Cleaning a contaminated water tank

StuartO

Don636 - 2019-08-28 9:16 AM

I note that bicarbonate - “Although it isn’t very effective on its own for actual sanitization”. Which rather defeats the point of it being used to keep the tank sanitised does it not?

Whereas Puriclean, which has apparently been “Proven in use world-wide for 3 decades”, specifically states “PURICLEAN CAN BE USED IN ALL WATER SYSTEMS INCLUDING THOSE WITH STAINLESS STEEL BOILERS”. This implies that it will not harm stainless steel boilers. Is there any evidence or suggestion anywhere that this claim is untrue? If there has been any such concern over the last 3 decades surely there would be a record of this?

You believe this manufacturer's claim if you want to, I'll go with bicarb to start with, for the reasons explained above.

On a post a year or two ago ( or maybe more?) I gave the details of beer line cleaner - as used in pubs. As I recall it is cheap - obviously made for purpose and safe and fits the bill. £60 million UK beer drinkers can testify to that! I can't easily look it up at present as I'm sitting in a site near Colmar.

laimeduck - 2019-08-28 5:23 PM

On a post a year or two ago ( or maybe more?) I gave the details of beer line cleaner - as used in pubs. As I recall it is cheap - obviously made for purpose and safe and fits the bill. £60 million UK beer drinkers can testify to that! I can't easily look it up at present as I'm sitting in a site near Colmar.

Maybe more!!!

The only time I can find you adding a link is this one from a rather ancient thread...

laimeduck - 2013-10-20 8:46 AM

Another alternative is to use "Beer line cleaner & sanitiser"

Custom made for cleaning & sanitising pipes in pubs, simple & quick to use, & millions of people can swear to its effectiveness.

It is also cheap

I have a friendly landlord who supplies me, but this link is an example ( I do not endorse this product - others are available!) http://www.hygienesuppliesdirect.com/products/prod207371

Keithl - 2019-08-28 6:03 PM

laimeduck - 2019-08-28 5:23 PM

Maybe more!!!

The only time I can find you adding a link is this one from a rather ancient thread...

laimeduck - 2013-10-20 8:46 AM

Another alternative is to use "Beer line cleaner & sanitiser"

Custom made for cleaning & sanitising pipes in pubs, simple & quick to use, & millions of people can swear to its effectiveness.

It is also cheap

I have a friendly landlord who supplies me, but this link is an example ( I do not endorse this product - others are available!) http://www.hygienesuppliesdirect.com/products/prod207371

We'll in my book Keith 6 years isn't ancient! I've had lits of 6 years so far. The fact remains, beer line cleaner is perfect for the job!

Archived