrection of "the troubles", with all the loss of life and maiming that flows from that. I don't, but neither factor is my reason for being against Brexit. They merely add weight.

For all its many imperfections (show me a country anywhere that is "perfect" :-)), I think it better to be in the EU, and able to influence what it does, than outside it with no influence on its decisions. The stupidity of risking the consequent economic damage, and of resurrecting the troubles, merely reinforce that view. Surrender doesn't come into it - it is the product of that rarest of human characteristics: common sense! :-D If an idea is bad, don't do it.

It's only a bad idea for you EU surrender monkeys *-) ..........

Maybe you've swallowed your own propaganda hook line and sinker ;-) ..........

Fortunately us Brexiteers have more common sense >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-08-04 11:41 AM

Brian Kirby - 2019-08-04 11:36 AM

1 Where?

2 Who?

3 Yes, so what?

2......You ;-) .......

It's only a bad idea for you EU surrender monkeys *-) ..........

Maybe you've swallowed your own propaganda hook line and sinker ;-) ..........

Fortunately us Brexiteers have more common sense >:-) ..........

You let yourself down straight away in the first 'tweet sentence', and common sense has been in very short supply from you and your Brexit chums. You've developed a hair shirt mentality remaining in permanent denial of anything wrong with Brexit and imagine you sitting among the ruins waving a little English flag chanting, "Brexit means Brexit".......then running off to Spain for half the year. *-)

pelmetman - 2019-08-04 11:41 AM......……………………...

1 It's only a bad idea for you EU surrender monkeys *-) ..........

2 Maybe you've swallowed your own propaganda hook line and sinker ;-) ..........

3 Fortunately us Brexiteers have more common sense >:-) ..........

1 I quote the late Ian Paisley: "no surrender"! :-)

2 There is a difference between propaganda and factual analysis. I know that, but Brexiters seem not to.

3 In you own opinion, but more than what? A brick? Possibly. :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2019-08-04 1:04 PM

pelmetman - 2019-08-04 11:41 AM......……………………...

1 It's only a bad idea for you EU surrender monkeys *-) ..........

2 Maybe you've swallowed your own propaganda hook line and sinker ;-) ..........

3 Fortunately us Brexiteers have more common sense >:-) ..........

1 I quote the late Ian Paisley: "no surrender"! :-)

2 There is a difference between propaganda and factual analysis. I know that, but Brexiters seem not to.

3 In you own opinion, but more than what? A brick? Possibly. :-D

1 Did we have 860,000 job loses?

2 Did we have an immediate recession?

3 Did GDP drop by 6%?

P1010899.JPG.e6c25e107df58fd1cfe556e1c2c1bc0b.JPG

Guest pelmetman
Fast Pat - 2019-08-10 5:39 PM

Boris Johnson, next week: 'How can anyone doubt the reach of global post-Brexit Britain when our royal family can still have a nonce taken out in a Manhattan prison?'

Well Farty Pants you have lost me a bet >:-( .........

I was convinced it would be peter/James/ John or what ever his name is/was would be the first to flag that up *-) ..........

So that's 2p I owe myself :D .........

Archived