Dashboard button

Barcobird

It's the 'Hill holder' switch. Or possibly 'Up Hill button'...

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/07/review-2013-fiat-ducato-cargo-van-video/

"After overloading the Ducato with 4,200lbs of cargo I noticed the curious button in the picture above. I incorrectly assumed that pressing the button would drill into the earth to provide a stable platform for catapulting the load overhead. What the “UP Connected” button actually does is tell the robotic manual you have something heavy in the back. This causes the transmission to hold lower gears longer, downshift automatically when going downhill (engine braking) and most importantly, severely delay upshifts from 1 to 2. Why is that critical? Let’s look at the overall 1st and 2nd gear ratios on the MT40 robotic manual. 1st: 19:1 2nd: 10.7:1 (including the final drive ratio of 4.56:1.) 19:1 is a very low first gear which means the Ducato had no problems starting on steep inclines despite having to slip the clutch. That was a relief because I would be lying if I didn’t say I was worried. However, there were a few problems."

Keith.

2013-Fiat-Ducato-switch.jpg.62e6e31c0ce25b5f2ab604120b38204a.jpg

Hi, it is as explained above however!! it only works at speeds of 30kph (or below) down hill and 50 kph (or below) uphill, I might be slightly wrong on the figures, it is explained in the owners manual, don't know which page cos i do not have mine to hand

If it is engaged at higher speeds then this is not a problem a message comes up saying uphill engagement not available or something like that

Jonathan

Barcobird - 2020-03-21 3:53 PM

silverback - 2020-03-21 3:49 PM

indeed, so he now has the answer to that button as well, sort of buy one get one free!! :D :D :D

Jonathan

Problem is I don`t have that button (lol)

(lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) well someone might find it useful (lol)

Archived