EVERYONE MUST NOW STAY AT HOME

Keithl

Rayjsj - 2020-03-24 1:42 PM

BruceM - 2020-03-23 9:31 PM

For the majority of the population the requirements are now clear and with enforcement achievable.

What’s now needed are instructions for those on the periphery eg someone who ‘escaped’ to their holiday home – should they stay or return? ; someone off in their motorhome, should they stay where they are or should they return to their primary domicile?

In the latter case I suspect it will be down to the local police’s discretion unless gov.uk directs otherwise.

What if their Motorhome IS their primary Domicile ?. ie Fulltimers who have no 'House' to go to ?

See my post immediately above. The government advice is

"Caravan parks/sites for commercial uses: Where people live permanently in caravan parks or are staying in caravan parks as interim abodes where their primary residence is not available, they may continue to do so."

So full-timers can stay in a caravan park as interim abodes because they have no primary residence - would be my reading. Whether the caravan parks are open is another matter.

I am the same as Derek - motorhome sits on the drive between November/March. Never moves and batteries topped up by the solar panel. Can’t see what problems this causes. I can’t see the tyres going flat and it always starts first time. Certainly taking a motorhome out for a run just to keep it ‘healthy’ is not a good enough reason to be flouting clear government instructions not to travel unless absolutely necessary.

silverback - 2020-03-24 12:08 AM

so the full timers just stay at the side of the road then? just asking for a friend

according to the 4 rules!

suppose they can empty the poo down the drain and catch rainwater from the scuttle on there van

just saying

Jonathan

Jonathan,

Ray asked the same question on another thread and the only answer for them really is to find a property based friend or relative with large enough space to park up a motorhome. At least you then have access to water and electric though even if a family members property, it shouldn't be expected for free.

Bulletguy - 2020-03-24 3:38 PM

so the full timers just stay at the side of the road then? just asking for a friend

suppose they can empty the poo down the drain and catch rainwater from the scuttle on there van

just saying

Jonathan

Jonathan,

Ray asked the same question on another thread and the only answer for them really is to find a property based friend or relative with large enough space to park up a motorhome. At least you then have access to water and electric though even if a family members property, it shouldn't be expected for free.

I wonder just how many, "proper", nobody to fall back on, Full-Timers we are talking of here?

(by proper, I don't mean "long-termers" who have "let-out" their house to their son/daughter/nephew/ niece etc , and who have family/friends with which they can stay/pitch-up at anyway...?

If "Full-timers" have supposedly lived off their wits for years at a time, I would've liked to have thought that they would've had strategic "bolt-holes" lined up for when back in the UK, and if not they'd have the where with all to find one ? :-S

(social media has been mentioned for finding groups offering up their driveways/field etc

Derek put up a link to another forum,on the "Stranded in Spain" thread, showing such a page).

I suppose the problem for campsite owners(and government/local authorities etc) is differentiating between a proper Full-Timer needing a pitch and someone who just wants one because they fancy a change of scenery or don't want their tyres to square-off or diesel to go "stale"... :-S

pepe63 - 2020-03-24 4:11 PM

Bulletguy - 2020-03-24 3:38 PM

just saying

Jonathan

Jonathan,

I wonder just how many, "proper", nobody to fall back on, Full-Timers we are talking of here?

(by proper, I don't mean "long-termers" who have "let-out" their house to their son/daughter/nephew/ niece etc , and who have family/friends with which they can stay/pitch-up at anyway...?

If "Full-timers" have supposedly lived off their wits for years at a time, I would've liked to have thought that they would've had strategic "bolt-holes" lined up for when back in the UK, and if not they'd have the where with all to find one ? :-S

(social media has been mentioned for finding groups offering up their driveways/field etc

Derek put up a link to another forum,on the "Stranded in Spain" thread, showing such a page).

I suppose the problem for campsite owners(and government/local authorities etc) is differentiating between a proper Full-Timer needing a pitch and someone who just wants one because they fancy a change of scenery or don't want their tyres to square-off or diesel to go "stale"... :-S

I cant see it being that many. Given that most reckon the very minimum spend required to full time is generally £1000 a month, just give it up for six months and rent a house.

Study from Oxford University published in the Financial Times an hour ago suggests half the population could be already infected, but as little as 1 in 1000 develop symptoms severe enough to need hospital treatment.

