MMM

howie

Agree with you entirely Wayne. Put together a few old vans in my time and always take a interest with any articles I come across. Practical Motorhome is a magazine that doe's features and projects on older vans quite often and worth picking up a copy if you see one.

Don't knock our wonderfull clerical workers Chas. My pensions paid in like clockwork every week thanks to their sterling efforts.

I did notice your suggestion on using the @ Twooks, but Brians explanation was a lot easier to follow. Thank you for your kind thoughts and consideration all the same.

Temptations?. Way before my time i,m afraid Michele.

What about "her bicycle" Tony, or does'nt this count.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
howie - 2007-05-24 6:40 PM

doe's features .

or does'nt this count.

well you found the button Howie - now you just need another lecture from Frank on what to do with it *-) *-) *-) *-)

gud game tho innit

B-)

twooks - 2007-05-24 10:09 PM

howie - 2007-05-24 6:40 PM

doe's features .

or does'nt this count.

well you found the button Howie - now you just need another lecture from Frank on what to do with it *-) *-) *-) *-)

gud game tho innit

B-)

Not when i,m always losing Jackie. :'(

• 1 month later...
Mine has arrived, and I wish to bring to the attention of Warner Publications that a copy of MMM in 2000 came to £2.80. This months issue is marked up at only £3.10 and I wish to bring to their attention that this paltry increase in no way represents current rates of inflation. Not only that, but the latest copy now has 100 more pages than the 2000 edition, and I insist that this glaring example of blatant underpricing is addressed at the earliest opportunity.

Forester - 2007-05-24 8:07 AM

howie, the MMM is a mag for the owners of moter homes that are under say, around 5 years old & it is also full of adverts (repeated each month) do you realy want to pay that price for a mag that make's it money from ads & then have you pay for it? I know its each to there own, but i'm trying to stir a bit of chat. Myself if there was one that delt with OLDER vans, now that would be worth buying. Is there anyone on here that agrees with this statement. The Manchester Eve News is full of ads & they now give it away free in Manchester, so buyer is king.

just for howie '''''''''''''''''''''''''' he he.

Just for you Wayne, next month (August issue) MMM should carry a feature on a 17 year old motorhome, MINE! Anyway there's always Martin Watts monthly column on classic 'vans, anything over 15 years qualifies and he regularly features older 'vans than that.D.

Just for you Wayne. I,m not sure, but Dave has a 1990 Holdsworth Valentine. Same as yours I think but a year younger and I believe he's doing a article on it in next months Practical Motorhome which should be of interest to you.

This should go on the "what annoys you" thread, but the reason i,m not sure is because some interferring woman in Tescos came up to me in their store while I was only half way through the "Diamond Dave" section.

Do you intend purchasing that magazine sir she said. No said I. Well do you mind putting it back if thats the case says she. What a way to treat a valued customer.

Anyway, the point is that there are things of interest out there for you in these mags if you take the time to look.

davenewell@home - 2007-06-27 9:02 PM
Forester - 2007-05-24 8:07 AM

howie, the MMM is a mag for the owners of moter homes that are under say, around 5 years old & it is also full of adverts (repeated each month) do you realy want to pay that price for a mag that make's it money from ads & then have you pay for it? I know its each to there own, but i'm trying to stir a bit of chat. Myself if there was one that delt with OLDER vans, now that would be worth buying. Is there anyone on here that agrees with this statement. The Manchester Eve News is full of ads & they now give it away free in Manchester, so buyer is king.

just for howie '''''''''''''''''''''''''' he he.

Just for you Wayne, next month (August issue) MMM should carry a feature on a 17 year old motorhome, MINE! Anyway there's always Martin Watts monthly column on classic 'vans, anything over 15 years qualifies and he regularly features older 'vans than that.D.
Sorry Dave and your van is in next monts mmm of course.

davenewell@home - 2007-06-28 7:47 AM

Hi Howie, my 'van has featured on and off over the last couple of years in PMH and its not a Holdsworth Valentine, its an Autohomes Highwayman, and it should be in August's MMM.

D.

Well at least I got your name right Dan. Also turned up a copy of the M.C.M while having a clear out yesterday and there,s a Holdsworth Fanfare featured as well. Fanfare, Valentine, Highwayman, makes you wonder how many variants were turned out. All the ones i,ve seen seem to follow the same basic design and though different makers certainly were popular. "Shirley". To much like a Naked Gun joke Jan. Lets see you come up with something really original.

Dave Newell - 2007-06-28 8:59 AM

J9withdogs - 2007-06-28 7:49 AM

Mine's a Holdsworth Valentine - could 'Shirley' be a page 3 gal? (lol)

Depends, will she get her headlamps out? >:-)

D.

Sure she's got BIG headlamps, but she's also got plenty 'up top', Dave (lol)

Archived