Awkward

Birdbrain

Birdbrain - 2019-12-03 1:03 PM

We've just done without looking as near as damn it 50.000 miles in 12 years while both of us are working , we dont have a scooter just bikes and I wouldnt like to say how many mies we've covered on those or how many miles covered walking or using local buses , trains and trams ... We've also like you had holidays on those naughty planes in and among with my missus having her girls week abroad n'all ... I wasn't attempting to say youve done less or more miles than anyone else , everyone who has a motorhome cover the miles they cover and its no competition , I was only questioning your being away half of the last 10 years claim which is as youve shown is false

So you've done just over 4,000 a year, Jesus I've cycled more than that each year and that's whilst I've been working full time. It explains a lot about your limited view of the world, you've clearly accepted as fact anything you've read in your right wing papers and websites.

As a great man once said "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Barryd999 - 2019-12-03 2:55 PM

How have I shown it as false? This year and last year its only been about three or four months but other years its been as many as eight or nine so on average we probably have been away half of the past ten years. We dont do Winter touring anymore so that average will come down I guess but in terms of nights away over a decade I reckon without working it out its close to half the year.

You should know by now Barry when you write "half", it has to mean exactly that in the argumentative world of Brainless who'd disagree with his own shadow. :-|

Bulletguy - 2019-12-03 4:56 PM

How have I shown it as false? This year and last year its only been about three or four months but other years its been as many as eight or nine so on average we probably have been away half of the past ten years. We dont do Winter touring anymore so that average will come down I guess but in terms of nights away over a decade I reckon without working it out its close to half the year.

You should know by now Barry when you write "half", it has to mean exactly that in the argumentative world of Brainless who'd disagree with his own shadow. :-|

How did we manage to get from Climate change to me having to assure Mr Birdbrain that Im not skint and proving how much Ive been away in my motorhome? *-)

Fast Pat - 2019-12-03 4:48 PM

We've just done without looking as near as damn it 50.000 miles in 12 years while both of us are working , we dont have a scooter just bikes and I wouldnt like to say how many mies we've covered on those or how many miles covered walking or using local buses , trains and trams ... We've also like you had holidays on those naughty planes in and among with my missus having her girls week abroad n'all ... I wasn't attempting to say youve done less or more miles than anyone else , everyone who has a motorhome cover the miles they cover and its no competition , I was only questioning your being away half of the last 10 years claim which is as youve shown is false

So you've done just over 4,000 a year, Jesus I've cycled more than that each year and that's whilst I've been working full time. It explains a lot about your limited view of the world, you've clearly accepted as fact anything you've read in your right wing papers and websites.

As a great man once said "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”

Mmmm ... Some of us have families we spend time with princess ... You'll not know much bowt that will ya ... Motorhome is only a part of our time away sweet cheeks ... Cornwall cottage family holiday each year and weekend gig hotel stays for us all while working n'all ... Next year actually a week in Cornwall and a week in Woolacombe with family ... You'll have heard of or read about families wont ya ??? Is it your bike seat that cuts and rubs your piles then princess that so obviously annoy ya ... xxx ... Keep on giving

Barryd999 - 2019-12-03 5:46 PM

How did we manage to get from Climate change to me having to assure Mr Birdbrain that Im not skint and proving how much Ive been away in my motorhome? *-)

Because you made a wild claim saying you'd spent half of the last 10 years touring Europe in your motor it simply isnt true , if I aren't allowed to challenge you on an untruth then tough sweet cheeks ... Now I dont class driving 50 miles from my house , parking in up in a farmers field in Flamborough for a couple of months as "touring Europe" if you do that says more about you than me ... Ive known you on another channel for a few years and I can honestly say I dont recall you spending half of any year "touring Europe" ... Far from it ... Others on here either are or have been on your forum , maybe they can help with your claim either way

Well "half" doesnt mean a quarter does it ??? ... I thought half meant half ... Obviously your one of those like Barry that exaggerates about sizes and lengths ... I presume thats why you were dumped , you got found out , you were exaggerating ... Always better to tell the truth sweet cheeks

Birdbrain - 2019-12-03 7:35 PM

Mmmm ... Some of us have families we spend time with princess ... You'll not know much bowt that will ya ... Motorhome is only a part of our time away sweet cheeks ... Cornwall cottage family holiday each year and weekend gig hotel stays for us all while working n'all ... Next year actually a week in Cornwall and a week in Woolacombe with family ... You'll have heard of or read about families wont ya ??? Is it your bike seat that cuts and rubs your piles then princess that so obviously annoy ya ... xxx ... Keep on giving

So as i suggested you've "spent most of your time vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime".

Fast Pat - 2019-12-03 8:18 PM

Birdbrain - 2019-12-03 7:35 PM

So as i suggested you've "spent most of your time vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime".

Suggest what you want sweet cheeks , you normally do wether you have owt to back up what your suggesting or not ... Without giving you a list of where Ive visited how many you possibly know where Ive been ... Are you a parody account ???

