Forum Police

Derek Uzzell

It will be noticed that I have now changed my avatar to reflect my forum ‘status’. It might be useful for the other Moderators do the same so that the general forum population can easily identify them.

The forum could do with more Moderators, so - if you’d like to become one - why not apply to the Administrator. Think of the power you’d have...

Suitable qualifications shown below.

moderator.png.9b59b807bdf0649af868e261c048eb28.png

Derek Uzzell - 2020-04-02 6:49 PM

I have the "View other people's signatures?” option in my forum Profille set to NO and I’m pretty sure that is the default.

(I don’t loathe many things, but signatures on forum postings is one thing that I do...)

I don't think so Derek as when i joined i didn't alter any user settings and mine is set to YES. Sometimes has it's advantage......like showing how bats an fm can be such as declaring the date of "Independence Day" which he had to change three times! (lol)

Besides amusing myself with the ‘Forum Police’ image, I wanted to check whether there were still potential problems with repIacing an avatar and the answer is Yes. I replaced my original avatar with the ’shield’ easily, but to replace that image required the procedure described in the final posting of this 2017 forum thread.

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Image-on-postings-how-to-replace-/46179/31/

As will be seen I’ve now reverted to an avatar image of a Rapido 640F.

I managed to cram the word “MODERATOR” into the Location field of my Forum Profile, which is probably the best place to put it, as it will always be visible and should show up even on a small-screen device.

Bulletguy - 2020-04-02 8:39 PM

Derek Uzzell - 2020-04-02 6:49 PM

I have the "View other people's signatures?” option in my forum Profille set to NO and I’m pretty sure that is the default.

(I don’t loathe many things, but signatures on forum postings is one thing that I do...)

I don't think so Derek as when i joined i didn't alter any user settings and mine is set to YES. Sometimes has it's advantage......like showing how bats an fm can be such as declaring the date of "Independence Day" which he had to change three times! (lol)

You are right about the "View other people's signatures?” option - it is set to YES when someone initially joins these forums and would need to be changed to NO to stop signatures being visible.

I have an alternative ‘virgin’ forum persona that lies semi-dormant (I occasionally use it for testing) and that User-ID’s Profile has the "View other people's signatures?” option set to YES.

Archived