Birdbrain

pelmetman - 2019-12-02 5:39 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-12-02 5:17 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-12-02 4:31 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-12-02 2:36 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-12-02 11:10 AM

Birdbrain - 2019-12-02 6:20 AM

Barryd999 - 2019-12-01 10:52 PM

We probably are doing more though as a result of this awareness. Im certainly greener than I was ten or even five years ago. The great thing about this campaign and yes the millions of people youngsters like Greta have inspired is they are all going to be voters as are we that are becoming aware and changing our habits. Governments will listen to that and the more pressure that is piled on them the more they will do.

If there were 2500 large demos of children all over the globe on one day they would only need 400 at each one to make a million and thats just one day of events. thing is its making a difference and its making the news. Its a fantastic thing for kids to be involved with. Well done them I say and well done Greta.

I just find it totally odd that anyone seems to be anti. WTF?

Your greener Barry because you don't have the money to fly around in the sky no more , if you had the coin you'd be jetting off ... Your that green you seem to be forever in your motor driving to the chippy or Aldi for some booze and your no more greener than me but I admit it , actually your less green than me , when we go off in the motorhome we cycle everywhere your on an old bike puking out filth ... Hypocrite on princess

I wasnt aware you had access to my finances. Dont have the money to fly around? WTF? Where did you get that from? Ive spent nearly half of the last decade touring Europe FFS! Do you think thats cheaper than two weeks on the Costas or summat? We never went far this year but the reasons for that were not financial. We dont have an Aldi here by the way. I dunno what the emissions are on a Honda Vision but I imagine they are very low.

Does everyone who supports saving the planet have to live in a Teepee now eating grass and making clothes out of hay? I dont think I have ever claimed to be some kind of Green fanatic but thanks to the climate change movement and people like David Attenborough, Greta Thunberg and Extinction rebellion I am more inclined to support it and want my government to tackle it and if that costs me a few quid extra in tax or whatever Im all for it. you would think you would care more than me. You have a legacy of children and grandchildren that will have to deal with it I dont.

You make folk aware of your finances on another channel princess don't ya , like how you don't buy Leffe beer shipped in from Belgium by the barrel load because of the cost , like buying banger motors etc etc ??? ... As for spending 5 out of the last ten years in Europe sweet cheeks that just aint true and the time you have spent in Europes been in the motor not on a plane ride ... Everyone who supports saving the planet certainly don't have to live in a teepee chunky chops do they but being a hypocrite don't help your cause

WTF are you on about? "I make folk aware of my finances on another channel", "Dont buy Leffe anymore cos of the price", "Buying banger motors"? (lol)

Clearly you have me confused with someone else. My finances are fine thanks. In fact it seems I found £100K pot recently I didnt even know I fecking had! I went semi retired when I was 42 and over the last decade have spent 8 out of 10 of those years touring Europe for four to six months. I can show you my website blog if you like. Hardly the life of someone who is skint is it? I told you we have not been over the water for a variety of reasons this year and last but one of those reasons is I need a new van (yes a new or nearly new one) but I cant find a fecker! Make no mistake though, Hank the Tank II will be along at some point and ill hopefully resume spending half the year in the Alps, Provence or the Italian lakes laughing at you lot stuck back here.

Its true we dont fly much recently but in the time we have had the motorhome we have had two Christmas and New years in the Canary islands and the odd trip to Greece etc but WTF would you wanna go flying off for once you discover motorhoming?

Anyway. Moral of the story is none of us are very green by the sound of it but the whole point is its getting discussed. People get more aware, people vote, governments have to listen. Thats how it works,

Jeez calm down chunky ... Yes show me your website blog please that proves youve spent half of the last ten years touring Europe ... You mentioned it so only fair you show it ... Crack on

It's half the year according to the new Diane Abbottcus he's bought of Amazon ;-) .........

It's amazing 8-) .........

It can make any old sh1t add up *-) ........

Well I cant wait to see what hes promised to share ... Hes a man of honour after all

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pelmetman
Birdbrain - 2019-12-02 5:44 PM

We probably are doing more though as a result of this awareness. Im certainly greener than I was ten or even five years ago. The great thing about this campaign and yes the millions of people youngsters like Greta have inspired is they are all going to be voters as are we that are becoming aware and changing our habits. Governments will listen to that and the more pressure that is piled on them the more they will do.