Birdbrain - 2019-12-03 7:42 PM

Because you made a wild claim saying you'd spent half of the last 10 years touring Europe in your motor it simply isnt true , if I aren't allowed to challenge you on an untruth then tough sweet cheeks ... Now I dont class driving 50 miles from my house , parking in up in a farmers field in Flamborough for a couple of months as "touring Europe" if you do that says more about you than me ... Ive known you on another channel for a few years and I can honestly say I dont recall you spending half of any year "touring Europe" ... Far from it ... Others on here either are or have been on your forum , maybe they can help with your claim either way

I give up. I said Ive spent nearly half the last ten years touring Europe and I have!! Europe includes the UK by the way but as I said most of our trips into Mainland Europe are four to six months with a few trips usually in the UK as well. Without counting that sounds pretty much like nearly or maybe more than half the year over a decade. Apart from the last two years where we stayed in one spot for several months and Ive explained some of the reasons for that but when you balance it all out over ten years I bet its half a year or near enough.

I reckon you would be hard pushed to find anyone on the forums thats not full timing thats done more touring than we have.

Barryd999 - 2019-12-03 10:23 PM

I give up. I said Ive spent nearly half the last ten years touring Europe and I have!! Europe includes the UK by the way but as I said most of our trips into Mainland Europe are four to six months with a few trips usually in the UK as well. Without counting that sounds pretty much like nearly or maybe more than half the year over a decade. Apart from the last two years where we stayed in one spot for several months and Ive explained some of the reasons for that but when you balance it all out over ten years I bet its half a year or near enough.

I reckon you would be hard pushed to find anyone on the forums thats not full timing thats done more touring than we have.

I aint questioning that youve spent a fair bit of time in the motor ... I dont think most folk would class time in the UK as European time though I suspect most would say touring the UK or not so much touring but parked up in a field ... Dave isnt touring Europe is he , hes parked up in Spain like folk happily tell him on here ... Not read your blog but like I say I do know in the time Ive known ya you most defo have not spent anywhere near half the year in your motor ... Rejoice

Birdbrain - 2019-12-04 6:09 AM

I aint questioning that youve spent a fair bit of time in the motor ... I dont think most folk would class time in the UK as European time though I suspect most would say touring the UK or not so much touring but parked up in a field ... Dave isnt touring Europe is he , hes parked up in Spain like folk happily tell him on here ... Not read your blog but like I say I do know in the time Ive known ya you most defo have not spent anywhere near half the year in your motor ... Rejoice

We dont tour like most of you though. In 2017 we did Germany and France, just over four months but we did less than 4000 miles in the van and over 4000 on the scooter. Van gets parked and just left and most of the actual site seeing and touring about is done on the bike. We did the entire French Cote D'Azur as part of that trip and as part of a five month trip in 2015 and the van only saw the sea once. Did it all on the bike.

Barryd999 - 2019-12-04 9:07 AM

We dont tour like most of you though. In 2017 we did Germany and France, just over four months but we did less than 4000 miles in the van and over 4000 on the scooter. Van gets parked and just left and most of the actual site seeing and touring about is done on the bike. We did the entire French Cote D'Azur as part of that trip and as part of a five month trip in 2015 and the van only saw the sea once. Did it all on the bike.

Careful Barry....Braindead will be asking you to post photos of your bike odometer next. ;-)

Must admit i always recorded my tour trip mileage in a diary plus as each time i refuelled i'd 'neck' the tank so i'd note the mileage on the receipts too which would give me a pretty close idea of my mpg. Also useful reminders of the pump price cost......Polish fuel prices barely changed, but all were lower than UK, even German Autobahn prices.

Barryd999 - 2019-12-04 9:07 AM

Princess I care not for what milage youve done ... You claimed you spent 5 out of the last 10 years touring Europe and from the length of time I have known you that is simply untrue ... Carry on if you must , its obviously giving Balletguy sumat to read while he waits for his daily visitor the paperboy

Guest pelmetman
Bulletguy - 2019-12-04 10:54 AM

Must admit i always recorded my tour trip mileage in a diary plus as each time i refuelled i'd 'neck' the tank .

Cant say I've ever been that poor 8-) ........

Even when I could only afford cheap wine :D .......

pelmetman - 2019-12-04 1:58 PM

Bulletguy - 2019-12-04 10:54 AM

Must admit i always recorded my tour trip mileage in a diary plus as each time i refuelled i'd 'neck' the tank .

Cant say I've ever been that poor 8-) ........

Even when I could only afford cheap wine :D .......

Eh? :-S

Looks like i need help you out with some basics for "early learners" like yourself. *-)

Reason i 'neck' the tank at each fill up when on tour is that's the easiest way of getting an mpg figure, as precise as possible. Nothing at all to do with affordability.....purely an interest in knowing how the mpg averages out. I've always done the same with cars (on a long run) but the rest of time, run around with quarter or half tank max. No point lugging extra weight around when it's not needed.

Archived