This contradicts the Imperial College study on which the lockdown is based.

Bur we don't know which study is right because people haven't been tested.

Certainly some of the kids where I live are treating it as a joke ... at their age they might just brush it off like a cold

I'm hearing reports of them getting close up to people then coughing and spluttering just for a lark. 'feck off ye wee s**tes.. and they run off laughing..

In Somerset there is only a small number of deaths and confirmed in hospital cases. There are a lot of elderly people around here all self isolating. I know we don’t have it or at least no symptoms but we’ve been isolated for more than a week. Nobody here can get a supermarket delivery. We rely on non contact farm shops. How long can this go on........?

spospe - 2020-03-24 7:10 PM

No one seems to have mentioned Travelers, what are they to do?

Good point as self isolating in a van no matter how big is pretty difficult. I read a post on another forum from a couple who live in a one bed flat and they asked what they were supposed to do if one of them became infected. That's something for van traveling couples/families to bear in mind.

Bulletguy - 2020-03-24 7:20 PM

Good point as self isolating in a van no matter how big is pretty difficult. I read a post on another forum from a couple who live in a one bed flat and they asked what they were supposed to do if one of them became infected. That's something for van traveling couples/families to bear in mind.

If you live with someone who is infected in close proximity they are pretty much going to get it really. As I said earlier, I thought I had it and have been really sick but now it looks like ive got fecking Chicken Pox instead. The last four days though we have been trying to keep stuff separate and we live in a large three bedroom country cottage but its just impossible so apart from not sharing food and towels etc we gave up. Ive had a fever, felt incredibly ill but no cough then yesterday I get these massive irritating spots all over my body that are now driving me mad. Michelle is showing no symptoms of anything but if was covid Im pretty sure she would be by now unless it just didnt effect her.

Of all the bloody things to get right now though! :-( Anyway point is, in a flat, one gets it, all gets it I reckon. Pointless trying to avoid it. I would rather I had got it than this, bloody horrible.

Millions won't be able to self isolate properly because of England's housing crisis. Because everyone's situation is different, some can isolate better in a motorhome if they are allowed to, and some have no choice but to stay in their mobile home whether they are allowed to or not. What can they do with the travellers... evict them? or just move them on somewhere else?

But IF the Oxford University study is correct, we will still get through this with only a tiny percentage of people dying.

Then, if it hasn't wrecked the economy, will the next crisis be deforestation, global warming, food and fuel shortages, pollution, immigration, etc etc as the population continues to grow to a level the earth cannot support?

Barryd999 - 2020-03-25 5:15 AM

Bulletguy - 2020-03-24 7:20 PM

If you live with someone who is infected in close proximity they are pretty much going to get it really. As I said earlier, I thought I had it and have been really sick but now it looks like ive got fecking Chicken Pox instead. The last four days though we have been trying to keep stuff separate and we live in a large three bedroom country cottage but its just impossible so apart from not sharing food and towels etc we gave up. Ive had a fever, felt incredibly ill but no cough then yesterday I get these massive irritating spots all over my body that are now driving me mad. Michelle is showing no symptoms of anything but if was covid Im pretty sure she would be by now unless it just didnt effect her.

Of all the bloody things to get right now though! :-( Anyway point is, in a flat, one gets it, all gets it I reckon. Pointless trying to avoid it. I would rather I had got it than this, bloody horrible.

Sorry to hear that.

Some can self isolate better in their motorhome because when they have to go out for exercise or food shopping can drive to an area thats not so crowded, much to the chagrin of selfish local nimbys presumably. I heard one on Radio Cornwall saying someody has come down from London and fallen ill taking up our hospital bed, they should filter them out at the Tamar bridge and send them back etc. I would have pressed the question whether Cornish people who have moved up country should be denied treatment and sent back. The DJ did ask but he just changed the subject - 'Boris is doing a good job' etc *-) Could have asked him why Boris didn't bring the restrictions in as soon as the virus arrived, and nip it in the bud, but the DJ just gave up on him. I suppose Boris and Dominics talent is in understanding people like him and getting their votes. :-S

ps - apparently there were still groups of people in Penzance, and even a crowd around a coffee van on market-jew street.

