Caravan & Camping Club

Tarry

I have £40 in vouchers that a friend has bought as a present. I thought I would join the c&cc but just been informed I can’t use these vouchers to pay the £40 joining fee because they are not digital payment, so in order to join I have to pay £46. I can join when I arrive on a site in part with the vouchers but I would miss out on any discounts I’m entitled to when booking on line. I was told that my friend should of purchased a joining pack or £50 in vouchers to of covered the fee but then you lose £4 as no change is given with vouchers. I think I’m going to sell these vouchers cheaper than their value and join the caravan & motorhome club.

Look carefully at the relative merits of the two big Clubs before you make your choice. They are by no means just the same.

And is there a possibility you're in the process of biting your nose off to spite your face for the sake of £6? Your friend bought you the C&CC, so go for it. C&CC offer Age Concession reductions once you've proved you are eligible and they offer lots of other special prices and deals. The campsites are different in style but both acceptable. CAMC is, by the way, a bit more expensive to join.

I do agree with what your saying but just a little peeved that these vouchers can’t be used to join online after being purchased in good faith without having to be digital direct debit. On the reverse of the voucher it states can be used to purchase membership. I will probably join both clubs anyway.

Tarry - 2020-02-04 2:15 PM

Yes I’m going to have to do that and find a site near where I live which will be somewhere between Ipswich & Norwich.

There's a club site in Kessingland - and another in Norwich.

Nearest club site to Ipswich is at Polstead I believe.

:-|

Tarry - 2020-02-04 2:15 PM

Yes I’m going to have to do that and find a site near where I live which will be somewhere between Ipswich & Norwich.

If you are a "senior" take evidence of your age (and your wife/partner's) along with you, so you can be recognised as eligible for Age Concession discounts as well.

We're in both clubs and tbh there's not much between them. Stayed at a nice site Ludham Bridge on the Broads near Norwich last autumn and I think they're open now

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/club-sites/england/east-anglia/norfolk/norfolk-broads-caravan-club-site/?utm_source=localsearch&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=gmb

Is that the right mob for you?

Over 28 years ago we joined both the C&CC, and the CC as it was then. The latter club was not really ready for motorhomes at that time. After being disappointed over a pitch reservation, we did not renew our membership with what is now the CMC. We are however veteran members of the "Friendly Club", aka the C&CC.

Alan

Tarry - 2020-02-04 4:49 PM

The trouble is these sites don’t open until April & I wanted to tour before this. Polstead a little to far unfortunately just to sign up.

If there's a club site in the area you want to go that's open when you want to tour, just call in there and sign up.

Archived