If there were 2500 large demos of children all over the globe on one day they would only need 400 at each one to make a million and thats just one day of events. thing is its making a difference and its making the news. Its a fantastic thing for kids to be involved with. Well done them I say and well done Greta.

Your greener Barry because you don't have the money to fly around in the sky no more , if you had the coin you'd be jetting off ... Your that green you seem to be forever in your motor driving to the chippy or Aldi for some booze and your no more greener than me but I admit it , actually your less green than me , when we go off in the motorhome we cycle everywhere your on an old bike puking out filth ... Hypocrite on princess

I wasnt aware you had access to my finances. Dont have the money to fly around? WTF? Where did you get that from? Ive spent nearly half of the last decade touring Europe FFS! Do you think thats cheaper than two weeks on the Costas or summat? We never went far this year but the reasons for that were not financial. We dont have an Aldi here by the way. I dunno what the emissions are on a Honda Vision but I imagine they are very low.

Does everyone who supports saving the planet have to live in a Teepee now eating grass and making clothes out of hay? I dont think I have ever claimed to be some kind of Green fanatic but thanks to the climate change movement and people like David Attenborough, Greta Thunberg and Extinction rebellion I am more inclined to support it and want my government to tackle it and if that costs me a few quid extra in tax or whatever Im all for it. you would think you would care more than me. You have a legacy of children and grandchildren that will have to deal with it I dont.

You make folk aware of your finances on another channel princess don't ya , like how you don't buy Leffe beer shipped in from Belgium by the barrel load because of the cost , like buying banger motors etc etc ??? ... As for spending 5 out of the last ten years in Europe sweet cheeks that just aint true and the time you have spent in Europes been in the motor not on a plane ride ... Everyone who supports saving the planet certainly don't have to live in a teepee chunky chops do they but being a hypocrite don't help your cause

WTF are you on about? "I make folk aware of my finances on another channel", "Dont buy Leffe anymore cos of the price", "Buying banger motors"? (lol)

Clearly you have me confused with someone else. My finances are fine thanks. In fact it seems I found £100K pot recently I didnt even know I fecking had! I went semi retired when I was 42 and over the last decade have spent 8 out of 10 of those years touring Europe for four to six months. I can show you my website blog if you like. Hardly the life of someone who is skint is it? I told you we have not been over the water for a variety of reasons this year and last but one of those reasons is I need a new van (yes a new or nearly new one) but I cant find a fecker! Make no mistake though, Hank the Tank II will be along at some point and ill hopefully resume spending half the year in the Alps, Provence or the Italian lakes laughing at you lot stuck back here.

Its true we dont fly much recently but in the time we have had the motorhome we have had two Christmas and New years in the Canary islands and the odd trip to Greece etc but WTF would you wanna go flying off for once you discover motorhoming?

Anyway. Moral of the story is none of us are very green by the sound of it but the whole point is its getting discussed. People get more aware, people vote, governments have to listen. Thats how it works,

Jeez calm down chunky ... Yes show me your website blog please that proves youve spent half of the last ten years touring Europe ... You mentioned it so only fair you show it ... Crack on

It's half the year according to the new Diane Abbottcus he's bought of Amazon ;-) .........

Well I cant wait to see what hes promised to share ... Hes a man of honour after all

He's prolly just gone abroad for 6 months :D ........

Does Scotland count as abroad yet? :-S ......

pelmetman - 2019-12-02 5:52 PM

He's prolly just gone abroad for 6 months :D ........

Does Scotland count as abroad yet? :-S ......

His living room prolly counts as abroad given he spends all his time hating in his bedroom ... Nice lad turned sour

pelmetman - 2019-12-02 4:53 PM

jumpstart - 2019-12-02 4:45 PM

pelmetman - 2019-12-02 3:47 PM

jumpstart - 2019-12-02 3:41 PM

pelmetman - 2019-12-02 2:58 PM

Just a guess ;-) .........

But I expect I'm the only one on our campsite who's whole outfit......ie Camper, Caravan, Car apart from our box trailer was built last century and is worth 10k if I'm lucky B-) ........

Our German neighbours who have huge 200k camper + 17k Smart car + 5k trailer for the car ........and cook in a tent 8-) .......

I wonder whose Moho set up is the best and who's Carbon foot print is the smallest? >:-) .........