...If you live with someone who is infected in close proximity they are pretty much going to get it really. As I said earlier, I thought I had it and have been really sick but now it looks like ive got fecking Chicken Pox instead. The last four days though we have been trying to keep stuff separate and we live in a large three bedroom country cottage but its just impossible so apart from not sharing food and towels etc we gave up. Ive had a fever, felt incredibly ill but no cough then yesterday I get these massive irritating spots all over my body that are now driving me mad...

The symptoms of chicken pox are described here:

https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/chicken-pox.html

Historically in the UK, children used to be deliberately exposed to chicken pox by their parents. This was a risky practice and I well remember having chicken pox badly as a kid though with no long term effects or scarring.

As the link says, it’s quite common for adults who had chicken pox when young to have shingles as an adult and this can also be nasty.

I had shingles in my forties, but only with the classic band of blisters around my waist, and I took a week off work and did some decorating. But shingles can be much more unpleasant if the blistering is more extensive and/or in more sensitive areas of the body.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/shingles/

John52 - 2020-03-24 5:55 PM

Study from Oxford University published in the Financial Times an hour ago suggests half the population could be already infected, but as little as 1 in 1000 develop symptoms severe enough to need hospital treatment.

This contradicts the Imperial College study on which the lockdown is based.

Bur we don't know which study is right because people haven't been tested.

Certainly some of the kids where I live are treating it as a joke ... at their age they might just brush it off like a cold

I'm hearing reports of them getting close up to people then coughing and spluttering just for a lark. 'feck off ye wee s**tes.. and they run off laughing..

Reading the Oxford paper, their "findings" appear to be based on unknown assumptions that they have used as a baseline for extrapolating their figures.

The IC model was based on previous research, including random testing in China in which the WHO were involved, which suggested that unknown community cases were in the region of around 2% of the official figures. That will be higher here, because we are not community testing.

Derek Uzzell - 2020-03-25 8:33 AM

...If you live with someone who is infected in close proximity they are pretty much going to get it really. As I said earlier, I thought I had it and have been really sick but now it looks like ive got fecking Chicken Pox instead. The last four days though we have been trying to keep stuff separate and we live in a large three bedroom country cottage but its just impossible so apart from not sharing food and towels etc we gave up. Ive had a fever, felt incredibly ill but no cough then yesterday I get these massive irritating spots all over my body that are now driving me mad...

Historically in the UK, children used to be deliberately exposed to chicken pox by their parents. This was a risky practice and I well remember having chicken pox badly as a kid though with no long term effects or scarring.

As the link says, it’s quite common for adults who had chicken pox when young to have shingles as an adult and this can also be nasty.

I had shingles in my forties, but only with the classic band of blisters around my waist, and I took a week off work and did some decorating. But shingles can be much more unpleasant if the blistering is more extensive and/or in more sensitive areas of the body.

Thanks. I am pretty sure its Chicken Pox. I had a video appointment with my GP this morning and ran a camera all over myself. At first he said it wasnt because the spots were light coloured and appeared grey to him but I assured him they were pink and it was just my crappy camera so now he thinks thats what it probably is. Got no medication or any of the stuff to ease it though and its really driven me mad. They offered me some antiviral medication but Im probably past that stage now and its not worth the risk with a lowered immune system to go in and get it.

Barryd999 - 2020-03-25 1:33 PM

Thanks. I am pretty sure its Chicken Pox. I had a video appointment with my GP this morning and ran a camera all over myself. At first he said it wasnt because the spots were light coloured and appeared grey to him but I assured him they were pink and it was just my crappy camera so now he thinks thats what it probably is. Got no medication or any of the stuff to ease it though and its really driven me mad. They offered me some antiviral medication but Im probably past that stage now and its not worth the risk with a lowered immune system to go in and get it.

You need to isolate yourself......again....

My granddaughter finished at preschool last Friday. Sat they were informed to isolate as there’s was scarlet fever in the class. Just want no one wants.

Hope you get over it quickly, trust you’ve got enough Scotch.

jumpstart - 2020-03-25 4:07 PM

Barryd999 - 2020-03-25 1:33 PM

You need to isolate yourself......again....

My granddaughter finished at preschool last Friday. Sat they were informed to isolate as there’s was scarlet fever in the class. Just want no one wants.

Hope you get over it quickly, trust you’ve got enough Scotch.

Oh yes.

Archived