So its a win win for Pelmetman (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

His engine is probably more efficient than all of yours put together. Do you grow your own veg, do you refuse to buy things in plastic, do you refuse to use bleach at home, do you recycle shower water and rainwater instead of using fresh water, do you compost veg cuttings then you can start calling yourself green.

So how much damage to the planet did making his new engine cause?........Or the rest of his camper?.........and how many campers did he cause to be built before he got to his whopper >:-) ......

False Start you really don't have a clue do you? (lol) (lol) (lol) ........

I've been unintentionally Green since I was a sprog........except back then it was called being Mean >:-) ......

I think you’re just shady not green.

I think you're just another Lefty D*ckhead :D .........

I don’t know how you’ve got the gall to think two water butts means you’re green, I’ll give you two out of ten for trying.

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2019-12-02 6:39 PM

But I expect I'm the only one on our campsite who's whole outfit......ie Camper, Caravan, Car apart from our box trailer was built last century and is worth 10k if I'm lucky B-) ........

Our German neighbours who have huge 200k camper + 17k Smart car + 5k trailer for the car ........and cook in a tent 8-) .......

I wonder whose Moho set up is the best and who's Carbon foot print is the smallest? >:-) .........

His engine is probably more efficient than all of yours put together. Do you grow your own veg, do you refuse to buy things in plastic, do you refuse to use bleach at home, do you recycle shower water and rainwater instead of using fresh water, do you compost veg cuttings then you can start calling yourself green.

So how much damage to the planet did making his new engine cause?........Or the rest of his camper?.........and how many campers did he cause to be built before he got to his whopper >:-) ......

I've been unintentionally Green since I was a sprog........except back then it was called being Mean >:-) ......

I don’t know how you’ve got the gall to think two water butts means you’re green, I’ll give you two out of ten for trying.

Actually we had 5 (1500 ltrs in total) ;-) .........and when we do the work on our new house I'll be installing a full rainwater harvesting system to feed the 3 bogs and the washing machine B-) ........

Not because I'm Green :D .......but because I'm mean >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-12-02 6:46 PM

Actually we had 5 (1500 ltrs in total) ;-) .........and when we do the work on our new house I'll be installing a full rainwater harvesting system to feed the 3 bogs and the washing machine B-) ........

Not because I'm Green :D .......but because I'm full of sh1te >:-) ..........

Sorted that typo for you.

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-12-02 7:53 PM

Yes you are >:-) ..........

pelmetman - 2019-12-02 7:55 PM

Gone up to 6 out of 10, washing machine needs to be mains pressure.

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2019-12-02 8:08 PM

Duh *-) .........

So the same pressure a bog cock will need :D .........

Keep it up Bump Start ;-) .......

Your ignorance is quite amusing :-> .......

pelmetman - 2019-12-02 8:33 PM

Duh *-) .........

No, mains pressure around 1 bar, so unless your feed tank is above 10 m high it won’t be mains pressure,which washing machines require.

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2019-12-02 8:48 PM

Duh *-) .........

No, mains pressure around 1 bar, so unless your feed tank is above 10 m high it won’t be mains pressure,which washing machines require.

Yes dear if you say so *-) .......

Back in the mid 90's we installed a pressurized water system in a Grade 3 18th century cottage ;-) ........

The system was on the ground floor and the en suite was on the first :D .........

I wish I could p*ss now like those taps could :'( .....

pelmetman - 2019-12-02 8:55 PM

Duh *-) .........

Back in the mid 90's we installed a pressurized water system in a Grade 3 18th century cottage ;-) ........

The system was on the ground floor and the en suite was on the first :D .........

Exactly ....pressurised being 1 bar or above. Not what you’ll get from down service unless over 10m up.

Guest pelmetman
jumpstart - 2019-12-02 8:59 PM

pelmetman - 2019-12-02 8:55 PM

Duh *-) .........

Exactly ....pressurised being 1 bar or above.

So no need to be 10 meters above ground? (lol) (lol) (lol) .........

You do know how high 10 meters is? :D ........

https://sites.google.com/site/hanktestsite2/

Website is out of date and only goes up to 2013 but I will update you. 2014, 5 months in Europe, 2015 five months in Europe, 2016 shorter trip to Europe and Scottish isles, 2017 four and a half months in Europe, 2018 and 2019 Yorkshire coast

I challenge you to find anyone who in the last decade has toured as much as we have in Europe.

Barryd999 - 2019-12-02 10:27 PM

Website is out of date and only goes up to 2013 but I will update you. 2014, 5 months in Europe, 2015 five months in Europe, 2016 shorter trip to Europe and Scottish isles, 2017 four and a half months in Europe, 2018 and 2019 Yorkshire coast

I challenge you to find anyone who in the last decade has toured as much as we have in Europe.

I challenge you to tell me thats 5 years out of the last 10 touring Europe like you said

Good blog, interesting and informative, would be interested to read the rest.

Birdbrain - 2019-12-03 5:58 AM

I challenge you to tell me thats 5 years out of the last 10 touring Europe like you said

Its 8 years out of the last ten.

jumpstart - 2019-12-03 7:33 AM

Good blog, interesting and informative, would be interested to read the rest.

Thanks. I wish I had kept it up really as you forget stuff you have done and a lot of people used to follow it.

In later years ive mainly put together photo and video blogs of our trips. I put them all on youtube to some rather dodgy music.

For someone who "Apparently" doesnt go anywhere there are a lot of them.

Barryd999 - 2019-12-03 9:48 AM

So not half of the last ten years touring Europe you claimed ??? ... I cant be arsed reading your blogs but I presume to try and validate your claim a little you did spend half of each year touring Europe as you claimed ???

I met this couple five years ago in Albania and they've documented all their tours on an excellent little travel blog with maps, co-ordinates etc, often "wild camp" at obscure spots too. Ewout is Dutch and his wife Jenny, Australian. They live in Oz, keep their motorhome stored at a relatives place in Holland, then fly out each year to do a tour.

Lovely couple and we sank a few beers each evening in Albania before they set off. We've kept in touch ever since.

http://www.travelbunyip.com/

Birdbrain - 2019-12-03 10:24 AM

So not half of the last ten years touring Europe you claimed ??? ... I cant be arsed reading your blogs but I presume to try and validate your claim a little you did spend half of each year touring Europe as you claimed ???

Some years we were hardly at home. We used to tour a lot in winter as well as spring, summer and autumn often in Europe. I cant be arsed to work it out but there was a league table on FACTS for a while of nights away in the van and we were usually in the top three out of thousands. The van is old now though and needs replacing and there were other reasons why we stayed closer to home these last couple of years but in a decade I think we clocked up something like 60000 miles from Scotland to Slovenia in the van and about 35000 on the scooter (two scooters, we wore the first one out).

What about you? How much you been away in yours?

Barryd999 - 2019-12-03 12:20 PM

Some years we were hardly at home. We used to tour a lot in winter as well as spring, summer and autumn often in Europe. I cant be arsed to work it out but there was a league table on FACTS for a while of nights away in the van and we were usually in the top three out of thousands. The van is old now though and needs replacing and there were other reasons why we stayed closer to home these last couple of years but in a decade I think we clocked up something like 60000 miles from Scotland to Slovenia in the van and about 35000 on the scooter (two scooters, we wore the first one out).

We've just done without looking as near as damn it 50.000 miles in 12 years while both of us are working , we dont have a scooter just bikes and I wouldnt like to say how many mies we've covered on those or how many miles covered walking or using local buses , trains and trams ... We've also like you had holidays on those naughty planes in and among with my missus having her girls week abroad n'all ... I wasn't attempting to say youve done less or more miles than anyone else , everyone who has a motorhome cover the miles they cover and its no competition , I was only questioning your being away half of the last 10 years claim which is as youve shown is false

Birdbrain - 2019-12-03 1:03 PM

Barryd999 - 2019-12-03 12:20 PM

We've just done without looking as near as damn it 50.000 miles in 12 years while both of us are working , we dont have a scooter just bikes and I wouldnt like to say how many mies we've covered on those or how many miles covered walking or using local buses , trains and trams ... We've also like you had holidays on those naughty planes in and among with my missus having her girls week abroad n'all ... I wasn't attempting to say youve done less or more miles than anyone else , everyone who has a motorhome cover the miles they cover and its no competition , I was only questioning your being away half of the last 10 years claim which is as youve shown is false

How have I shown it as false? This year and last year its only been about three or four months but other years its been as many as eight or nine so on average we probably have been away half of the past ten years. We dont do Winter touring anymore so that average will come down I guess but in terms of nights away over a decade I reckon without working it out its close to half the year.

Archived